CodePony

Hello, I suppose.

Wow. So I've been less involved with Equestria Daily for the past few years (though still deep enough into the show and fandom) and I swing by one day and suddenly the place has forums!

So I guess I could introduce myself briefly. I'm approaching 30, I have an Associates Degree in Information Technology with a computer programming emphasis, and I live in the middle of the US.

• Like 1

Hello and Welcome to this forum. I hope you are able to enjoy your time on here. Keep up with the show as well if you can. S6 is complete and the hiatus is here.

:happy_twi:

Just keep in mind... that I'm the controversial one. :megusta:

1 hour ago, CodePony said:

Wow. So I've been less involved with Equestria Daily for the past few years (though still deep enough into the show and fandom) and I swing by one day and suddenly the place has forums!

So I guess I could introduce myself briefly. I'm approaching 30, I have an Associates Degree in Information Technology with a computer programming emphasis, and I live in the middle of the US.

Hello there and welcome to the forums. :sunset:

Lot of folks seem to be in the Programming/IT fields lately. Hm, in any case, hope you enjoy your stay around here.

Oh great, just the guy for this project! We're trying to migrate our critical payroll and inventory systems from MySQL to no-SQL for no good reason except that it's popular right now, and we need somebody to set up our new DB. While we're at it Bill, the co-executive vice chair of finance, thought we should upgrade the servers from  RHEL 2.1 to RHEL 7 (our last guy set it up a dozen years ago and then we laid him off). He noticed the number was higher now so we should be on that.

We're re-launching tomorrow so I'm sure if you pull an all-nighter everything will go smoothly. You have our full support!

By the way, our budget for this migration is zero for internal accounting reasons. Make it work, smart guy!