'ello fellows. Finally deciding to join a MLP community, and this was the first one I found (well, outside of Reddit) via Silver Quill's link to the advertisement vid. Good enough place as any to start.

Got into FiM about 4 months ago watching random episode reruns on Discovery Family after deciding to see what all the fuss was about (yeah, I'm a bit late on that "hype train", hah). Got hooked pretty fast and within a couple weeks of watching random reruns I subscribed to Netflix pretty much for the sole reason of watching the entire series in order, since at the time Xfinity didn't have all the eps on-demand, even though they do now. I've now watched the series in its entirety twice and am seriously considering run #3, though I'm forcing myself to at least wait and watch some other stuff first. Must use that Netflix sub for something other than just Ponies (Marvel stuff being the thing I'm going for now). Definitely a huge fan of the show. I think its actually managed to make me less dead inside, which is a very impressive feat in and of itself. I've rarely so much as gotten watery-eyed at just about any movie or TV show, but this show... my god. I'll admit it, this show hits me right in the feels.

Looking forward to having some discussion with the community now that I've officially resigned myself to the fact that I'm indeed a "brony". I mean, twice through the series, I don't think there's enough denial to get around that. Not to imply that there's anything wrong with bronies, and that's not even something I say just because I am one now, I've always been a very "to each their own" type. But I digress. Discussion, yeah. That'll be pretty much all I'll be doing since I'm hopelessly inept at anything artistic and I doubt I have the online personality nor ambition to become a reviewer or anything. But I do love me a good discussion. Especially looking forward to the new season so I can discuss stuff gradually as it comes, since right now coming in at 6 seasons that have already been discussed to death (I'm sure) is a bit daunting.

Right now watching the show and discussing it is pretty much it for me. And there don't appear to be any cons or meetups in Colo to tempt me to go beyond that right now anyway, from what I've seen here on the listings. But if something can get me so hooked in a matter of months, who knows how much further it can go.

• Like 2

Hello and Welcome to this forum. Please do enjoy your time on here. Hopefully you can keep up with the show as well. As S6 is complete and the hiatus is here.

:hithere:

About the only thing you need to remember though... is that I'm the controversial one. :megusta:

Welcome to the forums ElecManEXE !

Wow, Exactly the same for me, I discovered mlp 4 month ago, and now I can't think about other things, everyday.

I am Lunar.

Welcome to The Family!

I have come up with a scheme to save some time when I'm about to be late, so here!

Our family has all the necessities!

• Rations
  • Political Unrest
  • Confusing Lounges
  • Love
  • Lot's o' Love
  • Ominous Pretenses
  • Some Sort of Trade

Welcome to the forums!

(lovin' that little each stance)

Just watching the show for now, eh?

Don't worry, we'll have you filling all the shelf space in your living quarters with plastic horsies to brushie-brushie in no time.

50 minutes ago, ABronyAccount said:

Just watching the show for now, eh?

Don't worry, we'll have you filling all the shelf space in your living quarters with plastic horsies to brushie-brushie in no time.

Hah. There's definitely a pretty good chance I'll give in to getting some merch. I've already had moments where I'm in Walmart / Target / TRU and am like "Hmm, lets go see what kind of pony stuff they have just for the heck of it". Some ponies would fit in nicely with my Pokemon figures, Nintendo stuff, Star Wars stuff, Mega Man stuff...However won't be anything brushable, I can guarantee that. Those things look absolutely horrid IMO. The mane and tail styles are far too key to the characters looking "right". The brushable ones can't pull off the right style and thus look very off to me. And most of 'em look pretty cheap overall on top of that, at least what I've seen in said stores.

If I had gotten into FiM before Tradesmart (the GoHastings owned shop in my area) closed down I could have probably found some good stuff there. I never really looked at it too closely, but I seem to remember them having a lot of higher quality vinyl figures, which would be a lot more up my alley. I have yet to find any store that even comes close to the treasure trove of nerdy stuff that place had, not just MLP stuff but just all sorts of nerdy pop culture merch.

There's always the internet of course, but I'm more of a "buy things in person" sort. Not that I have anything against online purchasing or anything, but internet purchasing requires actually going and looking for specific stuff, you don't really just "come upon" stuff on the internet. And I'm lazy.