Light Blade

Songs of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls

H e l l o,  e v e r y p o n y !

large.jpg

Do you like songs from you-know-which show and you-know-which movies? Like some more? Like some less?

Well I have just conjured for us this cute little topic to talk about them! Go ahead, don't be shy, and say what do you think of any song that you heard in Friendship is Magic and/or Equestria Girls!

But make sure to maintain your politeness, okay? :)

• Like 2

I think I shall go with a bigger approach. BY ALBUMS! Yohohohohohooo >:3

- Songs of Friendship and Magic -

songs-of-friendship-and-magic-cover.jpg

At the Gala - pretty nice song.

Becoming Popular - I like how it sounds. The music instruments that are used or whatever - I have some kind of fascination with the way this stuff sounds. And overall, I enjoy this Rarity song.

The Smile Song - Hands down, the strongest song in this album. And one fascinating Pinkie song. Probably the best. I can safely say that, because I start uncontrollably smiling in the most cartoony fashion whenever this song just starts playing. And yes, it comes complete with a wish to hug Pinkie Pie ^_^

Art of the Dress - it's good.

May the Best Pet Win - pretty good.

The Flim Flam Cider Song - pretty catchy, I must admit!

The Laughter Song - very joyous Pinkie song :)

Winter Wrap Up - pretty nice.

B.B.B.F.F. - a sweet little song. I can so feel Twilie's emotions about her onii-chan getting married, changing his social priorities and putting his future wife on the first place.

This Day Aria - many say that this song is like one of the top ones. I personally think that it is alright. It sure nicely gives us the image of the way things are in the S2 finale, but I would not call it the one I go wild about. It's just...alright.

Love is in Bloom - the case similar to Becoming Popular. The choice of music-generating equipment and the way it sounds appeals to me a lot. I like it an awful lot.

• Like 3

@Light Blade

Well, of the songs listed on that album my favorites are "The Smile Song", "Winter Wrap Up" & "This Day Aria".

• "The Smile Song" makes me smile every time I hear it. (Imagine that. ;))
  • "This Day Aria" reminds me of my favorite Disney musical "The Little Mermaid".
  • "Winter Wrap Up" is a fun song with a really catchy chorus.

• Like 2

@ChB

My Top Ten MLP Songs:

1. The Smile Song
  2. Bats!
  3. Apples to the Core
  4. Let's Have a Battle (Of the Bands)
  5. Under Our Spell
  6. Acadeca
  7. Welcome to the Show
  8. This Day Aria
  9. Find the Music in You
  10. CHS Rally Song
  • Like 3

Among the Equestria Girls songs, I think my favorites would be all the opening credit songs.

• Like 3

Since @Sparklefan1234 asked, I guess I shall break up the order this once.

- It's A Pony Kind of Christmas -

Pony-Kind-of-Christmas.jpeg

When I heard of this one coming out, I was very excited about it. And when it came out and I got a chance to buy and listen to it, I loved it to the bone! Ponies coming to celebrate Christmas with us. So lovely! The classic songs were rewritten to feel very pony, and it's great to feel!

It's a Pony Kind of Christmas - a very lovely song. The only problem I had with it is when pieces of RD's and Rari's songs were put in. I t felt kind of off.

Jingle Bells - It's "Jingle Bells". Sung by Rainbow Dash. How possibly more AWESOME can it get?!

Deck the Halls - Sounds so grand and celebratory. Especially with Rarity the Fabulous singing it.

We Wish You a Merry Christmas - awww, thanks Twilie. And your version of this song sounded so organized and planned. You are sure planning to not forget a thing to make Christmas especially neat. And how soothingly you finished the song...

Silent Night - 'peacefully falls asleep in front of a warm fireplace, hugging Fluttershy'

12 Days of Christmas - E? Wha? What ravioli? Why ravioli? Oh...right. It's a Pinkie song....WEEE!

Last Year I Got Coal For Christmas - pretty nice...whoever you might be, singer.

Jolly Ol' St. Nick - Spike! What a smooth singer you are!

Days Gone By - great song! 'Raises his cider mug with Applejack and Apple Bloom crying'

The Heart Carol - THEY MADE LONGER VERSION, YIPPEE!!! 'puts his hoof to heart'

Hearth's Warming Eve Is Here Once Again - pretty good.

Say Goodbye to the Holiday - pretty menacing. But Glimmer, seriously, stop killing fun!

The Seeds of the Past - the song is pretty nice!

Pinkie's Present BEHOLD! "The Smile Song"'s greatest adversary in "The Greatest Pinkie Song" battle!

Luna's Future - Holy..! This song is short, alas. But MY WOW, does it feel grand and powerful!

• Like 3

@Light Blade

My favorite songs on "It's a Pony Kind of Christmas" are "We Wish You a Merry Christmas", "Days Gone By"

& most of the songs from "A Hearths Warming Tail".

• "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" because, Twilight sings it, obviously.
  • "Days Gone By" & "Seeds of the Past" because, Applejack has my favorite  singing voice in MLP.
  • "Luna's Future" because, I think it's awesome despite being a very short song.
  • "Say Goodbye to the Holiday" because, it reminds me of classic Disney villain songs.
  • "Pinkie's Present" because, it's such a fun & upbeat song. (I'm surprised this wasn't on yor list @ChB)
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Light Blade

My favorite songs on "It's a Pony Kind of Christmas" are "We Wish You a Merry Christmas", "Days Gone By"

& most of the songs from "A Hearths Warming Tail".

• "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" because, Twilight sings it, obviously.
  • "Days Gone By" & "Seeds of the Past" because, Applejack has my favorite  singing voice in MLP.
  • "Luna's Future" because, I think it's awesome despite being a very short song.
  • "Say Goodbye to the Holiday" because, it reminds me of classic Disney villain songs.
  • "Pinkie's Present" because, it's such a fun & upbeat song. (I'm surprised this wasn't on yor list @ChB)

I like most of the PKC songs, and Pinkie's Present would be #6 on my list.  

• Like 3

In no particular order my favorites are: 

• EVERY song in Rainbow Rocks
  • Giggle at the Ghosties
  • Love is in Bloom
  • Luna's Future
  • Legend of Everfree's Embrace the Magic
  • Friendship Games' "Acadeca"
  • Winter Wrap Up
  • A Pony Kind of Christmas form the Holiday Album
  • This Day Aria

And my all-time favorites would probably be the My Past is Not Today and the cut version of What More is Out There from Friendship games. The Twilight and Sunset duet was amazing. 

• Like 3

Here are my favorite FiM/EqG songs:

• My Past is Not Today
  • Winter Wrap Up
  • Under Our Spell
  • Welcome to the Show
  • The Friendship Games Theme Song
  • Unleash the Magic
  • Embrace the Magic from Legend of Everfree
  • We Will Stand For Everfree
  • It's a Pony Kind of Christmas Song
  • Shine Like Rainbows 
  • The Spectacle
  • Like 3

Hmm. There are a lot of "pretty good" songs in MLP, but there aren't really that many that stick out in my head above the others. There are a few, though.

~ Winter Wrap-Up

~ Rules of Rarity

~ Babs Seed (though admittedly I think I remember this one more for the 80's cartoon / Scooby-Doo visuals more than the song itself)

~ Let the Rainbow Remind You

~ A True, True Friend

And... that's pretty much it for individual songs, at least off the top of my head. Might be forgetting a few.

But "A Hearth's Warming Tail" is definitely my favorite musical thing the show has ever done. I love every song in that episode. Both the visuals and the music are fantastic (the visual at the end of "Say Goodbye to the Holiday" where Snowfall gets all quiet and says "after today" lit by the fire... breathtaking!). Enough so that I've actually watched the episode at least a half dozen times, and repeated the songs individually more than that, so that I could learn every song. Its my most watched episode just for that reason. Not my favorite episode, but definitely my favorite musical numbers. Seeds of the Past and Pinkie's Present hit the feels, Say Goodbye to the Holiday and Luna's Future are chilling, and Hearth's Warming Eve is Here Once Again is just fun and catchy. I'd say my personal order probably goes Say Goodbye > Luna's (though these two are REALLY close) > Pinkie's Present > Hearth's Warming Eve > Seeds of the Past, but all of them are great.

• Like 3

Hmm. So I ran through a full playlist of all the FiM songs in the series just to see what I was missing in my original post. Not all that much, really. The only ones I'd definitely add to the above list are...

~ Make This Castle a Home

~ I've Got to Find a Way

There were a few others I'd say are borderline, like Generosity, Hearts as Strong as Horses, and Pony I Want to Be. Very good, but not sure they'd quite "make the list".

Overall a fun way to spend a few hours, though. Made me stay up way too late last night and now I'm tired, though. Also never realized how few songs S6 had. Hearth's Warming Tail saves the season from just being pitiful in terms of music. Guess they spent all their time coming up with those great songs.

• Like 2