Sign in to follow this  
Japony

Royal sisters cover-up?

So, thanks to the book, "the mares of S.M.I.L.E", we know Equestrian government cover-ups exist, and go as far up as Sunbutt. Thanks to many episodes in the series, we know that astounding amounts of mind control magic and knowledge of it (Lesson Zero, Every Little Thing She Does, Swarm of the Century, Inspiration Manifestation, The Crystaling) out there.we also know that Sunbury likes to keep her cards close to her chest, not revealing information unless it's an imminent threat (as seen in the return of NMM and Sombra).

While the sisters are said to live a rather long time, it has never been confirmed that they are immortal. In fact, the only instance where we hear of immortality is from a plant called the Eternal Flower, in a Daring Do book. 

Megan McCarthy once provided an explanation that Twilight would not be immortal and outlive her friends, when she had become an alicorn. But can the same also be said of the royal sisters, Cadance, and Flurry Heart? Is it possible that Sunbutt, as the head ruler, has been covering up  the longevity of alicorns? Could she also have also have too easily convinced the populace of alicorn immortality through the abundance of mind control to keep herself and other alicorns in power as long as possible (whatever her intent)?

This is a very interesting theory... which may just have to stay that way sadly.  As much as I'd love for the show to get deep into the politics and "cloak and dagger" of high society, I feel the shows intended target audience would not be as inclined to understand such intrinsic topics and wouldn't help ratings in the end.  Though it definitely is fun to speculate ^_^

I thought that too, that they are actually usual mortal ponies but have knowledge and skills of magic to hold them young and pretty forever. Or to death due traitor's dagger...

On 2/13/2017 at 9:30 PM, Metemponychosis said:

I didn't even know this book existed. When is it from?

Sounds like this book. I've never gotten ahold of these books, though.

18 minutes ago, Number539 said:

Sounds like this book. I've never gotten ahold of these books, though.

yeah, that's it. It's the only one I own of them. And I really doubt the show will ever acknowledge anything from it, conspiracy-wise.