Steel Crescent

Favorite Video Game Tracks.

So what are some of your favorite video game tracks? Post them here and if you want explain why :3

This has to be my favorite boss track of all time.. I think its amazing.

Another Axiom track.. This game has such an amazing OST i highly going on youtube to check it out.

(Shouldn't this go in one of the gaming forums or the misc section?)

Only game soundtrack I like is the TF2 one. Other than that obvious one, some of the stuff from 8-bit games is pretty nice. Otherwise, most game soundtracks don't really impress me and aren't worthy of blaring in my car while I'm driving around.

The entirety of Final Fantasy X's OST. I honestly can't think of a single track that I disliked or didn't care for.

A Contest of Aeons might be my all time favorite game soundtrack.

If you don't count licensed soundtracks like Hotline Miami's or the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series, I'd go with anything by Graeme Norgate. I loved his work on Blast Corps, and his collaborative work with Grant Kirkhope on Goldeneye 007, but it wasn't until I played Timesplitters 2 that he was cemented as my favorite game composer. It takes a lot of talent to come up with music as diverse as the themes TS2 presented with its time-travel motif, and still keep up the quality. 

And none of you plebs ever mentioned Payday 2. Simon Viklund is disappointed in you.

Viklund produces some pretty choice shit. Breath of Death was probably my favorite, but I never play anyone but Jacket and loved Hotline Miami, so I'm a bit biased. :V

"Where's the Van" is another great one, but I can't seem to find a full version with the stealth portion of the song, which disappoints me greatly.

On 8/31/2015 at 6:00 AM, Laurel Crown said:

Ever since I fought the Shagaru Magala on MH4U, it became one of my favorite boss themes.

Some of the battle music from Monster Hunter is pretty great. Personally I've come to love the theme for fighting the Glavenus. It makes the fight feel really epic.

Also, as a bassist, I'm a HUGE fan of the boss theme for Coral Riff from Crypt of the Necrodancer.

56 minutes ago, ArcticEight said:

We had another thread for game music? hmm...

Only gives me another opportunity to shill out Transformers Devastation's OST

Assassin's Creed games have great soundtracks as well (at least up to 3, which is all I've played).

I'm obviously going to be rather biased here, but anything from the Homeworld OSTs, including Deserts of Kharak are going to be my first picks.

I mean, you just know something's about to go down when you hear the Turanic Raider theme:

I like Paul Ruskay's style and choice of instruments. Really captures the atmosphere.

Turns out Ruskay composed for another game called Strike Suit Zero as well:

Ruskay's style is oddly fitting for space. Even Stargate: Universe used similar stringed instruments. Hard to tell, but it could be a dilruba or esraj. As for the wind instrument, perhaps a mizmar?

Now I might not be a huge fan of the COD series, but the betrayal track was damn good.

Last one I'll leave you with is something from the X series. I'll be here all day linking every single awesome track in every single X game, so I'll just leave one of my favourites. Seriously though, Alexei Zakharov is an amazing composer.