I have two adorable little sisters that mean the world to me that adore My Little Pony. When I showed them a few pictures from some age appropriate artists they were overjoyed that a website that had pony news even existed. Thing is, they're pretty young, as in cruising through disney websites only young, and when I started to browse the site to see if it was safe to peruse I found that EQD keeps content that isn't so age appropriate. I couldn't share the joy of EQD with them. 

Now I know this is a long shot and that it would take a loooot of preparation to put something like this into motion, but I was wondering if there was ever a plan to implement an age appropriate safe version of EQD?

It would be a lot of work but Id rather ask and be denied than never asking at all.

Ratings are a huge issue when it comes to moderation and content control, so much can be considered borderline with SFW.

So basically, it's too much work to create a "SFW EQD" out of the blue, especially from it's very first request. And most likely won't happen either, sorry Kaig3n.

On 3/4/2017 at 10:26 AM, FizzyGreen said:

Personally, i would be against that. Or at least against a complete "ban" of NSFW.

Well, the EQD Site allows saucy/suggestive content, whereas the Forums/Discord completely bar anything suggestive.

So technically we're only SFW Only here.

17 hours ago, Vin said:

Well, the EQD Site allows saucy/suggestive content, whereas the Forums/Discord completely bar anything suggestive.

So technically we're only SFW Only here.

Suggestive stuff is banned? Since when?

3 hours ago, MoltenKitten said:

Suggestive stuff is banned? Since when?

Maybe a week or two ago since the last staff meeting. Rules will get updated, someday. :eyeroll:

59 minutes ago, Vin said:

Maybe a week or two ago since the last staff meeting. Rules will get updated, someday. :eyeroll:

good luck with enforcing that

So is swearing (le "F word", mainly) frowned upon here then? I checked and the rules said "PG-13" (Yes I know it said the Hive part of the forums, but that could still apply to the forums as a whole) but I just want to be certain.

Maybe I don't lurk enough, but where exactly is the Nsfw side of EQD? pretty much everything from the art, animations and music (the sole reason I come here) is sfw

Maybe I'm just not seeing it from a parental perspective but I can't see why you wouldn't allow your sisters to view eqd. pony is good. artistic expression is good. Trixie and Starlight Glimmer are even tolerable to a degree. What's not to love?

On 3/16/2017 at 9:16 PM, WonkyStallion said:

So is swearing (le "F word", mainly) frowned upon here then? I checked and the rules said "PG-13" (Yes I know it said the Hive part of the forums, but that could still apply to the forums as a whole) but I just want to be certain.

PG-13 has been changed to SFW. Swearing is fine, just not excessively or randomly. Derogatory terms on the other hand are not okay and should be avoided. Trying to censor it too counts as saying them.

On 3/17/2017 at 10:08 PM, Mourningfall said:

Maybe I don't lurk enough, but where exactly is the Nsfw side of EQD? pretty much everything from the art, animations and music (the sole reason I come here) is sfw

Maybe I'm just not seeing it from a parental perspective but I can't see why you wouldn't allow your sisters to view eqd. pony is good. artistic expression is good. Trixie and Starlight Glimmer are even tolerable to a degree. What's not to love?

There is no NSFW side, only Suggestive/Saucy on the site which are tagged by default to be generally hidden from younger audiences, and you can view them at your own discretion.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2017 at 7:43 PM, Vin said:

PG-13 has been changed to SFW. Swearing is fine, just not excessively or randomly. Derogatory terms on the other hand are not okay and should be avoided. Trying to censor it too counts as saying them.

Ah. Well, I'm not a derogatory person and I only swear excessively when I'm at my absolute limit with something. 

19 minutes ago, WonkyStallion said:

Ah. Well, I'm not a derogatory person and I only swear excessively when I'm at my absolute limit with something. 

Then you got nothing to be too worried about :P

• Like 1

EqD has already been made SFW enough as it is. The comments are much more child-friendly than YouTube comments could ever hope of being and children nowadays spend a lot of time on YouTube anyway. There is nothing objectionable whatsoever about what EqD posts and in the very few instances that saucy content is even posted, it's clearly labeled as such.

• Like 1