Sign in to follow this  
Rosered

Is this the national anthem of MLP world?

You know I always thought that the theme song itself was some sort of anthem in equestria or ponyville because in early episodes characters would hum it sometimes like Spike in Griffon the Brush Off or Fluttershy while she was cleaning the library in The Ticket Master, but I,m probably just overthinking it.

I immediately thought of this song as an anthem. It just feels to patriotic! Although I'm not sure if anthems in mlp can apply to just countries, but also to cites and towns. As you say, Cloudsdale has their own. This anthem, I feel, would be perfect for Canterlot.

My best guess is yes. It sounds like one to begin with and it's just like Ponies to have an anthem that sings about Friendship and Harmony.

• Like 1

I kinda always considered Heart Carol full version the anthem. You know the Fires of Friendship song.

As for Cloudsdale having it's own anthem I kinda sorta assumed that Equestria is like Ancient Greece and all cities and towns are their own states but under hegemony of Canterlot. Which is why you get democratic and oligarchic strange mix from place to place in Equestria.