PinkiePie97

Best Gift Ever Discussion

Title: Best Gift Ever

Synopsis: It’s the holiday season and the pony friends are galloping through Equestria to find the BEST GIFT EVER for each other! Throughout their adventures, they come to find that friendship is every pony’s favorite gift after all. As the ponies all prepare for another Hearth’s Warming, families come together to celebrate the big holiday. The Pie family arrives in Ponyville and Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash are ready for the big day… but Princess Twilight Sparkle doesn’t have time to celebrate! With her new school taking up her time and Shining Armor, Cadance and Baby Flurry Heart coming to visit, Twilight is behind on her to-do list. She hasn’t even begun to shop! Luckily her friends are here to help! Instead of one gift for every pony, they decide to do a Hearthswarming Helper and give just one gift to the pony whose cutie mark they pull out of Applejack’s hat. But now, the pressure’s on to find the one perfect gift to make each pony’s holiday special. By seeking help from their friends all over Equestria, the Mane 6 and Spike are each hoping to find the best gift ever. With their hopes high, they set out on a magical adventure to make each pony’s Hearthswarming bright.

Airs: Today at 1 P.M. on Discovery Family

10/10 great holiday special, I'm looking forward to watching it every year for Christmas! I think every pony had their moment(s), and the magical reindeer weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be.

• Like 1

Exccccccccccccccccccccccccellent! Every sub-plot was well-realized and the character interactions were all believable. The writing is tight, never drawn out, and it's amazing they wrapped up so many threads like that. Truly it was Avengers: Civil War-like in achievement.

And there was so much adorable stuff.

And Derpy!

And tons of adorable stuff besides.

And faic material!

And did I mention how adorable it was?

Basically the adorability was off the charts.

1868549__safe_screencap_best+gift+ever_s

large.png

1867993__safe_screencap_yona_best+gift+e

LARGER SIZED GIF OF ADORABLOR

• Like 2

It was AMAZING. There was DERPY, AJ'S HAT THEORY, SPIKE SINGING, TONS OF REFERENCES, PIE SISTERS, REINDERS, DISCORD, FLURRY IN A ONSIE AND MUCH MORE. 

And also..... PUUUDDDDIIIIINNNGGGG!!!

• Like 2

I'm surprised, no one brought this up, When it Comes To "The Best Gift Ever"

And mostly the drawing of the names and cutie marks, and who got who, more speificly, how this relates to three characters.

When the drawing of names/cutie marks occurred,, (along with the trade), check out this unique situation, Spike (after the trade) got Rarity, and AppleJack got Spike., and Rarity got Applejack.  

So if you're a RaraJack, Sparity,or Appllespike shipping, I hope you saw what they did there.

Is everything shipping with you? By your logic flutterdash and pinkietwi were also shipped since they got each other. Anyway I liked this special. Pistachio was a real cutie and the winterchilla may be my favorite fantasy creature. I also liked the reindeer and the songs. It was cute seeing scootaloo pull sweetie belle on the sled and I love that the pies and apples still celebrate together and grand pear is included as well as mudbriar and sugar belle.

Did anyone not catch this small detail, Rarity has " Stars in her eyes" when Spike is singing to her. And if your a romantic or know anything about Romance storytelling, "Stars in their Eyes" at most times, means that was just a friendship, has now become something more.  Just thought I'd point that out.  

ps. Don't be surprised if Sparity is subtle used in Season 9 (should it be the last).

latest?cb=20181102213848latest?cb=20181102213848

Geez, and I thought season 8's holiday episode was terrific. The extended length gives this more than enough space to give each of the mane six their due, and while some aspects are clearly derived from prior episodes - Rainbow Falls, yaks, Flim Flam Bros. - there's also a bunch of delightful new bits here. This pretty consistently delighted me, and alongside "Horse Play" it's easily the best showing from the mane six in the past couple of years. People say there's nothing new to be done with these characters, but then we get stuff like this. Look, Rainbow Dash paired up with Discord! Look, clairvoyant reindeer! Look, an adorable young fashion dork for Rarity to inspire! Some of the content here is just a quirky spin on stuff the show's done before, I wish the show would let go of Spike's crush, and there's a few character beats I wish were a little different, but altogether I think this is phenomenal in a way that the show hasn't been for years. This is what this series can be like when it takes a couple steps back and does away with its pretenses. This is magical. 

Also: Shout out to seeing Twilight's and Pinkie's siblings! Makes me wish we got cameos from CMC, Zephyr Breeze, and the parents, but you can't have everything. Though if they were there and I missed it, I certainly wouldn't mind being shown pictures. 

Score:
Entertainment: 10/10
Characters: 10/10
Themes: 10/10
Story: 8/10
Overall: 95/100

Turns out the real best gift ever was the friends we made along the way. 

• Like 1