TaliaKirana

New episodes confirmed for 2018

Recommended Posts

Sheesh, 8 seasons? I think there's a point where this needs to stop. I mean, ok, season 6 was kind of poor. What if season 7 is worse? Then people will go into season 8 with very low expectations. At this point surpassing Spongebob in seasons doesn't sound far-fetched.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Celli said:

Sheesh, 8 seasons? I think there's a point where this needs to stop. I mean, ok, season 6 was kind of poor. What if season 7 is worse? Then people will go into season 8 with very low expectations. At this point surpassing Spongebob in seasons doesn't sound far-fetched.

There's so much they can do with this universe though. And when people get bored of it, it isn't that hard to do a new series with a spin-off with a fresh cast of characters (or returning characters.) PLEASE DON'T LET IT BE EQUESTRIA GIRLS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2017 at 2:41 AM, Celli said:

Sheesh, 8 seasons? I think there's a point where this needs to stop. I mean, ok, season 6 was kind of poor. What if season 7 is worse? Then people will go into season 8 with very low expectations. At this point surpassing Spongebob in seasons doesn't sound far-fetched.

You can thank all the veteran writers for leaving the show. At this point, we can all say that the show peaked at season 5.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I'm over the moon about this, I feel that any great show has to end on a high note. There is nothing worse than having a favorite show overstay its welcome and remembered for being stale. All I want is that they work on introducing more regular characters and build around their lives. I had hoped that Sunburst would become one. Nope... Maybe Trixie? Thorax even?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rough_Draft said:

As much as I'm over the moon about this, I feel that any great show has to end on a high note. There is nothing worse than having a favorite show overstay its welcome and remembered for being stale. All I want is that they work on introducing more regular characters and build around their lives. I had hoped that Sunburst would become one. Nope... Maybe Trixie? Thorax even?

They do seem to be running out of things to do with the core cast. At this point, we've seen the Mane 6 in all sorts of situations, explored pretty much every facet of their personalities, watched them move up in the world, and even temporarily undid some character growth so they could learn the same lessons over again. I think the writers have been doing a good job coming up with new episode ideas, even into season 6, but it's bound to start feeling stale after a while. Developing the fringe characters and seeing how they interact with the Mane 6 is a good way to keep the show's momentum going. Let's see an episode revolving around Trixie and Twilight engaged in a Cold War of one-upmanship. Let's see Dragonlord Ember bring the Mane 6 in to try to teach the unruly dragons about the magic of friendship. Let's see Gilda and Gabby partner up to do literally anything. Let's have a few more episodes with Pinkie Pie's family. There's still a lot of potential to be mined from My Little Pony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Friendship is Horses said:

They do seem to be running out of things to do with the core cast. At this point, we've seen the Mane 6 in all sorts of situations, explored pretty much every facet of their personalities, watched them move up in the world, and even temporarily undid some character growth so they could learn the same lessons over again. I think the writers have been doing a good job coming up with new episode ideas, even into season 6, but it's bound to start feeling stale after a while. Developing the fringe characters and seeing how they interact with the Mane 6 is a good way to keep the show's momentum going. Let's see an episode revolving around Trixie and Twilight engaged in a Cold War of one-upmanship. Let's see Dragonlord Ember bring the Mane 6 in to try to teach the unruly dragons about the magic of friendship. Let's see Gilda and Gabby partner up to do literally anything. Let's have a few more episodes with Pinkie Pie's family. There's still a lot of potential to be mined from My Little Pony.

So much more to see and do! I've talked about this a little already on another thread, but the zebra lands have been utterly ignored so far also. Along with including exploring Ember's new reign, Trixie's and Twilight's conflicting personalities, and the griffin's acceptance of good nature. I mean, c'mon! Applejack's parents for goodness sake! We still don't know anything about them. Explaining something grim like that could be a great challenge to the writing staff. "Tanks for the memories" could be a good leaping off point for this. Here's hoping anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we are going to see AJ's parents make an appearance in a flashback in Season 7. Rainbow's parents will be showing up as well. (Probably a separate episode.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2017 at 6:39 AM, TaliaKirana said:

Well, we are going to see AJ's parents make an appearance in a flashback in Season 7. Rainbow's parents will be showing up as well. (Probably a separate episode.)

My god... The feels are already happening!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care if they beat a dead horse. I just wanna see ponies. It's that simple.

 

I don't expect anything super great. I guess from here on it can only get better.

But then again, i'm a bad example 'cause the show isn't the only thing a care about in this fandom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now