Rosered

What happens to ponies who befriends humans

You could go two very different directions with this. One: the greatest partnership built off of love and acceptance capable of uniting the entire planet. Or two:...slavery. I'll let you decide which group turns out on top. :ajlie:

4 hours ago, Rough_Draft said:

I'll let you decide which group turns out on top. 

How do you figure ponies could enslave our civilization? I can't see them winning a war against 2/3 of Earth's countries individually.

2 hours ago, Metemponychosis said:

How do you figure ponies could enslave our civilization? I can't see them winning a war against 2/3 of Earth's countries individually.

They could flatten us if they wanted to. They've got magic. They'd have to be a little strategic about it -- we've got numbers on our side, and weapons, and most of them can't do any real sorcery -- but they've got all different flavors of mind control, and if the changelings joined them, they could infiltrate important positions in our society to destabilize us from the inside. They're so cute and friendly looking that no one would suspect any aggression in the beginning, and the MLP show is the perfect propaganda machine to give subtle anti-authority messages to our youth. When you think about it, they're already doing it! Princesses = good, kings and queens (like Sombra and Chrysalis) = evil... it's teaching our kids to rebel against the generation in power! They could already have earth pony scouts here, posing as dumb horses. My god, the invasion has already begun.

34 minutes ago, Friendship is Horses said:

They could flatten us if they wanted to. They've got magic. They'd have to be a little strategic about it -- we've got numbers on our side, and weapons, and most of them can't do any real sorcery -- but they've got all different flavors of mind control, and if the changelings joined them, they could infiltrate important positions in our society to destabilize us from the inside. They're so cute and friendly looking that no one would suspect any aggression in the beginning, and the MLP show is the perfect propaganda machine to give subtle anti-authority messages to our youth. When you think about it, they're already doing it! Princesses = good, kings and queens (like Sombra and Chrysalis) = evil... it's teaching our kids to rebel against the generation in power! They could already have earth pony scouts here, posing as dumb horses. My god, the invasion has already begun.

I want to watch this cartoon you're watching. I'm pretty sure an unicorn would have a lot of trouble casting any sort of spells with a bullet in their head. Or while being bombed with artillery or long range bombers. Or by drones. Or being gassed. Just because we have one or two Twilights and Starlight Glimmers in the cartoon doesn't mean that the whole of Equestria can do the same. Did you see the royal guards fighting Sombra's soldiers? They pretty much slap one another. What passes for strategy in the changelings collective head is smashing against a shield and gryphons can't even figure out how to fix their town without the ponies coming along or some mystical artifact.

I think that you're joking, but this is absurd. Why would the changelings be working with the ponies and how would they really infiltrate our societies (plural, widely different, one more xenophobic and distrusting than the other) when in the cartoon they only manage to infiltrate pony society and act as stupid as they do because the script said so. Or can't even seem to be infiltrating other societies that would be even more defenseless than the ponies, like the yaks or even the gryphons?

There are people that already hate these ponies while they're fictional characters, imagine if they appeared in the flesh.

That argument about authority really makes no sense. Teenagers have been doing that as long as parents can remember.

Wow, this blew up! Yay! Love a good hypothetical.:awesomedash:

This is how I'd imagine the takeover. It couldn't be done right away. It would take years. A generation almost; first gaining the trust of the adults through their children while subtly indoctrinating them. Over years Ponies would climb up the social ladder before eventually weaving their way through the political spectrum with their amazing skills at uniting through friendship, while keeping those humans still in doubt confused of their intent. Decades later, once multiple positions of power have been attained around the world and the most influential and powerful of ponies (whether they're earth, pegisi, unicorn or alicorn) are in place, then the fun begins with the careful changing of laws to make those who love the pastel horses lapping up everything they say. By that point it would be too late for the all the neigh-sayers to retaliate with those loyal to ponies backing their cause while being kept in blissful ignorance. Any form of uprising would be crushed through civil war before ponies but the hoof down to complete the birth of the new world.

BANG! All hail our pony overlords!

...I think I thought about this a bit too much.:slymac:

@Metemponychosis They're not just going to stroll in and start shooting horn-beams at civilians! Oh no no no, it'd go more like @Rough_Draft is talking about. Hearts and minds. They'd come in peace, with tidings of friendship and harmony. And who would doubt them? They're adorable. Celestia is more like Equestria's mom than a leader in the sense that we're used to. If she opened the doors to Equestria and invited humans to come live there as serfs, without rights or freedom but with the promise of respectful treatment and a fair work-life balance, she'd have a horde of disillusioned people lining up at the gates, happily baring their necks to be measured for collars. Equestria doesn't engage in a war of attrition with all of human civilization; that's not how ponies roll. They make us feel like idiots for our miserable track record at getting along with each other, encourage total military disarmament, give our leaders some subtle magical coercion where need be, and unite the world in harmony. And if that doesn't work, unleash the windigoes and watch us either shape up or usher in a new ice age.

This world domination scenario got a lot less sinister as I thought about it. Vote ponies 2020.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RK_Striker_JK_5 said:

I, the author of the fanfic, say that humans would win.

I, the author of the fanfic, say that ponies would win.

There's your answer. Lunchtime!

Sounds good. Hay fries and oat burgers for all!:approve:

• Like 1

I suppose it would depend on which humans they attempted to befriend. If they tried to cozy up to the wrong ones, they'd wind up being experimented on by scientists who hoped to harness their magical abilities. Or worse, they'd get eaten by people who thought that they'd absorb magic power by eating pony meat.

I guess I have a very cynical view of the human race... but given how things are, I think it's justified.

If humans and ponies did end up going to war, I think humans would win easily. Drop hydrogen bombs on Canterlot, Ponyville, and the Crystal Empire, and that would pretty much be the end of it. I doubt pony force fields could stand up to an h-bomb, but maybe they could. I dunno. Even so, if all three places were hit simultaneously, and without warning, it wouldn't matter anyway.

Of course, there's also Discord. He'd be the biggest threat, especially if Fluttershy perished in the attack on Ponyville. I don't know if he could be killed, but he could probably be sealed away inside his dimension somehow.

On 2/25/2017 at 10:59 PM, Netburst Celeron said:

I suppose it would depend on which humans they attempted to befriend. If they tried to cozy up to the wrong ones, they'd wind up being experimented on by scientists who hoped to harness their magical abilities. Or worse, they'd get eaten by people who thought that they'd absorb magic power by eating pony meat.

I guess I have a very cynical view of the human race... but given how things are, I think it's justified.

If humans and ponies did end up going to war, I think humans would win easily. Drop hydrogen bombs on Canterlot, Ponyville, and the Crystal Empire, and that would pretty much be the end of it. I doubt pony force fields could stand up to an h-bomb, but maybe they could. I dunno. Even so, if all three places were hit simultaneously, and without warning, it wouldn't matter anyway.

Of course, there's also Discord. He'd be the biggest threat, especially if Fluttershy perished in the attack on Ponyville. I don't know if he could be killed, but he could probably be sealed away inside his dimension somehow.

Fallout: Equestria is definitely for you then. From those stories, magical strength can be almost limitless.

As far as ponies being experimented on or eaten... you haven't got a cynical view. It's just the cold hard truth haha. Humans are nothing if not vain. We as a species cannot go into a relationship if it's not mutually beneficial.

• Like 1