PinkiePie97

The Official Spoiler Discussion Thread. Spoilers Ahead.

That's honestly what I was expecting from the title. Minus obviously the "fly-ders". Still didn't we already have CMC + Big Sis camping episode with scary stories?

And a dump of new episode synopses, along with the reveal of two new episodes - "Marks and Recreation" and "Secrets and Pies." (Daring Done hasn't had a synopsis revealed yet, so may have been delayed.)

"A Health of Information" is revealed to be a Fluttershy/Zecora episode. "To Change a Changeling" is a Starlight/Trixie episode, focused on helping Thorax's brother. "It isn't The Mane Thing About You" is a Rarity episode, with her having a mishap with one of Zecora's potions. "Once Upon a Zeppelin" is a Twilight episode involving her taking a trip with her family. "Marks and Recreation" is another CMC episode, with them encountering a foal who doesn't want a cutie mark. "Secrets and Pies" is a Pinkie/Rainbow episode.

Lots of CMC and Twilight this season. I definitely approve.

And by this, To change a changeling became flat out uninteresting for me lol

I should be grateful. Fluttershy paired up with annoying Discord and boring Zecora, CMC once again, Starlight/Trixie and other lame episode descriptions. Very easy to drop the show on Saturday. Damn, I didn't want to be that guy on this board as well like on mlpf, but this jinxed synopsis of Royal Problem fucked me up for good. :]

Just saw Royal Problems from a YouTube stream rip. I loved it. It was hilarious all around, it showed exactly what we've been asking for for so long and in the best way possible. Definitely one of my favorite episodes of the season.

I'm not to sure if there's already a topic on this, but after watching the Treehouse release of the season 7 episode, A Royal Problem...( Which is one of the best, and homages many Brony fans and FanFics ), I began to realize something about Starlight. Now this is just a theory, but I think I have a big idea on whats going to happen later in the series, maybe even the season! So just to be safe, SPOILERS!!! Continue at you're own risk!!!

In the episode, we see that the Map has called Starlight to canterlot to solve a friendship problem with Celestia and Luna. Thats a big red flag! But before I get into that, lets start at the beginning of my theory. We know Starlight is powerful with magic, and in the season 5 finale she's able to alter Star-swirl's time spell and use the map to travel back in time. I have a hole theory about her relation to the Great Pony Wizard, but thats for another post. The point is, she was able to use the map. Later in season 6 she was able to help reactivate the map. Now the map is calling her for friendship problems. If you remember at the end of season 4 and the beginning of season 5, the map responds to the the Mane 6 due to their connection of the Elements of Harmony. Thats the 6 elements...But now Starlight is getting called by the map, and its also telling her mission is complete as well, just like the Mane 6. So here's what I'm thinking...

Either, Starlight Glimmer will be unveiled to be a lost 7th element, the element of Bravery, Leadership, so on. OR...As the series continues she will lead a new Mane 6 in either later seasons or a sequel series. That would explain her making friends left and right. Trixie, Maud, Sunburst, Thorax, maybe even Discord. 

I'm leaning more towards the prior, but either could happen to Starlight. Now this is all a big fan theory, but it would explain all the map stuff, as well as why the show's creators are putting so much emphasis on her as of late...

What do you think?.... 

The yak episode feels incredibly underwhelming after watching the Celestia/Luna episode...

Also this had to be done:

Alright, I've caught-up with Episode 9 of Season 7, so I can start making a few comments.

I have to say IMHO that this season is not the best neither the worst I have seen.

I don't know if the writers and the showrunners are riding the entire Series to a "soft reset" making the Mane 6 lesser heroes and promoving Starlight Glimmer to the main role (or, should I say "Mane role"?).

Or maybe they are just expanding the background of all primary and secondary Pony characters, and then after the midseason hiatus the Mane 6 will be back in action....  

Only time could tell us about it.

Anyway, even on the chance of my first hypothesis (a soft-reset) I'm not  saying this is a bad thing for the show.

On 5/22/2017 at 2:40 AM, Yaop said:

The yak episode feels incredibly underwhelming after watching the Celestia/Luna episode...

Also this had to be done:

I completely agree. It kinda makes me sad that the Yak episode is the last before the mid-season hiatus. Royal Problem wouldve definitely been the better note to end on.

Yak episode was one of the worst of this season, imo. It wasn't BAD, just not great. Royal Problem was a really good episode! I really hope they keep fleshing out Celestia and Luna's personalities. They've been doing a good job of it lately.

Watched the two new episodes that premiered in Australia over the last two days. I enjoyed "Discordant Harmony". It was a fun episode with some good character development for Discord and I think it did a good job of presenting the moral of "being yourself" without outright stating it to the audience.

In terms of "The Perfect Pear", I thought it was a great episode all in all, but I still only consider it second best of the season to "Royal Problems". While I enjoyed it overall be it the expansion of backstory for the Apple family, the song, and the absolutely adorable relationship between the parents Bright Mac and Pear Butter, I felt the pacing was inconsistent with the constant switching from different characters for each part of the story being a definite factor in this, and I wish that they went expanded the guilt Grand Pear felt from leaving his daughter and not coming back to reconcile until it was too late. These problems don't flat out ruin the episode for me because everything else is done so well (hell, I even teared up a bit during portions of the episode), but they definitely stop it from being the best of the season vs "Royal Problems" which I feel was a perfect episode. A very close second though, and I'll be excited to revisit it when it premieres on Discovery Family in the states. God I hope that song gets released on the next Pony album. It was beautiful to listen to.

So now the question is...

What will I pay attention to more?

Lion Guard S2 or the continuation of MLP: FiM S7?

The answer is obvious.

Both.

Hey am I reading this right? Perfect Pear and Discordant Harmony are on a same day? Huzzah. So we only have to await till 12th to start getting new episodes.

*gives a boop to PinkiePie97*

What to do... what to do...

Give more attention to Lion Guard S2 or give more attention to continuation of MLP: FiM S7?

:ponder:

I kid. It'll be both.

Though I won't have to force myself to watch Lion Guard S2...