PinkiePie97

The Official Spoiler Discussion Thread. Spoilers Ahead.

12 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Anyone else think To Change a Changeling is gonna be a divisive episode?

I really want to have more information about Changelings, and look forward to this episode.

Why do you think it will be a divisive?

• Like 1

Oh great...

'Shadow Play' huh?

Is this show stealing Persona material now?

If so...

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

:newspaper:

14 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

What episodes do you think will be bad?

I have my usual stance on new episodes in MLP:FIM... "Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst." So every episode is potentially a pain to watch or a bliss. With that said, the only one I fear is the last one.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Metemponychosis said:

I have my usual stance on new episodes in MLP:FIM... "Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst." So every episode is potentially a pain to watch or a bliss.

I second that opinion. I attempt to watch every episode with an open mind and more often than not, I find something to enjoy in the episode even if it isn't as good as other episodes. There's only a few episodes throughout the entire series that don't follow this criteria and none of them are in Season 1 (which may surprise a lot of people).

How would you rate the season so far?

I think it's been good, with great episodes like Perfect Pear, Discordant Harmony, Royal Problem, and A Flurry of Emotions. But, I also feel there have been some episodes that were just OK, like Honest Apple, Hard to Say Anything, Forever Filly, and Fluttershy Leans In. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LostSanity said:

What episodes will be bad?

That's easy.

Anything with Discord, Starlight Glimmer, or Trixie in it.

:newspaper:

I thought Discord was tolerable in "Discordant Harmony".

8 hours ago, WaterPulse said:

The only episode that I disliked with Discord in it was "What About Discord", and my reasons for disliking the episode revolved around all the characters except Discord ironically.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2017 at 10:41 PM, WaterPulse said:

I haven't seen that one yet. I'm waiting for the U.S. airing.

However I've pretty much hated ALL the episodes with Discord in it except Three's A Crowd and that was only because Cadence made the episode tolerable.

I don't think I've ever been as worried about an episode as Triple Threat.

I'm worried it'll be as bad as Princess Spike or Spike At Your Service. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

I don't think I've ever been as worried about an episode as Triple Threat.

I'm worried it'll be as bad as Princess Spike or Spike At Your Service. 

Well, hopefully having Ember in it will help to make it entertaining. I really want to see more of her and learn more about the dragons in general.

As I said in my status update...

MLP: FiM S7 is returning this weekend. Which means the long-awaited return of my thoughts on episodes as well as my 'Fandom Status' percentage. (not)

But I put them in spoilers for a reason. Which means...

IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU WILL LIKE IT THEN DON'T READ IT.

It's that simple.

Common Knowledge really. (Thanks Ono)

This is an amazing episode!  M. A. Larson, you've done it again!  The episode pretty much makes fun of the bronies who are overreacting over the changes for the show (i.e Twilight Sparkle having wings, Applejack and Pinkie Pie being related etc.) and starting the whole controversy. The song is also really awesome, too.

Rating for Fame and Misfortune: A+

Fame and Misfortune Talk :

Well, when one looks at it, the staff was not only pointing out the complaints and criticisms we as fans have had over the seasons. But through the "We're Not Flawless" song, basically told us that not everything they've showcased in the past and will showcase in the future is going to be perfect or exactly what you (as fans) want.

And the ending where AppleJack asked about the ponies (representation of the fanbase) outside the castle, and Twlight's response was that they can wait, I look at as the writing staff telling us, that the answers to the questions we seek will come, but we have to wait and be patient.
Another thing I sense with this episode (based on what others , like Silver Quill and Dr. Wolfe had to say), is that the writing staff was kinda telling us that if want answers to these questions/criticisms/complaints, that perhaps we should try to do it ourselves.

Because it seems that they're telling us at the end of the episode, that yes we will possibly get the answers to our questions, but that the door is opened for us to try and answer these questions through our own interpretation.

Now did they have to have Starlight say the line that she did, about it not being the Mane 6's fault, but everypony else's for focusing on the wrong things. In a way no. But it was done, because the writing staff was reminding us, especially at the end when Starlight brought the two foils from earlier, what the core/heart of the show and lessons were really about and who (originally) the target audience it was aimed towards.

However, like SQ said in his video, it doesn't mean the writing staff (through the characters) wants to incorporate these lessons and morals into trying to make our everyday lives better, because they probably do, but at the end of all this, to remember what the show and the lessons were/are really about and who (originally) they were really meant for.

Not saying we can't enjoy MLP : FIM for what it is , that being a good overall story/series (comic books, TV) or the upcoming movie. Because we can and should. But as the writing staff (as meta as it was) reminded us at the of this episode , that through our enjoyment, to remember what the show originally was meant as and who it originally was meant for.
Have A Blessed Day-bwrosas

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bwrosas said:

Fame and Misfortune Talk :

Well, when one looks at it, the staff was not only pointing out the complaints and criticisms we as fans have had over the seasons. But through the "We're Not Flawless" song, basically told us that not everything they've showcased in the past and will showcase in the future is going to be perfect or exactly what you (as fans) want.

And the ending where AppleJack asked about the ponies (representation of the fanbase) outside the castle, and Twlight's response was that they can wait, I look at as the writing staff telling us, that the answers to the questions we seek will come, but we have to wait and be patient.
Another thing I sense with this episode (based on what others , like Silver Quill and Dr. Wolfe had to say), is that the writing staff was kinda telling us that if want answers to these questions/criticisms/complaints, that perhaps we should try to do it ourselves.

Because it seems that they're telling us at the end of the episode, that yes we will possibly get the answers to our questions, but that the door is opened for us to try and answer these questions through our own interpretation.

Now did they have to have Starlight say the line that she did, about it not being the Mane 6's fault, but everypony else's for focusing on the wrong things. In a way no. But it was done, because the writing staff was reminding us, especially at the end when Starlight brought the two foils from earlier, what the core/heart of the show and lessons were really about and who (originally) the target audience it was aimed towards.

However, like SQ said in his video, it doesn't mean the writing staff (through the characters) wants to incorporate these lessons and morals into trying to make our everyday lives better, because they probably do, but at the end of all this, to remember what the show and the lessons were/are really about and who (originally) they were really meant for.

Not saying we can't enjoy MLP : FIM for what it is , that being a good overall story/series (comic books, TV) or the upcoming movie. Because we can and should. But as the writing staff (as meta as it was) reminded us at the of this episode , that through our enjoyment, to remember what the show originally was meant as and who it originally was meant for.
Have A Blessed Day-bwrosas

Yeah, these mirror my thoughts on the episode. The staff did take a jab at us, and it was a jab that is true in some circles of the fandom, but at the end of the day the staff are just trying to make an entertaining pony show that teaches the magic of friendship. And for the most part (at least in my opinion), they've succeeded. It's one reason why even when I don't care for an episode or straight up hate it, I don't give the staff crap for it because they're doing the best they can and should be allowed to mess up every once in a while. Not only that, but being on this forum has shown me that not everyone likes the same episodes I do and vice versa. Everyone has different opinions and different interpretations on what makes an episode good and enjoyable. We also need to remember that while constructive criticism is ok, sometimes people go too far and lose sight of why the staff work on the show to begin with. Added to that is the fact that the staff have said time and time again how grateful they are to the fandom for loving the show the way that we do and I don't think they would trade that appreciation for anything (especially considering that the show would've potentially ended in Season 3 if it were not for how popular we helped make it) which helps me take this episode with a grain of salt. I took this episode more as ranting about your friends or family: you do it and you're thoughts are justified, but none of them are deal breakers and in the end, we're all still friends and appreciate what we give each other.

Plus the episode was hilarious and was perfectly designed for Larson to write so...