PinkiePie97

The Official Spoiler Discussion Thread. Spoilers Ahead.

3 hours ago, PeeWeePhoenix said:

I just watched the leaked remainining episodes this season.

I saw some stills on Derpibooru. The finale seems interesting.

Is it the same story from the comics?

You know, after watching the  "Analyst Bronies React: Season 7 Finale "Shadow Play", I decided to do some more discussion on "Shadow Play" and see if maybe what Analyst Bronies pointed out, that perhaps I could I could add to that.
Comments are Welcomed

After watching "Analyst Bronies React: Season 7 Finale "Shadow Play", I can understand many of the points that they made.  However, if you really think about it, Starswirl was just as much to blame for what happen as Twilight.  Now you may ask, "How can that be?" Well, when you think about it, if he had placed a note in his journal, telling whoever came across it, not to reverse the spell, maybe the Mane 6 would've been more cautious about it. 

Now let's say Twilight still wanted to reverse the spell, she could've done it in a way, that like in the S4 premiere , she could've put her own spin on it, and like later on in Part 2 of "Shadow Play", assumes she's figured out a way to bring the Pillars back without the Pony of Shadows, only to have it backfire, for example,  when it at first it seems to have work, and even Starswirl seems impressed, but as they start to leave Ponhenge along with the Pillars, that's when the lighting hits and the Pony of Shadows emerges, and as they all turn around and see this, that's when Twilight realizes her own spin on the spell failed.

Another thing is, if they wanted to involve Celestria and Luna a bit more, they could've had Starswirl teach them (back in the past) not opening or reverse any kind of spell that's meant to protect Equestria, and then have them pass it on to their future students.

One thing some fans have taken issue with, is Starlight being the voice of reason, and basically being the one that saw the bigger picture of the situation and realized that there was possibly more to this than what was being telegraphed. 

And the reason that was, was because she was using her past experiences as an antagonist and what she had learned as Twilight's Student to realize that they were only getting one side of the story and not the other, and when they finally did get that side of the story, the reaction of the Pillars and StarSwirl was one of, "Oops! We Fu**Yeah** upped!

Because they realized that hear their friend out on his reasoning for taking their items, and his reasoning, was because he wanted to help them in battle.  And Starlight's reaction towards when this revelation was made, was one of, "See, Stygin was ready to talk and explain his actions"

One other thing, is some fans may not like the fact, that it took towards the end of part 2 for her friends to stick up for Twilight, but my guess, is they love and respected Twilight enough, as to not confront Starswirl's berating of her, that was until he didn't even get a look see or consideration to her proposed plan/spell, and guess that was moment that the rest of the Mane 6 were basically "Enough of this berating crap of our friend!"

So overall, yes!, "Shadow Play" was/is possibly one of the best Season Finale's the Show has done.  But yet there are issue's here and there, that some members of the fanbase will take issue with, either positively or negatively.

But those are just my thoughts. What did you guys think of what I had to say? Take Care! 

Here I talk about this controversial episode from the past season
Thanks to TheWatchfulPony and Lighting Blss, and MLP-Silver Quill and Lily Peet for the inspiration to do this LIVE Talk
Comments are Welcomed

@bwrosas Okay, let me stop you right there. The very first thing you do after sitting down in front of a camera you turned on to do a video review on youtube is to vigorously clean out one ear with your finger and then look down at the contents as you're giving your introduction. I don't know what the second thing you do is, because that's my signal to stop watching. Holy prancing pegasi, that's bad. You've got to set some standards for yourself when you do these reviews, mate. Unless you're going to make it your whole schtick that you look like you just rolled out of bed to do a review -- and even then the ear-mining is going too far -- try to look like you spent some time in front of a mirror first. Comb your hair. Do a second take of a line if you muck it up the first time. People can see you.

• Like 1

I know that's not relevant to this topic and this comment can get reported and deleted if necessary but i would really like to see a S9 spoiler discussion thread here when S9 comes around. It could probably be the last season and it just deserves some hype.

This topic probably only exists because S7 had problems with leaked episodes and stuff. But anyway.

(Edit: S8 had the problem with the leaks, i'm sorry for not thinking twice before posting this)

Maybe i could make a similar topic about S9.

On 11/26/2018 at 5:04 AM, Friendship is Horses said:

Thank you to @PinkiePie97 for making this a general spoiler thread, as well as whoever gave them the go-ahead for it! Truly the site looks more still-alive already.

I don't have any spoilers to talk about tho. Are there even any S9 leaks yet?

I have heard from reliable inside sources (which I can't name, you know) that Season 9... will have ponies. And some not-ponies! I predict the fandom will generally react to it.

• Haha 1

Well, looks like the name of this topic got changed to include all of mlp now, not only S7.

Thanks @PinkiePie97.

When do we usually get the first informations about the newest Season?

February?

Whenever it is. I say. Let the hype begin. :)

Seriouly now. Some people say they Grogar will be the final villain of S9 but he will also play a role in the premiere and bring back Sombra to cause havok.

I have no idea who started this rumor. But hell, almost everyone seems to support it. I personally like it myself and would love to see such a scenario happen.

tumblr_mdcxsd5grz1ru5991o5_1280.jpg

If this scenario would get executed well is another question.

But let's not forget about Chrysalis. She MUST get a statisfying conclusion to her ark.

Yeah, i'm pretty hyped for S9.

Personally, I doubt it. The production staff knows that this will be the final season. It's going to be something involving Celestia and Twilight, and she is going to 'leave' so that Twilight can take her place. I wouldn't put it above them doing the same with luna and Starlight Glimmer.

@Metemponychosis More interesting ideas.

Except the Luna and Starlight Glimmer thing is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. I can draw some parrallels though, if i look at the Nightmare Moon story, where Luna did some shit, disappeared and got redeemed later and in S5 Starlight did some shit, disappeared and got redeemed too.

But are they really just gonna throw Chrysalis aside and waste a big chance with her and another one for oldgen and newgen fans to get a big final baddie with Grogar?

They could. In those departments their writing is sloppy. But it would be a damn shame.

Also. I said it before and gonna say it again. If Celestia would be the final villain somhow that would be weird but funny as hell.

42 minutes ago, leonbrony17 said:

Except the Luna and Starlight Glimmer thing is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. I can draw some parrallels though, if i look at the Nightmare Moon story, where Luna did some shit, disappeared and got redeemed later and in S5 Starlight did some shit, disappeared and got redeemed too.

Yes. I agree it would be a stretch, unless they prepare for it along the season. I guess we'll see. I hope not, personally.

44 minutes ago, leonbrony17 said:

But are they really just gonna throw Chrysalis aside and waste a big chance with her and another one for oldgen and newgen fans to get a big final baddie with Grogar?

This is another reason why I agree that the previous is a stretch. Chrysalis deserves something better.

46 minutes ago, leonbrony17 said:

Also. I said it before and gonna say it again. If Celestia would be the final villain somhow that would be weird but funny as hell.

Wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 5:44 PM, PeeWeePhoenix said:

More spoilers incoming.

What a trailer!

That brought me to fucking tears, man. :sadface:

If Grogars execution will be anywhere near as good as Tireks when he showed up in the S4 finale then i gonna be very happy.

I don't know much about Grogar except from the bits i've read about him on the mlp wikia page (pathethic, i know xD). I just think his design looks really cool and i'm just hopping on the hype train for him to be the final villain like almost everybody does. But if his reputation for his G1 appearance (which once again, i haven't seen) is so impressive that fans wanted him as the final villain for G4 for a pretty long time now, i just hope he can live up to it.