Sign in to follow this  
Shining Star

Favorite Season?

Just a new thing by me and the question is what is your favorite season and why? Obviously I have to go first. My favorite season is summer because of swimming, wearing shorts, the beauty and it's a fun season.

Related image

• Like 1

I wouldn’t have said this when I was younger (I would have picked spring or fall), but summer has become my favorite season. My skin does burn easily, but sunscreen will prevent that if I do spend extended periods of time outdoors before the evening. I also became quite accustomed to heat and humidity by working as an HVAC service technician in the past (I will get by without too much trouble as long as I am hydrated). In fact, I have been spending a lot of time this summer taking long walks outside on my days off from work (I mostly use the gym for lifting weights nowadays). Outside of the workplace and gym, I can also spend this entire season wearing minimalist sandals (where I live, it’s too cold at the beginning of spring and at the end of fall to do that).

Winter because i hate warm weather (little ironic since i'm an Australian) and i like the nights being longer. 

I also feel like winter is a more carefree season since i feel like in summer there is always the expectation of doing lots of social stuff like Christmas, going to the beach, big new years party ECT. and i'm not into doing lots of social stuff while dying in the heat. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 5:05 PM, DoodleDot said:

Winter because i hate warm weather (little ironic since i'm an Australian) and i like the nights being longer. 

I also feel like winter is a more carefree season since i feel like in summer there is always the expectation of doing lots of social stuff like Christmas, going to the beach, big new years party ECT. and i'm not into doing lots of social stuff while dying in the heat. 

I always thought Australia had the seasons messed up, like winter warm, summer cold etc. Like ultra weird!

I like summer! It's not dark like winter and it's even warm some of the time.

7 hours ago, Fintale said:

I always thought Australia had the seasons messed up, like winter warm, summer cold etc. Like ultra weird!

Kinda.

We have winter when you have Summer but we call it Winter not cold Summer.