Light Blade

Least Favorite MLP: FiM Episode

We all love MLP: FiM. We all love ponies. But some of us cannot deny that some of the episodes might not be as good as the others for one reason or another. If you have a soul to pour about this, then go ahead. Just be sure to not turn it into a pile of nonsensical primal hatred. Also, don't forget the explanation of your point ;)

• Like 2

I've got two:

Magical Mystery Cure - NO, not for the reason you might be thinking about. I didn't like that when Mane 5's cutie marks got switched, they just accepted the fact and went on with their days trying to do what they can't. Plus that song about their cutie marks dictating their destinies. I just have a strong prejudice against things like "prophecy", "chosen one", and "destiny". I mean, they could go and ask Twilie whatever happened, but no!

Everything else has been successfully negated by following episodes.

Bats! - this is the episode, in which stubbornness of AJ, supported by the rest except Fluttershy, resulted in not-solved issue + nearly losing Fluttershy. If I remember it correctly, there was a risk of Fluttershy staying in her vampire bat state. And that is because they refused to take her opinion in consideration. They even circled around her, chanting "stop the bats!" like she is a heretic that needs to be re-educated. What's up with that?! Twilie! How could YOU join that circle? I thought you would be smarter and higher than that.

• Like 2

They cant use Spike's character and most of her episodes are failed for me. One time are he good worker and minute later helpless fumbler. (Spike at your service, Just for sidekicks)

Otherwise some Spike's episodes are good too, my favorite are Inspiration Manifestation (Dont mix up: There was Rarity a brightest star, but main character was actually Spike.)

Im not hate Magical mystery cure, i understand that they had not enough money or time to expand that story to two episodes. But they formed it to capriccio and that went actually good.

• Like 1

For Whom the Sweetie Belle Tolls.

Feeling Pinkie Keen.

I love Pinkie Sense, but the slapstick felt flat and forced. And Sweetie Belle seemed jerkish to the point of being out of character in the other one. Not super keen on the idea of crazy Rarity. Suited for Success showed how she reacted to failure in front of high class ponies.

MMC is actually my favourite episode.

• Like 1

Rainbow Falls -- @$$-logic all around.

8 hours ago, Light Blade said:

Magical Mystery Cure - NO, not for the reason you might be thinking about. I didn't like that when Mane 5's cutie marks got switched, they just accepted the fact and went on with their days trying to do what they can't. Plus that song about their cutie marks dictating their destinies. I just have a strong prejudice against things like "prophecy", "chosen one", and "destiny". I mean, they could go and ask Twilie whatever happened, but no!

Everything else has been successfully negated by following episodes.

To be fair, I think there was a heavy implication that the Cutie Mark spell affected their memories as well.

• Like 1

Yeah, that was implied in a couple of ways. That's why the Apple Farm and the town deteriorates so fast, as their cutie marks had always been changed. In the original episode script, they were going to go more into timeline esque stuff.

28 pranks later. Usually, when I don't like a MLP episode I think "Well, at least my seven-year-old niece can enjoy this." But 28 pranks later is not the case. It is too stupid for bronies and too creepy for kids. It just fails on all levels.

• Like 3

My least favorite episode is "Ponyville Confidential".

I have many different episodes that I consider my "least favorites"

but, "Ponyville Confidential" is #1 on my "never going to watch again" list.

This episode painted the citizens of Ponyville as a bunch of hypocrites

& it was not something that was easy to watch.

The Crystalling. I don't know why, but the plot did not really resonate with me. Perhaps I was hoping for a big adventure like the other double-length episodes, and was a little disappointed. While I like Flurry Heart, and while I know that a story doesn't have to have massive, plot-inducing terror in order to be good, and while I appreciate its message of challenging Equestria's preconceived understanding of Alicorns...I just did not enjoy the plot itself very much (wish I could elaborate more, but I can't, at the moment). I would have considered Josh Haber the 2nd best writer after Meghan McCarthy, if it wasn't for that episode.  

• Like 1

You all know my answers

Newbie Dash does everything the opposite of what it's supposed to do.

"Oh hey, lets finally make Rainbow Dash a wonderbolt, how should we do it?"

"LET'S MAKE HER FORGET EVERYTHING SHE LEARNED WHILE WE SPEND THE ENTIRE EPISODE COMPLETELY HUMILIATING HER AT EVERY POSSIBLE MOMENT"

This trainwreck makes Rainbow Falls look like a masterpiece. Hell, I'm still convinced the writers deliberately wanted to piss people off

And don't get me started on 28 Pranks Later

Blatantly rehash one of the show's most hated episodes, but instead of addressing that episode's flaws, they doubled down on everything everyone hated, notably the blatant bastardization of the cast, not to mention, it was literally the last episode Rainbow Dash needed after Newbie Dash. The only reason this episode exists was because they wanted to jack off to the dying zombie hype train, and probably hoped people wouldn't notice the episode's blatant problems because "LOLZOMBEEZ"

• Like 1

Spike At Your Service, Princess Spike and Power Ponies are the only three episodes I can honestly say I really didn't like in the entire show, though that last one's a bit of a mixed bag.

There's just nothing that competes with how horribly written and out of character Spike is in those. I love the little dude, he may be the show's punching bag and generic boy character, but he's a real bro where it counts. He's dependable, resourceful and the kind of guy who's got the guts to step up to you, slap you in the face and tell you to get it together. He's also got to deal with two crazy magic users on a daily basis, so he gets mad props for that. 

Episodes that just turn him into a completely useless buffoon or treat him like trash really tick me off. He's treated like he can't do anything right, no matter how hard he tries.

I'm definitely sure the little guy's can tell a crowd of pushy nobles and ponies who can't solve their own damn problems to piss off, so his surrogate sister and pretty much mother figure can get some rest. Or even do simple Kitchen chores, which we have seen him do before.

Power Ponies is a mixed bag because while the episodes tries to pass him off as comic relief or a completely useless klutz for most of it, he does make a very nice self-vindicating revelation that he in fact isn't those things. 

Probably 28 Pranks Later. Even with some of the weaker or controversial episodes (e.g "Putting Your Hoof Down", "Newbie Dash"), I can see some potential in them. This one was kind of pointless.

• Like 1

I could, and probably will go on about others, but right now?

What About Discord.

Discord basically fucking gaslighted Twilight in a fairly sadistic manner, turned her friends against her and traumatized her for some bullshit lesson we had just seen LAST FUCKING EPISODE!! It finally and irrevocably destroyed any chance I had of accepting Discord as 'reformed'. And especially after Twilight's Kingdom Part Two and Make New Friends but Keep Discord, which gave me hope that it was possible, it was doubly sucktastic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RK_Striker_JK_5 said:

I could, and probably will go on about others, but right now?

What About Discord.

Discord basically fucking gaslighted Twilight in a fairly sadistic manner, turned her friends against her and traumatized her for some bullshit lesson we had just seen LAST FUCKING EPISODE!! It finally and irrevocably destroyed any chance I had of accepting Discord as 'reformed'. And especially after Twilight's Kingdom Part Two and Make New Friends but Keep Discord, which gave me hope that it was possible, it was doubly sucktastic.

IMO, it wasn't horrible; just boring as buck 2/3 of the time.

• Like 3