so i'm not new to the brony community, more of just out of touch and have put off a idea that iv had for years now. iv had a fan fiction that i worked on for a OC of mine. it feels super cliche to me but i don't want to just delete it because i spent a lot of time on it. and maybe the community may like it. giv me some comments if you would read it. il'l also work on it more if people really enjoy it, it brought me a bit of joy to do when i used to do it, and i feel it would still.

The vast majority of fanfictions are clichéd, filled with gritty OC with all sorts of overused ideas and the cartoon itself is full of the same problems. The thing is, clichés exist because these ideas are popular, so the secret is not in not using clichés, but in using them right. Finally, for every glove there is a hand: whatever it is that you wrote is going to appeal to a certain group that will like it. Just don't expect universal acclaim, be open to criticism and don't take things too personally.

TL;DR: post it. Write stuff that you want to write and don't worry too much about what others think. People that like what you like will be naturally drawn to you and you'll have found your niche.

• Like 2