Rough_Draft

Lets talk about Zecora

It has been irking me since DHX first began airing the new title sequence since Twilight's coronation. And each episode I'm only reminded of it. In the group photo, Zecora is there, yet only being a part of an episode when a brief exposition is needed and nothing more. I would love it if we could get more of a backstory on her. She is clearly resourceful, intelligent, and capable of taking charge when things go bad, (Queen Chrysalis' takeover in the second alternate present with Zecora leading a resistance, not to mention leading a final charge against the changeling Queen herself!) She has some very admirable qualities that could be explored. This also begs the question of why she traveled to ponyville to begin with?

I'm gonna be tapping into my own headcanon a little bit, so bear with me. (also note that I haven't read any fanfics on Zecora, so if I've stumbled onto yours its completely coincidental). There had to be a reason why such a figure left her community. I haven't read any of the comics, so I have no idea if this has already been looked into or not, but I've always figured her leaving her home for a secluded place in the middle of a dangerous forest on the other side of the world a bit... sketchy. A master of shaman, who's compassionate and always willing to help, doesn't seem like the type that would be banished from her home for wrong doing. The nice reason (not as exciting though) I'm thinking is that she just got bored and moved on. But that's no fun, and doesn't explain her living in isolation now.

I believe she's on the run. Zecora was the elder (or what title she went by) of her community before something dreadful happened at her home land and now someone is after her. She's had to flee from those aggressors and those she may have failed, possibly children, explaining the nursery rhymes sung in her native tongue when we first meet her. Using the cover of the Everfree forest and keeping interaction to a minimum, Zecora can still be the wise caring zebra we know her for, but be safe enough that if word got out, she could simply hide and wait for whatever's after her to blow over.

Tell me what you guys think. Do you like this idea? Is there a possibility of her character being fleshed out in season seven?

• Like 1

I would love to see more Zecora. Something tells me she'll make somewhat of an appearance in season 7, or maybe even in the movie. :D

I could be wrong, but I don't think she's hiding from anything. It might be that the Everfree provides the perfect environment for gathering materials for potions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spectral Bolt said:

It might be that the Everfree provides the perfect environment for gathering materials for potions.

Very true. I've always imagined the zebra homeland to be a rather arid place. Not sure of how all the exotic materials like plants and the such would do there. Her journey to the Everfree could very well be a research expedition. 

• Like 1

I'm under the impression she explores the world to find new solutions to problems. If any of you have seen the movie "Medicine Man" staring Sean Connery, it's kind of like that concept. In the movie, Sean Connery traveled the world in hopes of finding a cure for cancer which eventually leads him into an Amazonian Rain forest.

It makes a little sense too as she always seem to be experimenting with potions. It could be concluded to an extent that she is trying to produce new results with different mixtures and ingredients

The problem with this theory though is that when she is concluded, she will more then likely either head back to where she is native of or move onto another location and continue.

On 2/26/2017 at 3:20 PM, Kitt Stargazer said:

I'm under the impression she explores the world to find new solutions to problems. If any of you have seen the movie "Medicine Man" staring Sean Connery, it's kind of like that concept. In the movie, Sean Connery traveled the world in hopes of finding a cure for cancer which eventually leads him into an Amazonian Rain forest.

It makes a little sense too as she always seem to be experimenting with potions. It could be concluded to an extent that she is trying to produce new results with different mixtures and ingredients

The problem with this theory though is that when she is concluded, she will more then likely either head back to where she is native of or move onto another location and continue.

So many people having such happier ideas for her has made me realize that I've got a very grim-dark mind...:slymac:

That would be the only issue with me. As much as I like this theory, I don't really like the fact she might move on. That would be like saying goodbye to the silent friend of the group. Although It would be for a good reason I suppose.