RTC

So I found this rifle...

Back in May of 2015, I was sorting through metal junk in my garage when I found this old rifle buried under a pile of car parts. I didn't know how it got there or where it came from, but nevertheless, it was there.

LhO9xlI.jpg

F03bSK1.jpg 

These are the photos from after I gave it a quick cleaning. It was almost completely red with rust when I found it. It is a 22 LR Marlin model 70P "Papoose" When I picked it up and tested the action, I immediately noticed that there was no spring force pushing forward on the bolt. Turns out it was missing its firing pin, recoil spring guide rod, firing pin retainer, and the recoil spring itself. Along with this, part of the trigger assembly had broken off. Though it was a relatively simple fix, I didn't actually decide to fix it until later.

After the rifle had been leaning against my wall for over a year, I finally decided to clean it better and order the required parts from Numrich in December 2016. I tested the rifle shortly after and was pleased with the results; the rifle ran like it was brand new out of the box. The only thing is that I now have to zero the sights at my earliest possible convenience... the grouping was three inches low and slightly to the left when firing from only 20 feet away from the target.

I took this next photo earlier today. Yes, it is the same rifle:

MvAqKIy.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, baltoist said:

Meanwhile my pistol is still broken

If other magazines work in it, it must be a defective or broken magazine; otherwise it's probably the magazine catch within the pistol itself.

On 3/2/2017 at 6:58 PM, RTC said:

If other magazines work in it, it must be a defective or broken magazine; otherwise it's probably the magazine catch within the pistol itself.

That's what I told him too.