Steel The Bat

Chrysalis Is A Good Person

@Friendship is Horses

Alright Friendship is horses. I hope you are done with this case cuz im about to close it. Before i do that's not an ALT account. it's my best friend Psychicpie. The only ALT account i have is on steam and that's Ra Zarotach.

Anyways i saved the best piece of evidence for last. If chrysalis was really some evil person then she would feed off the love of all things. Not just the ponies. Why not feed off the animals? they can love too and have been shown to love others in the show so why not go for them? So if chrysalis was some evil villain like you claim then all love would be fair game but it isn't!

She targets the ponies specifically because something happened between them in the past which made chrysalis hate them and target them in specific! So to conclude all this, Chrysalis been a loving mother to her children and since she was small has wanted nothing but love her self but something in the past happened to make her hate the ponies which is most likely a result of heartbreak and hate! In the end she was betrayed by her very own family thanks to starlight and thorax and the others were happy about their little life ruining accomplishment.

Case closed.

Ladies and gentlemen, the mic has been dropped. Can't argue with that logic. Question, though: if you only hate one race specifically, can you still be considered a "good person"? Like if my parents were killed by a black guy and I started burning down churches with black congregations in response. While mass was going on. Because tragic backstory aside, that still seems kind of fucked up.

At any rate, I think we're beating a dead horse at this point. Which sounds like Chrysalis's cup of tea, if the horse was alive when she started. It's been fun! The prosecution rests. No further witnesses.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Friendship is Horses said:

Ladies and gentlemen, the mic has been dropped. Can't argue with that logic. Question, though: if you only hate one race specifically, can you still be considered a "good person"? Like if my parents were killed by a black guy and I started burning down churches with black congregations in response. While mass was going on. Because tragic backstory aside, that still seems kind of fucked up.

At any rate, I think we're beating a dead horse at this point. Which sounds like Chrysalis's cup of tea, if the horse was alive when she started. It's been fun! The prosecution rests. No further witnesses.

Okay Friendship is horses her want of revenge is justified towards the ponies. after what has to be at least 1000 years of hate and heartbreak so ofc she would target the pony race specifically. Your example is not the same. Because color is not a race. We are ALL humans.

All that really has been proven here is that Chrysalis has been a good person before and still can be, she just needs to forgive the ponies. Or at least stop being hostile towards them.

On 3/9/2017 at 4:48 AM, Friendship is Horses said:

Ha!

Anyway... this has been fun, but yes, this has run it's course. If someone is so passionate about a certain view, they're not going to look at the wider horizon. I had one more piece of evidence that would have but the proverbial nail in Chrysailis' coffin, but this argument has become a tedium now. What we all can agree on is that the deposed changeling queen has an EXTREMELY vague history, has motivations surrounding love (via attrition), and has done some things during the shows current run time that have negatively affected the vast populace. Case adjourned!

On 3/10/2017 at 1:50 AM, Rough_Draft said:

Ha!

Anyway... this has been fun, but yes, this has run it's course. If someone is so passionate about a certain view, they're not going to look at the wider horizon. I had one more piece of evidence that would have but the proverbial nail in Chrysailis' coffin, but this argument has become a tedium now. What we all can agree on is that the deposed changeling queen has an EXTREMELY vague history, has motivations surrounding love (via attrition), and has done some things during the shows current run time that have negatively affected the vast populace. Case adjourned!

@Rough_Draft @Friendship is Horses

You are right Rough Draft. You and Friendship is horses will never look at the bigger picture. all you 2 have done is prove you post and defend the ponies out of bias.

I make all the points because i am passionate. that doesn't make me blind to everything else but your guys bias does. All you 2 have done is basically repeat the same things over and over while i have at least tried to bring up strong points proving that she is a good person.

Lastly for the race thing how would you like it if an entire race gave you crap? wouldn't you have no love for them? wouldn't you hate them? Maybe the way chrysalis does things isn't the best way to go about it but after what has to be a life's worth of hate and heartbreak she has the right to want revenge on those who wronged her.

Also i think it's really childish you 2 love to make snide little comments about chrysalis or me.

On 3/11/2017 at 6:15 AM, Steel Crescent said:

Also i think it's really childish you 2 love to make snide little comments about chrysalis or me.

Using "childish" disparagingly on a fan forum for a children's television show

On 3/11/2017 at 10:15 PM, Steel Crescent said:

Maybe the way chrysalis does things isn't the best way to go about it but after what has to be a life's worth of hate and heartbreak she has the right to want revenge on those who wronged her.

Wow... That's the same logic a serial killer would give to a judge.

Judge: "Do you care to explain yourself for your deeds?"

Accused: "They picked on me when i was little. So I made them suffer."

Judge: "..."

• Like 1

@Rough_Draft @Steel Crescent Also.

It "has to be a life's worth of hate and heartbreak" for the Chrysalis is Justified theory to have any basis.

It does not have to be a life's worth of hate and heartbreak for her actions to make sense. You can't prove she's an innocent victim by assuming that the only possible way she could have tried to take over Equestria is if she was an innocent victim in the past. That's just begging the question. She doesn't have any sort of tragic backstory in show canon, that's something you're theorizing to rationalize her dickitry, Crescent. It's something you have to first prove before you go on to use it as an axiom to prove a grander theory about her being a nice person. Which wouldn't necessarily follow anyway, because "the ponies" are not a singular, malicious person, they are an entire race of different personalities and it's silly to assume that every one of them who was alive at the time teamed up to do an undefined mean thing to Chrysalis. She'd be generalizing, at best, and most of her targets wouldn't even know who she is.

It's fine to have a waifu. Putting a character on a pedestal is as old as fandoms themselves. You can totally sympathize with a villain, without having to prove that they're perfect and the entire world is wrong. Chryssi can be awesome and also an antagonist. Let's be real, though. She was designed to be the imposter who threatened Twilight's brother's wedding. That was the role that someone had to come up with a character to fill, and that fictional character was Queen Chrysalis. She was designed as a straightforward villain to create a season-ending conflict. Assuming everything is opposites is not the same as looking deeper into the situation; sometimes a thing is the same as what it appears to be, especially in a young children's show. I would hope that you, S.C., would still be able to idolize fair Chrysalis without warping the ideas of right and wrong until she comes out the hero pitted against the morally bankrupt scum that is absolutely everyone else.

*the prosecution fails to rest despite its declared intention, until the bailiff bonks the prosecution on the head with a large club and drags it out of the room.*

7 hours ago, Friendship is Horses said:

@Rough_Draft @Steel Crescent Also.

It "has to be a life's worth of hate and heartbreak" for the Chrysalis is Justified theory to have any basis.

It does not have to be a life's worth of hate and heartbreak for her actions to make sense. You can't prove she's an innocent victim by assuming that the only possible way she could have tried to take over Equestria is if she was an innocent victim in the past. That's just begging the question. She doesn't have any sort of tragic backstory in show canon, that's something you're theorizing to rationalize her dickitry, Crescent. It's something you have to first prove before you go on to use it as an axiom to prove a grander theory about her being a nice person. Which wouldn't necessarily follow anyway, because "the ponies" are not a singular, malicious person, they are an entire race of different personalities and it's silly to assume that every one of them who was alive at the time teamed up to do an undefined mean thing to Chrysalis. She'd be generalizing, at best, and most of her targets wouldn't even know who she is.

It's fine to have a waifu. Putting a character on a pedestal is as old as fandoms themselves. You can totally sympathize with a villain, without having to prove that they're perfect and the entire world is wrong. Chryssi can be awesome and also an antagonist. Let's be real, though. She was designed to be the imposter who threatened Twilight's brother's wedding. That was the role that someone had to come up with a character to fill, and that fictional character was Queen Chrysalis. She was designed as a straightforward villain to create a season-ending conflict. Assuming everything is opposites is not the same as looking deeper into the situation; sometimes a thing is the same as what it appears to be, especially in a young children's show. I would hope that you, S.C., would still be able to idolize fair Chrysalis without warping the ideas of right and wrong until she comes out the hero pitted against the morally bankrupt scum that is absolutely everyone else.

*the prosecution fails to rest despite its declared intention, until the bailiff bonks the prosecution on the head with a large club and drags it out of the room.*

Im not saying my theory is 100% true fact. It's just what i believe in. Also again with the snide little comment at the end.

Until we get some kind of backstory we can't know the truth. I presented my theory along with what i thought because it just made a lot of sense. Everyone has a reason for doing something Friendship is horses and my theory made the most sense to me at least, as to why she acts like she does. All im saying is something in the past had to have happened to make her like this.

2 hours ago, Steel Crescent said:

Also again with the snide little comment at the end.

Eeyup, just mocking myself for dragging this out even further after I said I was gonna stop. None of this is personal, you know. I would also like to think that Chrysalis is a three-dimensional character with an actual reason for acting like the stereotypical evil queen. I lean more towards the idea that she's insecure with abandonment issues, and thinks that if her changelings knew how to properly move on to the next step in their life cycle, they wouldn't need her anymore, and she'd be alone. And man, did that ever become a self-fulfilling prophecy. I don't think she knows how to give love freely herself; she's too afraid that no one actually likes her to open herself up. So she doubles down on the villain shtick and does the best she can for her children while still keeping them hungry and dependent on her.

But your thing could have happened, too. Having an event in her past that turned her into a changeling supremacist wouldn't necessarily make her a "good person", I don't think, but at that point the discussion becomes more subjective. Maybe Chrysalis grew up in a time when changelings tried to live harmlessly in pony society, but ponies were afraid of their abilities and tensions built up, there was rampant discrimination and lynchings until Celestia banished all of them into the desert, to preserve the peace if nothing else. So now Chrysalis thinks they're all monsters because she's seen the worst of ponykind firsthand, and thinks her people deserve all the love they selfishly give to each other but deny to anything that looks too scary or alien. Basically she thinks they're all massive hypocrites and is quite angry about it.

now if you'll excuse me, i've just gotten an idea for a fanfic

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Friendship is Horses said:

Eeyup, just mocking myself for dragging this out even further after I said I was gonna stop. None of this is personal, you know. I would also like to think that Chrysalis is a three-dimensional character with an actual reason for acting like the stereotypical evil queen. I lean more towards the idea that she's insecure with abandonment issues, and thinks that if her changelings knew how to properly move on to the next step in their life cycle, they wouldn't need her anymore, and she'd be alone. And man, did that ever become a self-fulfilling prophecy. I don't think she knows how to give love freely herself; she's too afraid that no one actually likes her to open herself up. So she doubles down on the villain shtick and does the best she can for her children while still keeping them hungry and dependent on her.

But your thing could have happened, too. Having an event in her past that turned her into a changeling supremacist wouldn't necessarily make her a "good person", I don't think, but at that point the discussion becomes more subjective. Maybe Chrysalis grew up in a time when changelings tried to live harmlessly in pony society, but ponies were afraid of their abilities and tensions built up, there was rampant discrimination and lynchings until Celestia banished all of them into the desert, to preserve the peace if nothing else. So now Chrysalis thinks they're all monsters because she's seen the worst of ponykind firsthand, and thinks her people deserve all the love they selfishly give to each other but deny to anything that looks too scary or alien. Basically she thinks they're all massive hypocrites and is quite angry about it.

now if you'll excuse me, i've just gotten an idea for a fanfic

And with our final posts i think that ends this discussion. All we can do is wait and see if they release said backstory on her.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 3:47 AM, Steel Crescent said:

And with our final posts i think that ends this discussion. All we can do is wait and see if they release said backstory on her.

Oh, I have no doubt that her backstory is gonna happen. It can't NOT happen. And after all the theories in this discussion flying around, I don't think I could wait! I have always been a sucker for sob-stories, so I am really hoping now that your ideas will eventually come to light. All of this has made me think of what Chrysalis could become even more than usual. And the end result in all instances are awesome! For her and the universe as a whole.

• Like 1

Actually there is one more thing i can bring up as evidence. Think back to the end of season 6. When chrysalis is about to accept Starlight's offer. Starlight talks about having a similar life to Chrysalis and that she's been down that road. That would mean at some point in chrysalis's life she felt betrayed and hurt by those she tried to care about. Also think about how chrysalis looks when accepting the offer. When she is "about" too chrysalis expression says  it all. She gives a look that says"i can't believe it! you want to be my friend?" but at the last moment smacks her hoof away to swear revenge. i think she says this and does this because in reality she is afraid of being hurt again and not because she actually wants revenge even though she will probably formulate some kind of plan.

23 minutes ago, Friendship is Horses said:

:eyeroll:

Let it go, man.

I was only bringing it up since it was something i thought of in the morning. just seemed like something that should be added.

Soo I am kinda curious but didn't comic bring up Changelings backstory. Or are we ignoring comic canon for the sake of this conversation. Not that I am complaining really as I haven't seen a comic.

I kinda would prefer for Chrysie to be evil because well we are running out of cool villains. I know I know it is an point spoken like million of times but really she is a cool villain and I am already sad she lost the Hive. I kinda do not want another Starlight Glimmer background where Chrysalis became evil over something petty. Sure morally gray would work if the last episode didn't cement her as evil.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cinder Vel said:

Soo I am kinda curious but didn't comic bring up Changelings backstory. Or are we ignoring comic canon for the sake of this conversation. Not that I am complaining really as I haven't seen a comic.

I kinda would prefer for Chrysie to be evil because well we are running out of cool villains. I know I know it is an point spoken like million of times but really she is a cool villain and I am already sad she lost the Hive. I kinda do not want another Starlight Glimmer background where Chrysalis became evil over something petty. Sure morally gray would work if the last episode didn't cement her as evil.  

to be fair i have never read the comics.

Just now, Steel Crescent said:

Hey don't worry. Neither have Show Writers. There is still hope you are right.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2017 at 9:31 PM, Steel Crescent said:

Actually there is one more thing i can bring up as evidence. Think back to the end of season 6. When chrysalis is about to accept Starlight's offer. Starlight talks about having a similar life to Chrysalis and that she's been down that road. That would mean at some point in chrysalis's life she felt betrayed and hurt by those she tried to care about. Also think about how chrysalis looks when accepting the offer. When she is "about" too chrysalis expression says  it all. She gives a look that says"i can't believe it! you want to be my friend?" but at the last moment smacks her hoof away to swear revenge. i think she says this and does this because in reality she is afraid of being hurt again and not because she actually wants revenge even though she will probably formulate some kind of plan.

I know we called an end to this, but I just have to add my two cents. The first point about Starlight is hard to believe. Starlight may be OP, but I doubt she is can read minds. I believe she said this on an assumption.

Your second point though, I'm gonna agree with you on this! It has been bugging (hehe) me why she made those expressions. Chrysalis may very well be afraid to change at that very sudden diversion in her life. And that is a perfect irony for her character: A changeling queen who is scared to change inside. It's got "feels" written all over it!

On 3/24/2017 at 9:15 AM, Steel Crescent said:

Me neither. And i'm sure if the show writers took the comics into canon, this whole conversation would possibly be for nothing...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rough_Draft said:

And i'm sure if the show writers took the comics into canon, this whole conversation would possibly be for nothing...

Isn't this to relieve the stress of daily life by talking about silly things? That's what I thought we were doing.

From what I remember of the comics, Chrysalis is still pretty evil there, too. I'm not fully up on the later issues, though.