Steel The Bat

Chrysalis Is A Good Person

I made a video in hopes to show everyone that Chrysalis no villain at all and is a good person who was just wronged.

I probably could have scrounged around for more evidence but i think what i have is solid enough.

• Like 2

I still have a personal theory on about her. If they use it or not it's up to them, but I feel there's more to her then just being a "Changeling".

I want to feel she's the Princess seen in this story though, who was placed under a love curse by the Prince. IT Sweetie Bell mentions that the curse ended up with a Kingdom falling, a dragon and chaos reigning due to them being unable to preform their duties. Maybe if something happen to him, and left her in a state where she still desired his love, but unable to either give nor receive love from him, to the point of desperation of relying to steal love from others, leading her to eventually become the Chrysalis we all know and love. Also would explain why she couldn't give love after last seasons Finally as well, because she can only "give" love to him.

Edited by Kitt Stargazer
adding additional context

5 hours ago, Kitt Stargazer said:

I still have a personal theory on about her. If they use it or not it's up to them, but I feel there's more to her then just being a "Changeling".

I want to feel she's the Princess seen in this story though, who was placed under a love curse by the Prince. IT Sweetie Bell mentions that the curse ended up with a Kingdom falling, a dragon and chaos reigning due to them being unable to preform their duties. Maybe if something happen to him, and left her in a state where she still desired his love, but unable to either give nor receive love from him, to the point of desperation of relying to steal love from others, leading her to eventually become the Chrysalis we all know and love. Also would explain why she couldn't give love after last seasons Finally as well, because she can only "give" love to him.

I like this idea. It's actually been explored quite a bit here - 

Very interesting and very feasible. Chrysalis will always be the proper villain I feel. But this gives her a very good damn reason for it all. 

20 hours ago, Kitt Stargazer said:

14 hours ago, Rough_Draft said:

I like this idea. It's actually been explored quite a bit here - 

Very interesting and very feasible. Chrysalis will always be the proper villain I feel. But this gives her a very good damn reason for it all. 

@Kitt Stargazer not gonna lie. that princess looks like Lyra and nothing like Chrysalis.

@Rough_Draft I feel as if you are fighting me because you want Chrysalis as a villain. Not because the theory is true or false but simply because you see chrysalis as evil when i know in my heart she is not. Im just sharing what i know and feel to be true.

5 hours ago, Steel Crescent said:

@Kitt Stargazer not gonna lie. that princess looks like Lyra and nothing like Chrysalis.

@Rough_Draft I feel as if you are fighting me because you want Chrysalis as a villain. Not because the theory is true or false but simply because you see chrysalis as evil when i know in my heart she is not. Im just sharing what i know and feel to be true.

There's a few possibility for that. If a lot of time has pass her appearance could have changed. But I could also think that if she were to start stealing love from others she felt embarrassed and used a spell to change her appearance so that no one would find out it was here. There's more then enough leeway to make it to work I believe.

Counterpoint: good people do not kidnap, imprison, or drain the love out of other people. Plus she's contemptuous, cruel, and has the general mannerisms of a Disney villain. Even total assholes can still care about their own flesh and blood (but screw everyone else).

Chrysalis status: NOT REDEEMED.

*locks and loads*

*Superman punches self for making this post*

1 hour ago, Friendship is Horses said:

Counterpoint: good people do not kidnap, imprison, or drain the love out of other people. Plus she's contemptuous, cruel, and has the general mannerisms of a Disney villain. Even total assholes can still care about their own flesh and blood (but screw everyone else).

Chrysalis status: NOT REDEEMED.

*locks and loads*

*Superman punches self for making this post*

In the past im sure she wanted nothing but love and she was treated like garbage. How is it fair that she was treated like crap in the past and not wanna say screw everyone else? The ponies completely ruined her life. The ponies are the true antagonists of the series. Ruining the life of a loving mother who wanted love in the past and deep down still probably does but not from them. How dare you call her cruel. she is not cruel because she is only doing what is best for her family. The ponies are cruel monsters for what they did to her leaving her with a fate worse than death.

People are parodying me now.

I've officially 'made it'

But it's no good unless it comes from the real deal.

So...............

*locks and loads*

*SUPERMAN PUNCHES @Steel Crescent*

P.S.: This is so wrong and so stupid it's laughable.

P.S.: This is so wrong and so stupid it's laughable.

You better not mean that this theory is stupid and laughable because you haven't said anything that proves this wrong. So i will assume you were just talking about your superman thing. It will make you look better for all of us, trust me.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Steel Crescent said:

I feel as if you are fighting me because you want Chrysalis as a villain. Not because the theory is true or false but simply because you see chrysalis as evil when i know in my heart she is not. Im just sharing what i know and feel to be true.

I have no doubt that Chrysalis loved her people to begin with, but I'm afraid that her being a villain is in her blood. And it has shown as her time seeking love became more desperate. Love, hate, heroism and villainy are all in the eyes of the beholder, but I mean really? She out right says that she was going to use her own people as storage vessels to return all the love they gathered to herself! Sooner or later one has to look at themselves and think if they're really doing the right thing not just for their own kind, but for the many. Her changelings followed her with the promise never being hungry again and because they had no other option. Did they not all immediately turn on her when they found an alternative?

5 hours ago, Rough_Draft said:

I have no doubt that Chrysalis loved her people to begin with, but I'm afraid that her being a villain is in her blood. And it has shown as her time seeking love became more desperate. Love, hate, heroism and villainy are all in the eyes of the beholder, but I mean really? She out right says that she was going to use her own people as storage vessels to return all the love they gathered to herself! Sooner or later one has to look at themselves and think if they're really doing the right thing not just for their own kind, but for the many. Her changelings followed her with the promise never being hungry again and because they had no other option. Did they not all immediately turn on her when they found an alternative?

They turned on her because they are traitors. And maybe when it came to having her children return the love to her maybe that's just how she feeds since going out in the open is too risky. I don't think she would take it all for herself or her changelings would have just abandoned her anyways seeing as they would starve to death which shoots what you say down.

They would have left to seek their own food so i have no doubt in my mind that she doesn't steal it for herself. Also they look pretty well fed to me judging by how they look in the show. So in conclusion they betrayed their very own mother because of Thorax and the ponies only serving to ruin the loving mothers life further.

23 hours ago, Psychicpie said:

You better not mean that this theory is stupid and laughable because you haven't said anything that proves this wrong. So i will assume you were just talking about your superman thing. It will make you look better for all of us, trust me.

I don't need to do anything because it's clearly stupid and laughable and of course I mean the 'theory' (it doesn't even deserve being called that)

@LostSanity

See, if you could put forwards specific points against the theory, citing points from within the video and using counterarguments from citing outside sources, then you could possibly convince people otherwise.

Me, personally, I need a three-prong thesis and a 20 page essay, preferably. The essay also needs to be peer reviewed and revised. Thanks. /s

I am a very open minded person, but I need logic and citations in order to sway my view.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

@LostSanity

See, if you could put forwards specific points against the theory, citing points from within the video and using counterarguments from citing outside sources, then you could possibly convince people otherwise.

Me, personally, I need a three-prong thesis and a 20 page essay, preferably. The essay also needs to be peer reviewed and revised. Thanks. /s

I am a very open minded person, but I need logic and citations in order to sway my view.

The evidence is there and is proof enough. Turning a blind eye to what is obvious is just wrong. Every point i bring up makes perfect sense if you analyze it.

When chrysalis sings the line this day is going to be perfect,The day she's been dreaming of since she was small she says it in a tone that shows she has wanted nothing but love since she was small. When it comes to the in my heart there is no room looking closely at said line shows that she used to love other but the ponies took it away from her. 

As for the Shining armor point Chrysalis says she doesn't love him but still does want to be with him which shows that deep down she still wants love even if she is doing what she is doing for feeding purposes. There are countless little subtle clues that are peppered throughout her episodes that show that she has been a loving mother who wants love deep down but has hate for the ponies for treating her poorly in the past. She has been hurt and betrayed throughout her life when all she ever wanted was love and affection. 

Lastly there isn't enough evidence and clues to make that outrageous request of a 20 page essay. If everyone here took a minute and actually thought about this stuff you would see that it has to be true. She was betrayed by her  very own family too when all she did was love them and try her best to feed them and as i pointed out in the video alt way of feeding or not they had a chance to explain to her but they never do. So you all tell me how it's fair you keep insulting her by calling her a bug and villain while refusing to look at the truth that me and the show clearly shows you. Thank you for reading and the next time you see poor chrysalis as some evil person take a minute and actually think about what's going on and peek behind the curtain to see the truth.

13 hours ago, LostSanity said:

I don't need to do anything because it's clearly stupid and laughable and of course I mean the 'theory' (it doesn't even deserve being called that)

Thank you for adding such developped and carefully thought argument to the discussion.

• Like 4

Right, okay, let's all take a refresher on this song. Just so we're on the same page. It's one of my favorites.

This is not the attitude of a wronged, embittered person. She's the mayor of Smug City. Half the time she's smiling with angry eyebrows. That's literally the "evil" face. She looks and sounds so utterly sinister that I can't believe we're having this discussion at all, but you know what? It's the hiatus and there's absolutely nothing else going on, so sure, let's entertain this theory for a bit.

One point that @Steel Crescent keeps coming back to is that Chrysalis has been deeply wronged in the past by "the ponies", collectively, but there's zero evidence for this. You can go with that assumption if you want but it's purely headcanon until proven otherwise. The show hasn't given her a backstory yet. As far as we see, she comes out of nowhere for Shining's wedding in order to steal him away from the pony who loves him and suck him dry of good vibes, or however the changelings work.

What else?

As for the Shining armor point Chrysalis says she doesn't love him but still does want to be with him which shows that deep down she still wants love even if she is doing what she is doing for feeding purposes

She specifically says she wants him to be hers. As a possession, a symbolic victory over ponykind. If she wanted to "be with him", why the line "Vows? I'll be lying if I say, that through any kind of weather I'd want us to be together, the truth is I don't care for him at alllllll"?

She has been hurt and betrayed throughout her life when all she ever wanted was love and affection.

Citation needed.

You can postulate reasons why she acts the way she does, blame society, feel sympathy for her, but it's silly to deny that she's a scheming manipulator or a villain. It's the role she was designed for. It's what she does. She schemes and plots to take over Equestria for the glory of her hive. She probably does love her kids, she clearly hates ponies, and it's all right to personally feel like there's some tragic story in her past that would justify that, but I don't buy that she was ever abused by the pony race in general, and there's no proof it happened, just speculation based on a strong sympathy for the character.

Also, Nova was asking LostSanity to provide evidence for his counterargument against your point, Crescent, not calling you out. You did fine. You made two videos to back up your theory! As far as there's any evidence that Chrysalis isn't a total knob, I bet you found it.

@Friendship is Horses

My explanation is just as good as yours. you have no way to prove me wrong either. The reason she acts the way she does towards the ponies has to be out of hate towards them due to past transgressions. you see this and deny that simple fact. As for the line you pointed out she has no love for pony kind but the fact that she goes through all this trouble to take him SHOWS that deep down she still does want someone in her life which again you fail to see. You are looking at Chrysalis at face value and refusing to look into this deeper. 

She is not a villain because she does what needs to be done for her children to survive. Her motives for wanting to take over equestria has to be because she was wronged by ponies in the past. You have ZERO evidence to prove me wrong on this. why else would she have so much hate for a race like the ponies unless something DID happen between the 2 races in the past. So in the end until a backstory is shown both explanations are as good as any others unless they were purposely poorly written.

oh and one more thing. You most likely let the immediate "goodness" of the ponies cloud your judgement on chrysalis because they appear good while that may not be the case immediately for chrysalis based on such a petty little insult you made. You can make all the points you want and i will defend her until the very end of time because i know in my heart she isn't evil.

14 minutes ago, Steel Crescent said:

Her motives for wanting to take over equestria has to be because she was wronged by ponies in the past. You have ZERO evidence to prove me wrong on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_burden_of_proof

TL;DR you're challenging the prevailing notion, therefore it's up to you to prove your theory

Not that she couldn't have been the victim of a grave injustice, but look at it the other way. If I'm going to start a topic about how Fluttershy has been behind every attack on Equestria so far, then argue that I'm right because you can't prove she *didn't*, like, lure the cerberus away from guarding Tirek with her ability to talk to animals, or travel into the mountains and give Starlight the idea to go back in time and disrupt Dash's rainboom, that's not going to hold up. Fluttershy's nice, and why would she do any of that? If "the ponies" did some unknown, terrible thing to Chrysalis in the past, wouldn't she have brought it up at some point? Like when the changelings were swarming Canterlot, maybe, something like "now you'll all pay for exiling me to the desert"? She could have worked it into her song.

42 minutes ago, Steel Crescent said:

You are looking at Chrysalis at face value and refusing to look into this deeper.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck... it's probably a swan that was cast out of swan society for being small and duckish, and now it's sad because all it wanted was to be loved. But they'll pay. They'll all pay. It's going to rally some ducks together and WREAK VENGEANCE UPON THEIR ENTIRE RACE.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Friendship is Horses said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_burden_of_proof

TL;DR you're challenging the prevailing notion, therefore it's up to you to prove your theory

Not that she couldn't have been the victim of a grave injustice, but look at it the other way. If I'm going to start a topic about how Fluttershy has been behind every attack on Equestria so far, then argue that I'm right because you can't prove she *didn't*, like, lure the cerberus away from guarding Tirek with her ability to talk to animals, or travel into the mountains and give Starlight the idea to go back in time and disrupt Dash's rainboom, that's not going to hold up. Fluttershy's nice, and why would she do any of that? If "the ponies" did some unknown, terrible thing to Chrysalis in the past, wouldn't she have brought it up at some point? Like when the changelings were swarming Canterlot, maybe, something like "now you'll all pay for exiling me to the desert"? She could have worked it into her song.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck... it's probably a swan that was cast out of swan society for being small and duckish, and now it's sad because all it wanted was to be loved. But they'll pay. They'll all pay. It's going to rally some ducks together and WREAK VENGEANCE UPON THEIR ENTIRE RACE.

She was obviously ment to seem like a villain because you see everything in the ponies perspective because they are supposed to be the good guys. But so were nightmare moon but she was actually nice and only hurt by her sisters ignorance, so it wouldn't be out of the question that hasbro would do about the same to chrysalis. Also if you want proof of that chrysalis always just wanted to be loved, we have to once again look at the song you posted, were chrysalis says she dreamed of it since she was small. It's true that she doesn't care about shining armor but she still likes his love and it seemed on her voice of when she said she dreamed of such a day, that she wanted it for more than just feeding purposes.

• Like 2

As much as I like fanfics where this is indeed the case, I'm forced to admit that the only time I've ever seen the official Chrysalis being a good person... was during Mirror!Chrysalis (i.e., a completely different character)'s cameo in the Reflections comics.

@Psychicpie Who is this new forum member who looks like @Steel Crescent , but with Groucho Marx glasses on? What happened to Steel Crescent? There is certainly now a roaring tide of support for the Virtuous Bug Queen interpretation of the show.

The effort spent on switching accounts is kinda wasted if you're going to just be the same person anyway. Alter egos are for exploring methods of interaction that you'd be afraid to try as yourself. If you're going to defend your theory as a different person, get creative with it! Be a raging asshole, or talk all fancy-like, or something. Mix up your typing patterns. If one of you says something idiosyncratic like "for feeding purposes", don't have the other one say that also.

I'm drunk as a skunk and don't really know how to end this post, so, uh, smokebomb! I run away!