• Announcements

• Kaethela

E-mail validation now required for new signups   05/11/2017

In an effort to stave off the spambot menace, we've turned on e-mail validation for new registrations. If you are a new user attempting to sign up and are having issues creating an account, please send an e-mail to kaethela@equestriadaily.com and we'll get you sorted out.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vin

What game servers would you like to see/play?

13 posts in this topic

Verdun Squad

First Canterlot Cavalry is a go-go... ?

Modded Minecraft I would enjoy, but could be resource intensive.

Vanilla Minecraft would require less resources, but would attract fewer players.

9 hours ago, AaronMk said:

Verdun Squad

First Canterlot Cavalry is a go-go... ?

We're looking for actual game servers to host, not starting a small crew / clan. You can do that on your own in the LFG section of Gaming.

6 hours ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

Modded Minecraft I would enjoy, but could be resource intensive.

Vanilla Minecraft would require less resources, but would attract fewer players.

The Minecraft server referenced in that poll is likely the one Vin's been working on for a while. It'll be Vanilla, but with a boat-load of plugins for various functionality, so don't expect something akin to Tekkit, Hexxit or Voltz. Believe me I'd be all over a server with one of those, though if there's actual interest one could be made.

I would be working on my own MC server, but the initial bunch of people I invited to set up early cities either never showed up, or stopped showing up because no one was ever there.

I could easily do Tekkit, FTB, etc. If I had more RAM -3-

Thoooough I guess if a very few people want a Modded MC Server, I can set up temporary ones on my machine. Later on in the future if Modded MC gets more popularity, then I can integrate it when the time comes.

2 people like this

I'd be fine with something like FTB Lite, it doesn't have to be something huge like FTB Infinite.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

I'd be fine with something like FTB Lite, it doesn't have to be something huge like FTB Infinite.

Yeh, just remember, I only have 8GB of RAM to work with, that includes: Minecraft, TF2, Gmod so far.

Ah, I can see how that would be an issue.

In that case just make a Bukkit Vanilla server.

3 hours ago, Vin said:

Yeh, just remember, I only have 8GB of RAM to work with, that includes: Minecraft, TF2, Gmod so far.

Yeah that's going to be woefully insufficient, especially for the only FTB pack, FTB Beyond, that's actually updated to 1.10.2

I recently tried to get it working and the thing was hogging all the ram you allocate for it. Gave the damn thing 5Gb and it still managed to constantly run out of RAM before it even loaded up the world. 

3 hours ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

I support FTB Lite. And if that doesn't work, a custom modpack is always an option. Taking an existing FTB pack and stripping out the heavy mods that don't really add anything useful is also something you can do. 

weeeell, its 8GB RAM, with 8GB V-Cache RAM, so technically 16GB total, I could try out FTB Beyond, or Ultimate, and see if it launches