I'm surprised I'm the only one who has commented. This is really good artwork, I find people who can draw more than one specific type of art tend to be good at a lot more. I know quite a few who can only draw Humans and others who can only draw Ponies. So this is definitely great talent. :toki:

1 hour ago, Toki Zensekai said:

I'm surprised I'm the only one who has commented. This is really good artwork, I find people who can draw more than one specific type of art tend to be good at a lot more. I know quite a few who can only draw Humans and others who can only draw Ponies. So this is definitely great talent. :toki:

thanks ^_^ been trying to be as varied as possible, think its cause of the lack of finished pieces mostly, been doing nothing but sketches for a while lol, need to buckle down and do some finished work eventually.

just realized I've been holding my pen/pencil wrong this entire time, pretty much making a fist and with the pen tucked between my thumb and index finger, instead of this tri-pod grip, or something or other. was watching a artist I follow draw and noticed how he holds his pen, guess its suppose to give a wider and smoother range of motions, going to take a hell of a long time to get used to this, but anything to improve, am I right? xD

got a little bit more practice in tonight, did my favorite pony, Spitfire! only problem I had was deciding how to draw her front view hair lol, but getting closer to how I want to draw front view ponies.

DPsiiuJUMAE_bqn.jpg

I find that the word "Lightning" has been used a lot in OC Names, so I've pushed the vote to Windstorm, which seems to be winning now. :P

5 hours ago, Toki Zensekai said:

I find that the word "Lightning" has been used a lot in OC Names, so I've pushed the vote to Windstorm, which seems to be winning now. :P

Ya Lightning is often used, either way, both seem like good names, oh! I haven't worked on your request today, sorry about that, been doing nothing but practicing lol 

and here is what digital practice I got done. Still unsure of the highlight color I want for his hair. I really need to draw more full ponies more often, think my skills are lob-siding, just drawing heads.

DPxSYqZUMAAT0gm.jpg

On 11/27/2017 at 8:47 PM, JustinGreeneArt said:

just realized I've been holding my pen/pencil wrong this entire time, pretty much making a fist and with the pen tucked between my thumb and index finger, instead of this tri-pod grip, or something or other. was watching a artist I follow draw and noticed how he holds his pen, guess its suppose to give a wider and smoother range of motions, going to take a hell of a long time to get used to this, but anything to improve, am I right? xD

I grew up doing that too! I knew about the tri-pod grip because they tried to teach me to hold a pencil that way in second grade, but I went back to the Troglodyte Method as soon as they stopped paying attention. Then, like, three years into learning to draw as an adult, I figured I should get into the habit of doing it properly. It takes less time to get used to than you'd think. You're really only changing the position of your least important three fingers.

At least, I *hope* your middle finger is in the bottom three, but maybe you're a taxi driver in New York or something. I don't know your life!

3 hours ago, Friendship is Horses said:

I grew up doing that too! I knew about the tri-pod grip because they tried to teach me to hold a pencil that way in second grade, but I went back to the Troglodyte Method as soon as they stopped paying attention. Then, like, three years into learning to draw as an adult, I figured I should get into the habit of doing it properly. It takes less time to get used to than you'd think. You're really only changing the position of your least important three fingers.

At least, I *hope* your middle finger is in the bottom three, but maybe you're a taxi driver in New York or something. I don't know your life!

xD nope all five fingers lol, it is a bit of a pain to adjust to, but pretty sure it will help in the long run to learn to do it this way, get better control over my lines.

got paint tool sai and did some testing of brushes, liking the ink and sketch brushes, still need to find some coloring brushes that I like, and shading stuff.

before brush testing though did wip out a quick Windstorm.

DP2u5hcVAAAHGhH.jpg

then came testing!

DP3JUjoV4AESyKc.jpg