Kaethela

Avatars are now squares! Tell us your thoughts!

SQUARES?!  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• YEAH I LOVE SQUARES
    • SQUARES SUCK BRING BACK CIRCLES

Why not have an option in user settings to be able to use both?

Unless we can find a plugin to make this happen, that's not possible. The setting is theme-wide. I could make a copy of the theme and literally have one for circles and one for squares and let people pick whichever one they please, but that seems rather extreme.

Multiple themes are never a bad option, though. Just for aesthetics, of course. And certainly not high on the priority list. 

Yeah, it would literally be the exact same theme just with circle avatars. I can do it, of course, but I have other more pressing issues to work on first.

Couldn't users just make round avatars with transparency to upload into the squares?

They could, but the square outline might bother some people.

Couldn't users just make round avatars with transparency to upload into the squares?

That's asking people to put an awful lot of effort into their avatars when it would be much simpler to just bitch at me until I fix it for them.

• Like 2

Looks like squares are overwhelmingly more popular. I'll look into adding a secondary theme for you weirdos who want the circles back, but it's not terribly high on the priority list right now.

• Like 1

Ooooooh. You've redecorated. 

I don't like it. 

aMd01Qn.jpg

I miss the round things. 

(I don't really care, simply couldn't resist the joke.)

Edited by Five Iron
  • Like 1

Now that the avatars are squares, allow larger file sizes so photoshopping down 4k images isn't a nightmare! :hurrr:

Seriously though... 0.05MB? 50KB? The server can't really be THAAAT weak.. Can it..?

On 9/6/2016 at 4:13 AM, Vin said:

Now that the avatars are squares, allow larger file sizes so photoshopping down 4k images isn't a nightmare! :hurrr:

Seriously though... 0.05MB? 50KB? The server can't really be THAAAT weak.. Can it..?

This is one of those things that's set per usergroup, and I assure you that it should not be set that low. I'll run through the usergroup settings and make sure the limits are more reasonable.

• Like 1

Forget what shape the PFP is; what I wanna know is how people keep putting big [REDACTED] pictures in their signatures, when I can't even get my Exophase Gamercard in there... and people are putting images that are WAAAAAAAYYY bigger, no problem. Just... how?! Someone explain to me this sorcery...

Um... please? If you're not too busy, that is...:flutterdear:

On 6/19/2017 at 6:40 AM, Midnight Moon said:

Forget what shape the PFP is; what I wanna know is how people keep putting big [REDACTED] pictures in their signatures, when I can't even get my Exophase Gamercard in there... and people are putting images that are WAAAAAAAYYY bigger, no problem. Just... how?! Someone explain to me this sorcery...

Um... please? If you're not too busy, that is...:flutterdear:

The website is rigged and the rules don't make sense, best just accept it :awesomecheer:

3 hours ago, TheDevBin said:

The website is rigged and the rules don't make sense, best just accept it :awesomecheer:

Ugh, I finally had to host my YT Channel Art on a 3rd Party site to force them to stop removing it, and I had specifically edited it down to their stupidly small size limit... I'm still kinda pissed, though. Someone needs to unify the rules across the board