deathmetalbr0ny

I have a story I'm working on but I can't think of names for my two leads.

Recommended Posts

I've been feeling more creative recently and started writing a story. I have the idea down,the characters,tone but for the life of me I can't think of names. If anyone can help it would really be appreciated, here is an image of the characters gDO74f6.jpg

They are best friends who grew up together. His talent is making peace among people fighting and getting people to rally to his causes.Hers is skills with swords and general fighting ability. The story starts with them leaving there village going to there favorite place to be together, but that night the entire place is destroyed. Eventually the escape and plan to take back what was there's but he descends into madness not only wanting to take back his home but eventually world conquest because of his abilities he begins to believe his word is absolute justice, she follows him because she truly does believe in his ideals but realizes that if left unchecked he would cause more harm than good, she also believes that she can have him come back to the sweet and fair colt he once was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. Given the colt's special talent/cutie mark and the path he's going down, I think Regal Zeal could fit.

 

What's the filly's special talent? Knowing that might give me a decent idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WonkyStallion said:

Hmm. Given the colt's special talent/cutie mark and the path he's going down, I think Regal Zeal could fit.

 

What's the filly's special talent? Knowing that might give me a decent idea.

Her special talents are her sword and battle skills in general. She's kind like brienne to renly if you know game of thrones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cjhoward said:

Her special talents are her sword and battle skills in general. She's kind like brienne to renly if you know game of thrones.

I know next to nothing about Game of Thrones. ^_^; All I can think of is Gleaming Sword, but that seems to easy a name to me. Take if you want, but I think given time I could come up with a better name.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WonkyStallion said:

I know next to nothing about Game of Thrones. ^_^; All I can think of is Gleaming Sword, but that seems to easy a name to me. Take if you want, but I think given time I could come up with a better name.

I do really like the name regal zeal, I'll probably use that. I don't know much about game of thrones either or I'm not as into it as a lot of people are lol, only read the first 2 books and seen the first 2 seasons. As for her name I was thinking something like Loyal Blade but I felt that was to simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Friendship is Horses said:

Does she hold the sword in her mouth, or strap it to one of her forelegs?

On her legs. I was thinking about how that would look either way when I made them and I had to go with the other because I couldn't picture a fight scene the other waywe_stand_as_rulers_by_gundamlolibrony-db2c4fg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the mare, Shining Dawn, for she is the shining light who always leads "Regal Zeal" back to the path of good whenever he strays. Shining can also be referred to her blade, it shines like a true sword of justice. And dawn because I was thinking of this sentence; "Remember that when you are lost in the dark, the dawn will always arrive to light your path"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Azalea Floria said:

For the mare, Shining Dawn, for she is the shining light who always leads "Regal Zeal" back to the path of good whenever he strays. Shining can also be referred to her blade, it shines like a true sword of justice. And dawn because I was thinking of this sentence; "Remember that when you are lost in the dark, the dawn will always arrive to light your path"

I like the sound of that I'll consider using it, is that quote from something in particular or is it one that has many variations? I remember Harvey Dent saying "The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, cjhoward said:

I like the sound of that I'll consider using it, is that quote from something in particular or is it one that has many variations? I remember Harvey Dent saying "The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming."

Not sure about that, I just used my usual 'trick' for naming ponies back when I used to own uh...over 22 OCs, For her I focused on her role as a character, and her relationship toward the stallion and just concluded that she might be sort of like his "guardian angel" as she tries to steer him towards the path of good rather than evil. The phrase just came to me and then I try to describe it into a name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sword Mare: ____ Parry (Timely, Swift, Deft, etc.), Destiny Blade, Unity, Aegis/___ Aegis, Dancing Steel, Brittany

Crownbutt: Winding Path, Brightstar/Bright Star, Spencer, Crownbutt, Silver Tongue, Peacekeeper/Peacemaker, Parley, Red, Slippery Slope(s)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Azalea Floria said:

For the mare, Shining Dawn, for she is the shining light who always leads "Regal Zeal" back to the path of good whenever he strays. Shining can also be referred to her blade, it shines like a true sword of justice. And dawn because I was thinking of this sentence; "Remember that when you are lost in the dark, the dawn will always arrive to light your path"

I fold, that's a really good one! XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Azalea Floria said:

Not sure about that, I just used my usual 'trick' for naming ponies back when I used to own uh...over 22 OCs, For her I focused on her role as a character, and her relationship toward the stallion and just concluded that she might be sort of like his "guardian angel" as she tries to steer him towards the path of good rather than evil. The phrase just came to me and then I try to describe it into a name.

22 OC's :o how could you manage to keep up with all of that lol? Guardian angel would be an accurate statement for the character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cjhoward said:

22 OC's :o how could you manage to keep up with all of that lol? Guardian angel would be an accurate statement for the character.

Used to have, this was back when I was in high school and had a more...."colorful and active" imagination, but then adulthood hit (I'm 19 turning 20 in a month) and so all of them are in the "memory graveyard" of my mind and the only one I keep is Azalea.

 

Edit: it was also when I didn't have my own income to actually get people to draw my OCs for me. But since I kinda hated the OC creator back then I did recolors instead. (Amateur ones).

 

Take a gander if you like http://imgur.com/a/2wfd9

 

All that remains of them are these pictures and their names. I don't remember them as a character anymore, let alone their personalities~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Azalea Floria said:

Used to have, this was back when I was in high school and had a more...."colorful and active" imagination, but then adulthood hit (I'm 19 turning 20 in a month) and so all of them are in the "memory graveyard" of my mind and the only one I keep is Azalea.

 

Edit: it was also when I didn't have my own income to actually get people to draw my OCs for me. But since I kinda hated the OC creator back then I did recolors instead. (Amateur ones).

 

Take a gander if you like http://imgur.com/a/2wfd9

 

All that remains of them are these pictures and their names. I don't remember them as a character anymore, let alone their personalities~

 

Yeah high school was a fun time for me too in terms of imagination, back when I had a a group of friends who were into the show and we would just throw ideas around whether it was our own characters or episodes we loved or hated, its hard to believe its been 3 years already since graduation, and Ill be turning 21 in 3 months.

I never did get anyone to draw a character for me, now that I have a job I should probably look into that,

Don't know why you say there amateur I think they look pretty good. Which character is that a recolor of who's wearing the green hat and scarf?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, cjhoward said:

Yeah high school was a fun time for me too in terms of imagination, back when I had a a group of friends who were into the show and we would just throw ideas around whether it was our own characters or episodes we loved or hated, its hard to believe its been 3 years already since graduation, and Ill be turning 21 in 3 months.

I never did get anyone to draw a character for me, now that I have a job I should probably look into that,

Don't know why you say there amateur I think they look pretty good. Which character is that a recolor of who's wearing the green hat and scarf?   

Its Roseluck, my favorite background pony. ...Well she was just background back then anyway, now she seems to be getting more attention

 

http://krusiu42.deviantart.com/art/Dressed-warmly-359626127

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now