SkyChaser

What is the best first episode?

So, what is the best first episode? Meaning, suppose you were going to introduce a friend to modern My Little Pony. You want them to like it. What would be the best episode to show them?

I'm sure a lot of ponies would just say "The pilot episode." Actually, I don't think the pilot episode is the best first episode to watch. I think there might be other episodes made later that can give a better first impression.

What do you think?

• Like 1

Really difficult. when I started watch mlp to see why adults like it, I was not impressed for the 5 first episodes from S1.

The first episode who make me think "OK, it's embarrassing, but I want to continue" is the 6th episode with Trixie, I found the ursa so cool. Probably the episode I'll advise to watch to a friend.

Or maybe a funny episode with discord. First episode of the S2 (The return of harmony) are really cool !

But I think most of people can't like the show with only 1 episode (including me). You can't understand the deep chara design.

For me probably Fall Weather Friends, I think anyone could appreciate Dash and Applejack's competitive antics, plus Pinkies constant ramblings throughout the race are some of the funniest things she says.

If I were to get others started on this show, it would be The Cutie Map part 1. It's got all the main six and a brief look into their personalities, plenty of funny moments, an interesting plot, and leaves the viewer on a cliff hanger, encouraging them to keep watching. 

Personally, I was hooked by S1E02 "Friendship is Magic."

But for most people, I would say S1E06 "Boast Busters" Wait. Is that a Ghostbusters reference?!

• Like 1

I was hooked from the Pilot episode, too.

I guess that I would choose a first episode based on what kind of shows they like. 

Like Star Trek? The Return of Harmony

Like Disney classics? A Canterlot Wedding

Like Mysteries?: Rarity Investigates

Etc.

• Like 1

Not the last of season 4 XD

Yeah, i believe the pilot is pretty good to get into it already, but things that got me interested were clips from Return of harmony, the great galloping gala and the pilot actually. PMVs and such, you know.

So, i believe Return of Harmony is a great choice because Discord is just so the best. Or the last of season 6. Yeah.

But you gotta be careful with that, because if you show them the too-great highlight, then they're gonna expect too much of the series.

• Like 1

I'd honestly go with the Season 1 premiere. The entire season had a lot of charm and the opener was one of the best, Lauren really knows how to make a wonderful introduction to the world and characters.

The moment I got shivers when Twilight realized what the elements really were in Pt.2 was the moment I knew I was hooked.

• Like 2