Sign in to follow this  
ABronyAccount

100 Word Pony Flash Fic

Fetlock Hardboil had been in tighter spots before, or so he told himself. Yet even the swashbuckling rustic's steely nerves jolted when he saw the well-scrubbed face of his tormentor reveal itself from the shadows.
"Surprised to see me?" There was venom in the melodically delivered taunt. Both voice and visage were familiar, but twisted by a powerful hatred Fetlock had rarely come up against in all his days. They belonged to none other than the urbane dame who'd darkened his office as the client on this case.
"Reckon I am... Ms. Natalie Drest."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Write a quick fic in 100 words or less! Be as dramatic/silly/tear-jerking/flippant/floppant/scary as you want. Just keep it short!

Bonus points for Zecora-ting it up with some rhymes! (Points will not be tabulated and there is no prize other than our humble kudos and your own smug satisfaction). 

Here's an Online Wordcountinator if you need one!

..As she struck a pose passing the finish line in first place, everypony knew that she was unlike any other. Her mane flowed in the gentle crisp autumn breeze, her tail fluttered with each graceful gallop, she was dashing, daring, rare and uniquely adorable yet still retained a comforting level of stoicism. As she stood at the podium to give her acceptance speech onlooking ponies were starstruck and in awe at her tasteful and dignified demeanour. She was who ponyville made her to be. She possessed the great, powerful, showstopping ability of noneother than... The wonderful, the beautiful... Applejack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fun little writing exercise :awesomecheer:

ZfZBeKV.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

Bonus points for Zecora-ting it up with some rhymes!

One little pony, born and raised,
in Canterlot is where he spent most of his days.
Chilling out, studying, making some friends,
Helping them out of their friendship bends.
When a couple of changlings were up to no good,
Started making trouble in the neighborhood.
Got in one little rescue and Celestia saw the thrill,
she said "yo moving with yo aunty and uncle in ponyville"

*cue music*

mlp_vector__the_fresh_prince_of_bel_air_

~~~~~~~

It's a bit shorter but writing exercises :derpydance:

• Like 2

"What happened?" Twilight Sparkle looked in horror at the blackened remains of the shelf.

Spike stood across the room, clutching a broom tightly. He was almost backed into the wall, as if trying to distance himself from the carnage. "I-I don't know!" he said. "I was sweeping the floor--and there was a lot of dust--and then I felt a tickle in my nose, and, and..." He hung his head. "I'm sorry, Twilight."

Twilight walked slowly to the place where her books had once stood. She allowed herself a moment to mourn. "It's okay," she said, sighing. "Books can be replaced."

That word counter's a nifty lil' tool.

• Like 1

It's one of my favorite inators!

Fugitive maple leaves fluttered from the sky onto her plate. A flake of snow dropped into her tea. On her English muffin, the finishing dust of flour started to bloom. Sipping cool dew from her glass of berry punch was a gleaming june bug.  
"Too much seasoning?" Discord asked as he tightened his scarf and spread sunscreen on a piece of cold bread that had just popped out of the toaster.
"No," she replied, "I think it's just right."

• Like 1

Maybe it wasn't meant to be, Maybe they weren't make good friends for me after all. Or maybe...there's something wrong with me.
All I ever wanted was to be with other ponies. Mingle, party, socialize and all that. But every time I come across a caravan, a camp, a little village or just some random passerby. The moment I start a conversation with them, they close their eyes or draw their weapons on me! I just want some "real" friends, not murderous and rude like these old ones... So sick of having statues for friends

- The Misunderstood Gorgon Pony

• Like 2

25 years ago: SALE! 10% off all stock of new Smarty Pants dolls!

18 years ago: WANTED - Smarty Pants doll, good condition. Struggling parents with foal on the way. Willing to offer used colt shoes.

Yesterday: WANTED - Smarty Pants doll. Last seen five years ago in Ponyville incident. Contact Princess Twilight Sparkle.

Today: FOUND - Smarty Pants doll. Inquire at Sweet Apple Acres.

• Like 1

Here's a script I had for a comic idea, slightly condensed to fit the 100 word limit:

Starlight: Thank you for letting me stay at your castle, despite all that I’ve done.

Spike: There's still one thing that's bothering me. When Sunburst left, did you try writing him a letter to see if he really did forget about you?

Starlight: Write him a what?

Twilight: You know, letters? You write words down on a piece of paper about your feelings and mail it to your friends.

Spike: And sometimes you can send and receive them in a post office.

Starlight: They have those?

*Later that day at the post office*

Starlight: Sweet Celestia...

Twilight: Seriously?

Spike: *facepalm*

• Like 1

Applejack headed into the orchard with Big Mac, hanging back until he disappeared from view. Then, sticking close to the trees, she doubled back to the house.

The red strips hit the frying pan with a sizzle. The savory, forbidden aroma filled the air immediately. She likened the metaphorical blood on her hooves to the red, shiny exteriors of the apples she harvested. Everything was food, in the end, even ponies went into the ground to feed the worms. And there could be no other way to start the morning.

She jumped when she heard the door swing open. "Applejack", said Apple Bloom, "I can't find Mrs. Oinkley anywhere".

A hard-working country girl needs her protein.

• Like 1

Neither foal spoke. The shards stubbornly refused to hop back onto the end table and become a vase once more.

"Well," the younger colt said at last, "you know they'll never believe it was a wild bunny rabbit."
His sister considered the statement silently, then agreed. "Yeah."
"Probably better to just tell them we knocked it over while roughhousing," he offered.
His sister considered the ramifications silently, then agreed. "Yeah."

A snow-white rabbit hopped through the tiny paths in the undergrowth back to his cottage, looked as contented as an angel. It had been a good day.

• Like 1