deathmetalbr0ny

Ever have a "How did we start talikng about this/What have I been doing moment'?

Have you ever had a conversation with a friend that completely derailed into something deep or serious, or started watching something and you tell yourself I'm going to stop at this point but you just keep going. I was talking to one of my friends about our favorite Jontron moments and somehow we got into criminals and rehabilitation/punishment. And I started watching Degrassi on YouTube and before I realized it I was so invested I was at season 5 already!

tfw every YouTube venture starts on communism and ends on communism until I force YouTube to stop giving me communism by actively searching for something else.

I'm constantly subject to these:

A Wiki Walk is a train of thought that has gone off the rails and is Riding into the Sunset. When going for a Wiki Walk you know where you begin, but no one knows where you'll end. Are you a Mad Scientist building an orbital death ray? Well, too bad, inspiration struck and now it's the world's biggest dancing dish washer with a fully adjustable cup holder. You want to have a serious talk about the Middle East? Within ten minutes you'll be arguing whether Darth Vader could take Gandalf in a fight. Just want to check the Rule of Cool page? Before you know it you're adding examples to Bungling Inventor. You, my friend, have just had a Wiki Walk.

The key feature of a Wiki Walk is that if someone were to see only the beginning and end of the Wiki Walk it would seem completely random, while in fact there was a series of thoughts that connected the beginning and end result, or it is at least implied that this is the case.

the_problem_with_wikipedia.png

(Bonus: find out if My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic makes it into every hyperlink under the Western Animation category!)

Who hasn't digressed from simple talk about sunny weather to "Да, comrade we must crush the Capitalism for it is flawed and it is much easier to establish radical power exchange than fix current way of life.". Honestly are you implying that does not happen to normal people? I wouldn't know i proudly consider myself insane.

And hey it's their 100th anniversary this year! Well not until next November when the October revolution was.

11 hours ago, cjhoward said:

Have you ever had a conversation with a friend that completely derailed into something deep or serious, or started watching something and you tell yourself I'm going to stop at this point but you just keep going. I was talking to one of my friends about our favorite Jontron moments and somehow we got into criminals and rehabilitation/punishment. And I started watching Degrassi on YouTube and before I realized it I was so invested I was at season 5 already!

This is the EQD Discord in a nutshell. Conversation starts about something getting nerfed in a game, 5 minutes later it's turned into a discussion about the state of the US Military and world politics. Someone complains they have a cold, 3-4 minutes later there's a large discussion on Microbiology, Chemestry and Medical Discoveries. Someone's program crashed? 2 hour long tech discussion. 

And people wonder why we have so many channels.

18 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

I'm constantly subject to these:

the_problem_with_wikipedia.png

(Bonus: find out if My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic makes it into every hyperlink under the Western Animation category!)

I read that quote at the beginning of that tv tropes page. It's almost word for word accurate of when I did research for reports.

10 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

Who hasn't digressed from simple talk about sunny weather to "Да, comrade we must crush the Capitalism for it is flawed and it is much easier to establish radical power exchange than fix current way of life.". Honestly are you implying that does not happen to normal people? I wouldn't know i proudly consider myself insane.

And hey it's their 100th anniversary this year! Well not until next November when the October revolution was.

Yeah my conversations definitely went down that route before in some form.

Not sure what you mean. who are referring to when you say their 100th anniversary? 

1 minute ago, cjhoward said:

Not sure what you mean. who are referring to when you say their 100th anniversary? 

Why, komrade you niet know? On the 8th of March was the 100th anniversary of the beginning of February revolution. And on 7th November we shall celebrate the anniversary of glorious October Revolution.

Do you understand now komrade? Exactly hundred years ago the glorious kommunist ideology was truly born.

24 minutes ago, Cinder Vel said:

Why, komrade you niet know? On the 8th of March was the 100th anniversary of the beginning of February revolution. And on 7th November we shall celebrate the anniversary of glorious October Revolution.

Do you understand now komrade? Exactly hundred years ago the glorious kommunist ideology was truly born.

I didn't but I do now. Russian history is something I haven't really done a lot of research into.

Just now, cjhoward said:

I didn't but I do now. Russian history is something I haven't really done a lot of research into.

Oh komrade this is world history of the working class! It is still ongoing in some parts of the world. But here this lil video will educate you!

And that concludes the presentation of this topics point. We have successfully digressed to the topic of communism. Hah take that Godwin's Law! 

21 minutes ago, Cinder Vel said:

Oh komrade this is world history of the working class! It is still ongoing in some parts of the world. But here this lil video will educate you!

And that concludes the presentation of this topics point. We have successfully digressed to the topic of communism. Hah take that Godwin's Law! 

Wait...doesn't that confirm it more than anything?:?

6 minutes ago, cjhoward said:

Wait...doesn't that confirm it more than anything?:?

We have confirmed you theory about digression. We have avoided Godwin's law because we did not mention the you know what.

Just now, Cinder Vel said:

We have confirmed you theory about digression. We have avoided Godwin's law because we did not mention the you know what.

Ah yeah but now that you mentioned we haven't, sooner or later someone probably will now whether the topic called for or not.oh god.

It want really meant to be a theory lol, its was just meant to share stories of how something light and could end up on the completely opposite side or getting into something so much you took in to much at once.

4 hours ago, cjhoward said:

I'm waiting for Mike Duncan to get around to it.

5 hours ago, cjhoward said:

I read that quote at the beginning of that tv tropes page. It's almost word for word accurate of when I did research for reports.

Wikipedia and TVTropes are like kryptonite for those blessed with the suck that is ADD.