Steamworks

S5 Episode 14 - Discussion

Where to watch:
(Some of the pages have the episode title in them already. If you can't bear to even know that, you should probably avoid them until it's time for the episode.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/3km1kr/mlpfim_season_5_episode_streams_part_2/

(Discovery Family is showing the first EqG movie prior to the episode. At 2pm Eastern, they're showing "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?" prior to a second airing of S5E14. That's a chance to catch up.)

Dailymotion link: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x36l6b3 

*looks at synopsis for this episode starring Rarity, next week's episode (airing after a G3 Rarity special), which is my sought after Raridash episode, and the week after's synopsis for the Rarijack episode featuring Coco*

Great Luna... Well, let's just call it official, folks. Looks like Discovery Family is making the rest of this month "The Month of the Rice Ball."

• Like 1

Fun episode. I was pleasantly shocked that the reset button didn't get hit and Canterlot Carousel closed down. Rarity is actually making progress on her dream, since she now has two locations. And I'm glad they didn't go the obvious route of making Sassy Saddles an unrepentant antagonist. She wasn't a bad mare, just a desperate one coming off a string of failures who was trying too hard.

As the episode started I did feel like Sassy Saddles was going to be an antagonist, then as the show progressed I started to realize she never really showed an evil grin or some sort of expression that would show bad intentions, heck in one instance she just seemed sad Rarity wasn't trusting her "perfect plan", so it was a pleasant surprise (although kind of natural in retrospect) that she ended up accepting the errors of her ways and looking after the Canterlot Boutique.

Also, that huge pony in the end slate of the episode...that was weird...wasn't expecting that.

Rarity's fashions seem to be getting much more interesting. Most of the designs from the episode are something I'd wear if I were a mare.

This also marks the 2nd of the Mane 6 getting that much closer to their dreams.

Is no one going to talk about that magazine guys face when rarity was beginning to describe the princess dress? I rolled over in laughter when I saw that.

The month of the Marshmallow begins! And what a way to start it off. Great new characters, great song, great character progression, just great everything all around. I swear, every season five episode cracks the little glass ball MLP has been trapped in since its conception. They keep doing things and going places I never would have thought possible in this show. The glass is weakening, and I have a feeling we're not too far off from the last, mighty swing (in the form of the finale, most probably) that's going to send the show rocketing to beautiful new technicolor heights.

Great Luna... Well, let's just call it official, folks. Looks like Discovery Family is making the rest of this month "The Month of the Rice Ball."

*flipping through the TV today, noticed even the MLP toy ads have become Rarity-centric* I swear, I'm not manipulating the cosmos in order to bombard the airwaves with best rice ball coincidentally during the peak of fall fashion season. Those corpses out back were for a wholly DIFFERENT blood sacrifice, honest!!

978215__safe_screencap_edit_faic_camera_

Calling it. I nominate this face :hurrr2.0: