Leonbrony17

What are the worst changes from Mlp to Equestria girls?

Human designs for me. Especially weird legs, like they don't have ankles. Oh and existence of Flash Sentry, because I love beating a dead horse. Also I still am not that crazy about high school setting with wacky magical adventures. I would just watch W.I.T.C.H. if I wanted something like that.

• Like 3

The compression of age ranges is kind of distracting.

The lack of adult role models and mentor figures like Princess Celestia in Equestria is a bit disappointing. There's a tendency for younger kids to think that high school is some kind of peak of life already, and the virtual invisibility of the adults in the series kind of exacerbates that. That might just be a product of the fact that we have 4 movies instead of six seasons of cartoons so the narrative focus has to be tighter, especially with an ensemble cast, but I would have liked to see Canterlot High's resident grown-ups having more opportunities to give insight and guidance.

• Like 1

The lipstick (except Principal Cinch's; she pulls hers off quite well).

Principal Celestia, Vice-Principal Luna, Dean Cadance, etc., would probably look noticeably better without it.

• Like 3

Just about everything. They keep the same colors they had as ponies in Equestria, which throws everything off, their eyes are like owl eyes, Celestia is even worse at her job than she already was, Luna was ruined, and Spike was a dog-A FUCKING DOG. I was done after the first one. The others aren't worth my time. Worse, there are THREE MORE-Rainbow Rocks, Friendship Games, and Legend of Everfree.

Pony colors just don't work well on humans. And even the artists know that as they had to cheat with Cheerilee and made her look more like Berry Punch.

latest?cb=20130725042219

By the way a reminder to all of us that just "love" Equestria Girls. We are getting more of it this year! I believe three short episodes instead of a film.

• Like 3

Smaller eyes, no cute nuzzle, fingerss and overall, the normal human figure, which find more boring than ponies. Even though, it's very unhuman. But well, when i don't compare it to ponies it's okay-ish but when i see ponies again i'm like "omg". :cookie:

I'm not sure how the translation from Alicorn princesses who are many centuries old to high school principal and vice-principal works, but it would make my head hurt if I thought about it too much.