LegendaryR'QA

Game Theory: Leave PewDiePie ALONE!

I refuse to click any video related to PDP on the basis I don't want to encourage YouTube. Except unless it's that old Retsupurea compilation.

Someone will need to give me an annotated version.

Edited by AaronMk

I refuse to click any video related to PDP on the basis I don't want to encourage YouTube. Except unless it's that old Retsupurea compilation.

You rather beg the question.

I just gave it watch. It does not matter what your opinion on the pewds is--not one bit--because this video can teach you something very interesting and relevant.

Google don't care, it's got PDP in the title which is enough for their algorithm. And I get enough him and the other half-rate shill lords by watching ChipCheezum.

• Refuses to click on the basis of encouraging links to Pewds.
  • Video is about not rashly clicking on things made by network outlets designs to elicit ire from people.
  • awesomecheer_zpskvbeorwi.png

• Refuses to click on the basis of encouraging links to Pewds.
  • Video is about not rashly clicking on things made by network outlets designs to elicit ire from people.
  • awesomecheer_zpskvbeorwi.png

Someone could have said so earlier. In which event: I may have actually watched this or something similar about Google's recommendations algorithm and geographic distribution (and what defines international for recommandations vs not). So in the interests of not having Chrome tell Google that I watched something about le vidya gaems so it can try and force more AVGN or something down my throat I wanted to avoid it.

It's bad enough it's linking me to more and more MGSV spoiler shit because I listen to David Bowie.

meh buck pewdiepie and markipiler. how ever there names are spelt. both are two sides of the same coin. and i refuse to watch or support either in any way. besides slandering theme as such.

I personally love Game Theory and Markiplier, but PewDiePie just doesn't appeal to me. I feel that the Pewds targets a much younger audience but GT and Markiplier target older teens-early twenties. Markiplier constantly reminds everyone how appreciative he is for all of their support, and many donate in his charity livestreams. MatPat reminds us of his childhood playing video games, and appeals to our younger days thinking about different things about video games that we discussed with our friends.

• Like 1

Not to mention Mark and Mat are completely different types of YouTubers, though I get your point.

I like those two for basically the same reasons, and Felix for similar reasons as Mark. He's honestly better than some people make him out to be.

• Like 1

Probably not. No offense to palandrose, but he's probably just taking advantage of their YouTube celeb status, the fact that he doesn't know them personally, and his apparently baseless dislike of them to paint ghastly pictures of them for his own satisfaction.

• Like 1

So, did Markiplier, like, fuck your dog or something?

nah i just distaste big time you tubers pewdiepie the most but markipiler even though his charity work is great is a sell out. My opinion. Same applies to all the big people on twitch who are sponsored. flat out sell outs.

It goes against my upbringing to make money sitting on your bum playing video games and or making videos and posting on you tube. I my self would never attempt to be  sponsored on twitch or try and get paid to play video games. Simply put it contributes nothing to society, it is actually is detrimental (in my eye's). Again my opinion and its a 1970's style view point. I will be salty about it till emp's wipes the majority of computers and telecommunication devices out.

Edited by palandrose
im so salty

Selling out is altering your creative vision for cash. Getting paid for your output is nowhere near selling out. 

Is it against your upbringing to get paid to sit around reading? That's more or less what a news anchor does. 

Citizen Kane is the product of someone making a video. Surely that's not a waste or detrimental. Shakespeare pretty much sat around writing. Was his output not worthy of payment?

Funny how you say you'd never go after Twitch partnership yet your intro and first suggestion were based on your channel. Your channel also looks a lot more like one going for partnership than a hobby channel. Promoting yourself that much really sounds like you want numbers, which is a big part of getting partnered. Can't tell if you're jelly or just hipster. 

• Like 2

Selling out is altering your creative vision for cash. Getting paid for your output is nowhere near selling out. 

Is it against your upbringing to get paid to sit around reading? That's more or less what a news anchor does. 

Citizen Kane is the product of someone making a video. Surely that's not a waste or detrimental. Shakespeare pretty much sat around writing. Was his output not worthy of payment?

Funny how you say you'd never go after Twitch partnership yet your intro and first suggestion were based on your channel. Your channel also looks a lot more like one going for partnership than a hobby channel. Promoting yourself that much really sounds like you want numbers, which is a big part of getting partnered. Can't tell if you're jelly or just hipster. 

lol

Don't get me started on news anchors that is a whole different ball game of wtf,  and yea actually it is against my upbringing. Even though historians do just that as well as those who mend books for a living (i cant remember the job label off hand) and thus why i will never enter those fields of work. Though they do produce a lot to society. That fact  conflicts with getting paid and sitting on ones bum because of the ability to help and benefit society as a whole.

Shakespeare wrote plays  which (how he wrote and how back then they where produced)  is a tad different then current media, also factor in different era so the way things where done back then are far different then today.  Never watched or read Citizen Kane  so cant say anything on that.

Actually my intro is based off of  all my hobbies. Thus Equestrian Brony streamer, and in that order of priority. As  far my stream is concerned i promote the stream so i can have more people to talk to. Mind you i am very content with the fact i have 3-4 people on my stream, chatting at any time. However  the more the merrier right? I rarely adhere to my so called schedule, and many of the banners are gifts from viewers (with the exception of 3 or 4 of theme). As for my first post about getting a  list up, trying to spread the love. I honestly feel that many brony streamers are unseen, and deserve to be seen so they can have fun people to talk to like i do.

I am a hipster in regards to this type of subject. If this post didn't make that clear.

Edited by palandrose
oh forgot a thought

Probably not. No offense to palandrose, but he's probably just taking advantage of their YouTube celeb status, the fact that he doesn't know them personally, and his apparently baseless dislike of them to paint ghastly pictures of them for his own satisfaction.

none taken dude. i feel that celebrity's in all mass media are wtf. 

Edited by palandrose

We sent people to the moon largely by sitting on our asses. Was the advancement of science and technology "lessened" due to people sitting there working out calculations rather than digging ditches or whatever counts as physical enough to meet your approval? This idea that only physical labor counts is beyond dumb.

Shakespeare, Citizen Kane, and YouTube videos are all inherently entertainment. If Shakespeare was alive today, he may very well have given us Hamlet via YouTube. Regardless of how it's delivered, entertainment is worthwhile even if it doesn't become some sort of pillar of culture. Making people happy shouldn't be viewed as worthless. 

How do you practically differentiate between creative works you approve of and those you don't? What differentiates Shakespeare's plays from some YouTube series right now other than 500 years? You can't say for sure whether or not people will be talking about that series 500 years from now, but, if they are, wouldn't that series be just as culturally significant as Hamlet? What about MLP? It's a bunch of people mostly sitting around writing, drawing, talking, singing, etc. Why don't you hold Daniel Ingram or Tara Strong in such high contempt? Hell, Tara Strong gets paid to sit around talking in funny voices.

You do realize writing off popular things just because they're popular isn't really any different from mainstream people writing off non-mainstream stuff for being unpopular, right? It's just as knee-jerky and doesn't have any actual reasoning behind it.

We sent people to the moon largely by sitting on our asses. Was the advancement of science and technology "lessened" due to people sitting there working out calculations rather than digging ditches or whatever counts as physical enough to meet your approval? This idea that only physical labor counts is beyond dumb.

Shakespeare, Citizen Kane, and YouTube videos are all inherently entertainment. If Shakespeare was alive today, he may very well have given us Hamlet via YouTube. Regardless of how it's delivered, entertainment is worthwhile even if it doesn't become some sort of pillar of culture. Making people happy shouldn't be viewed as worthless. 

How do you practically differentiate between creative works you approve of and those you don't? What differentiates Shakespeare's plays from some YouTube series right now other than 500 years? You can't say for sure whether or not people will be talking about that series 500 years from now, but, if they are, wouldn't that series be just as culturally significant as Hamlet? What about MLP? It's a bunch of people mostly sitting around writing, drawing, talking, singing, etc. Why don't you hold Daniel Ingram or Tara Strong in such high contempt? Hell, Tara Strong gets paid to sit around talking in funny voices.

You do realize writing off popular things just because they're popular isn't really any different from mainstream people writing off non-mainstream stuff for being unpopular, right? It's just as knee-jerky and doesn't have any actual reasoning behind it.

hmm you are forgetting this statement i made " Though they do produce a lot to society. That fact  conflicts with getting paid and sitting on ones bum because of the ability to help and benefit society as a whole."   I will bring up my very first argument about producing things of benefit for society as a whole. NASA and all the engineers mathematicians and all that jazz did bring a lot of benefit to society and the world as a whole. How are you tubers like pewdiepie doing that? besides a smile to a person's face for a fleeting moment or three.

Oh Celestia your pulling the "well if these creators of great art and or literature where alive today" card. Not a valid argument in my eye's so im just going to state that and leave it be.  Now as to prevent you from using my "besides a smile to a person's face for a fleeting moment or three" statement as ammo, and to also make clear, im not lowering the value of personal joy or creating joy for others. I feel if your getting paid you need to contribute something to society that has an impact. Be it serving food to hungry people. Stocking shelves for people to get products or supplies, and so forth. In the case of celebrities,  actually contributing one's wealth to charity's and to groups helping refuges, fight cancer, or house the homeless and the like. You can make your self smile, or Brighten your own day if you so choose. As such in my eyes and in my opinion making others smile is not a benefit to society. Perhaps to a singular individual but not society aka the masses of almost 9 billion or you local masses of thousands of people plus.

How i differentiate what i approve and disapprove of is simply based on the impact it leaves me with. If it is  positive i will say as such, if its negative i will say as such.  I am very loud and vocal about both equally. You seem to be forgetting how i have blatantly stated "in my opinion" which is not fact but just that an opinion of a random dude on line.  As for if people will be talking about current media in 100+ or 500+ years cant say for sure if anything that has been made in the past 20 years via current media will be. As to why i don't hold Danial Ingram, Tara Strong, Harrison ford, Elton John, Billy Joel, Game Grumps, Metallica (i actually am a mix of joy and contempt with theme), Ben Bova, Dani Kollin, Eyatan kollin, or others in contempt... well i just explained that didn't i?

Now its my own fault with my opening statement and saying "i refuse to watch or support either in any way", but im not knee jerk reacting as i have watched 3 videos from both people. I should have stated that at the start, and neither left a positive imprint on my mind or my view of things. Markipiler left a rather blah what ever impression, and omg pewdiepie left a very very negative one. As for my reason for not supporting Markipiler is well.. the primary topic of are discussion. However my distaste for pewdiepie runs very very deep, and that is from watching 3 of his video's. Now why 3 videos you may ask? Well i do that with any you tuber. Just like i do with any tv show i give it 3 episodes, and for a movie i give it 30 minutes.  I am honestly sorry if my posting made it seem i write off popular things just because there popular,  that is not and was not my goal. hopefully are interactions thus far have proven as such.

tbh don't know if you're knit picking or on a legit soap box.

Edited by palandrose
i really need to use the shift key more.... oh and forgot a thought.

Abbot & Costello have echoed down through time just being entertainers. Are they just as "worthless" to society as modern entertainers?

You slagged off the entirety of YouTube as worthless garbage, which means you would slag off Shakespeare or Poe or whoever else if they delivered their works through it.

Based on what you've said about Markiplier and Pewdiepie, you should be just as harsh towards Daniel Ingram. He contributes nothing but "a smile to a person's face for a fleeting moment or three" and is paid for his creative output. Those are two of the things you cited as being wrong with Markiplier and Pewdiepie. You can't slam someone for that stuff one moment and turn right around and be okay when someone else does it. You just sound like a hypocritical twat when you do that. Also, opinions with reasoning behind them are actually worthwhile. If you gotta hide behind "Well, that's just your opinion, man", it's a shitty, poorly thought out opinion and ought to be rethought.

It's okay to not like things because they don't appeal to you. You don't have to write off entire swaths of content creators and a content delivery system. It's no different than if you had read Twilight and just wrote off not only every author/writer ever but books entirely as well.

Writing things off just because they're popular is pretty much the definition of "I am a hipster in regards to this type of subject".

Abbot & Costello have echoed down through time just being entertainers. Are they just as "worthless" to society as modern entertainers?

You slagged off the entirety of YouTube as worthless garbage, which means you would slag off Shakespeare or Poe or whoever else if they delivered their works through it.

Based on what you've said about Markiplier and Pewdiepie, you should be just as harsh towards Daniel Ingram. He contributes nothing but "a smile to a person's face for a fleeting moment or three" and is paid for his creative output. Those are two of the things you cited as being wrong with Markiplier and Pewdiepie. You can't slam someone for that stuff one moment and turn right around and be okay when someone else does it. You just sound like a hypocritical twat when you do that. Also, opinions with reasoning behind them are actually worthwhile. If you gotta hide behind "Well, that's just your opinion, man", it's a shitty, poorly thought out opinion and ought to be rethought.

It's okay to not like things because they don't appeal to you. You don't have to write off entire swaths of content creators and a content delivery system. It's no different than if you had read Twilight and just wrote off not only every author/writer ever but books entirely as well.

Writing things off just because they're popular is pretty much the definition of "I am a hipster in regards to this type of subject".

Yes i do slag off the majority of you-tube as such. With the exception of those who have actual degrees and work in the fields they represent on youtube, outside of youtube. and TBH i rarely go on youtube. Outside of the occasional funny cat video and to listen to music when i cant find a song on spotify. Again with the dead people where alive today and useing you tube and what not. Dude there works would be far different  if they where alive today. Get off that concept it does not fly here, or in any debate group/club i have ever seen or been in. 

*blinks* You didn't read any of the last few paragraphs did you? here let me repeat 

" How i differentiate what i approve and disapprove of is simply based on the impact it leaves me with. If it is  positive i will say as such, if its negative i will say as such.  I am very loud and vocal about both equally. You seem to be forgetting how i have blatantly stated "in my opinion" which is not fact but just that an opinion of a random dude on line.  As for if people will be talking about current media in 100+ or 500+ years cant say for sure if anything that has been made in the past 20 years via current media will be. As to why i don't hold Danial Ingram, Tara Strong, Harrison ford, Elton John, Billy Joel, Game Grumps, Metallica (i actually am a mix of joy and contempt with theme), Ben Bova, Dani Kollin, Eyatan kollin, or others in contempt... well i just explained that didn't i?"

Now it seems you did read this but here lets bring it back up as it supports that previous statement i made: 

"As for my reason for not supporting Markipiler is well.. the primary topic of are discussion. However my distaste for pewdiepie runs very very deep, and that is from watching 3 of his video's. Now why 3 videos you may ask? Well i do that with any you tuber. Just like i do with any tv show i give it 3 episodes, and for a movie i give it 30 minute"

That sums up why i am not as harsh on others as i am pewdiepie and markiplier.

On the topic of hipster, i believe it has about 12 different meaning's in the online dictionary's, as if im not mistaken it has not been added to the Oxford English dictionary or are 
Merriam-Webster american English dictionary. As such it currently has no literal meaning's as some of the definitions can and do conflict with others. So how i view the word is clearly different then how you view the word. That is very very evident here. if i am wrong and it is in either of those two credible dictionary's then i will retract said statements. if youw ould like i can explain the defantion that i align with and use most.

Wow and here i thought you had the capacity to debate like an adult. Your word use says other wise. LOL im out since it has devolved into slander *ahem* i mean vulgarity  use. Point still stands dude.

Edited by palandrose
debate fail's when slander *ahem* i mean vulgarity is used. im out LOL

So why should anyone watch your shitty Twitch stream? I highly doubt you have a degree in gaming. Your stream is obviously worthless garbage. Just close it down. You're not contributing to society doing it. Go feed the hungry or something.

I did read. You said you didn't approve of people who don't contribute beyond entertainment and those who get paid for bringing entertainment to the masses. "I like them" and "I don't like them" are total shit criteria for determining when it's okay for someone to do those things and when it's not. There's nothing that different from Lauren Faust creating MLP and Markiplier doing his thing. Either be consistent and throw out Lauren Faust with Markiplier or change your stance.

You said part of why you didn't like Markiplier was because he only ever entertains and is paid for it when it seems like your actual reason is that is didn't tickle your fancy. You can leave it at that. You don't have to go on and sound like you only ever like/approve of something that contributes to grand culture. Based on those criteria, Lauren Faust's concept artwork is absolute total garbage and you only like things like the Mona Lisa or the Sistine Chapel.

Don't be stupid. You know exactly what someone means when they talk about being hipster about media. It's about a total dismissal of the mainstream to the point they'll shit on their previous "favorite band ever" the moment the band gets a fanbase larger than 20.