LegendaryR'QA

Game Theory: Leave PewDiePie ALONE!

So why should anyone watch your shitty Twitch stream? I highly doubt you have a degree in gaming. Your stream is obviously worthless garbage. Just close it down. You're not contributing to society doing it. Go feed the hungry or something.

I did read. You said you didn't approve of people who don't contribute beyond entertainment and those who get paid for bringing entertainment to the masses. "I like them" and "I don't like them" are total shit criteria for determining when it's okay for someone to do those things and when it's not. There's nothing that different from Lauren Faust creating MLP and Markiplier doing his thing. Either be consistent and throw out Lauren Faust with Markiplier or change your stance.

You said part of why you didn't like Markiplier was because he only ever entertains and is paid for it when it seems like your actual reason is that is didn't tickle your fancy. You can leave it at that. You don't have to go on and sound like you only ever like/approve of something that contributes to grand culture. Based on those criteria, Lauren Faust's concept artwork is absolute total garbage and you only like things like the Mona Lisa or the Sistine Chapel.

Don't be stupid. You know exactly what someone means when they talk about being hipster about media. It's about a total dismissal of the mainstream to the point they'll shit on their previous "favorite band ever" the moment the band gets a fanbase larger than 20.

Dude you shot your self in the foot the minute you brought slander *ahem* i mean vulgarity in a debate. Just saying if you have to resort to that then you need to rethink. Peace dude and may Luna guide you on your path.

Edited by palandrose
wrong word use

Psst, I'm taking your stance and applying it to you.

pssst you used slander *ahem* i mean vulgarity so yea.... im adulting right on out of here.

Edited by palandrose
wrong word use

ITT: two people who think they got it figured out locked in the classic Working Man vs Inteligesta battle.

Quint's out there in the literary world somewhere singing Fair Spanish Ladies.

• Like 1

pssst you used slander so yea.... im adulting right on out of here.

Couple of things:

1) Asserting that you are an adult only makes you look less like an adult.

2) You're appealing to something called the fallacy's fallacy, suggesting that a fallacy that you detect in the opposition (ad hominem in this case) renders their argument invalid.

3) Said ad hominem is actually not present. You stating that he is attempting to slander you merely shows that you don't understand the meaning of his post--primarily, you did not catch the sarcasm. Ideally, I believe you should be able to after rereading it; otherwise, I can provide an explanation/translation for you.

Couple of things:

1) Asserting that you are an adult only makes you look less like an adult.

2) You're appealing to something called the fallacy's fallacy, suggesting that a fallacy that you detect in the opposition (ad hominem in this case) renders their argument invalid.

3) Said ad hominem is actually not present. You stating that he is attempting to slander you merely shows that you don't understand the meaning of his post--primarily, you did not catch the sarcasm. Ideally, I believe you should be able to after rereading it; otherwise, I can provide an explanation/translation for you.

mah bad rather then slander dude used vulgarity. i will admit my word use was wrong. my point still stands regardless dude shot theme selves self in the foot. any one worth there salt in a debate dose not need to stoop to such a level.

Edited by palandrose
pointed finger at wrong dude

ITT: two people who think they got it figured out locked in the classic Working Man vs Inteligesta battle.

Quint's out there in the literary world somewhere singing Fair Spanish Ladies.

yea i am a blue collar rough neck what can i say. but even a blue collar boy  such as my self dose not need to stoop to vulgarity to make ones point.

Edited by palandrose

You sound more like a pretentious fuckwit between the hissy fit over the word "shitty" and the whole "omg celebrities wtf" thing. 

You sound more like a pretentious fuckwit between the hissy fit over the word "shitty" and the whole "omg celebrities wtf" thing. 

please keep shooting your self in the foot. it is amusing me.

You yourself said the debate was over. Can't shoot myself in the foot just spouting opinions.

well calling some one or implying they are a "fuckwit" is not helping, nor is me feeding into it helping. but hey we all amuse are selves in are own ways right? we all can be key bored warriors when we feel the need.

please keep shooting your self in the foot. it is amusing me.

You keep using that phrase. I don't think it means what you think it means. As a hint, it implies hypocrisy.

You're still using a fallacy, btw. Just as an argument containing a fallacy does not necessarily render the whole argument invalid, neither do expletives. It would be more accurate to say that you just don't like dealing with situations involving cuss words.

Unrelated: is there a reason you keep spelling "board" as "bored"? Like, is it a thing you do or is it a simple error?

You keep using that phrase. I don't think it means what you think it means. As a hint, it implies hypocrisy.

You're still using a fallacy, btw. Just as an argument containing a fallacy does not necessarily render the whole argument invalid, neither do expletives. It would be more accurate to say that you just don't like dealing with situations involving cuss words.

Unrelated: is there a reason you keep spelling "board" as "bored"? Like, is it a thing you do or is it a simple error?

"Theme" is also constantly used by him instead of "them".

simple errors.  im surprised the has not  come out as teh to be  honest. 

Edited by palandrose

I'd like to revise my last post a bit: it seems that what I thought was the definition of "shooting oneself in the foot" was a misconception, and merely means "inadvertently making a situation worse for oneself." However, it's still false. His situation isn't really getting worse; you're just painting it that way.

Ah, I see. I'll try to avoid pointing out any further errors.

Edited by ultimateAI

and i keep saying it because in my mind metaphorically he was shooting him self in the foot. 

I'd like to revise my last post a bit: it seems that what I thought was the definition of "shooting oneself in the foot" was a misconception, and merely means "inadvertently making a situation worse for oneself." However, it's still false. His situation isn't really getting worse; you're just painting it that way.

Ah, I see. I'll try to avoid pointing those out.

in my mind he  was making it worse for him self. though technically we both shot are selves in the foot. at least in my mind.

Edited by palandrose

In your mind?

Well yeah, clearly. I was just letting you know that it's incorrect.

i will not disagree with that view point lol. i am always happy to say when i was wrong.

• Like 1

Yup, seems like the message of "Love and tolerance" has failed even in a My little pony forum, that's kind of Ironic but hey, it's the internet, and it wouldn't be the internet without two people with opposed opinions, none of which can be asserted as being "right", trying to convince each other of how "wrong" they are.

Just carry on folks, but remember, Princess Twilight Sparkle is coming for your asses and is going to friendship the shit out of you.

Or you could just settle down on a truce...well, i'm out, have a fantastic day.

Yup, seems like the message of "Love and tolerance" has failed even in a My little pony forum, that's kind of Ironic but hey, it's the internet, and it wouldn't be the internet without two people with opposed opinions, none of which can be asserted as being "right", trying to convince each other of how "wrong" they are.

Just carry on folks, but remember, Princess Twilight Sparkle is coming for your asses and is going to friendship the shit out of you.

Or you could just settle down on a truce...well, i'm out, have a fantastic day.

Honestly, I disagree. I don't feel that the mantra of Love and Tolerance has been broken here. Even good friends could argue like this. Recall how in "Look Before You Sleep" AJ and Rarity learn to accept each other's differences even though at first they find they have little in common. Discussion is not necessarily a bad thing.

I've remained a mostly neutral party in this affair, but my opinion leans towards Aeth's side; even though I disagree with palandrose, I feel he handled the argument rather well compared to most, especially considering his last reply.

At the end of the day, we're all human(s) and we're all bronies...and also we're actually ponies. I don't think it's that hard for us all to get along. :)

Rule 25: Relation to the original topic decreases with every single post.

Thanks for teaching me a new rule!

In this case however, though I see your point, it seems not to me that the relation has decreased that much since by the end there was still discussion over the legitimacy of YouTube as form of occupation.

• Like 1