ranul

Who is your favourite pony based on fan fiction stories

The question is who is your favourite pony based more on fan fiction then the show . 

Only characters that appear on the show are eligible for the question so no fan fiction original characters .

What fan fiction did you read that made you like the pony more. 

Cry havoc and let loose the hounds of Best Pony wars!

Anyway this was probably asked countless times but hey nice twist that it must be fan fiction. Honestly I prefer background characters in general, possibly Octavia most.

:golfclop:

• Like 2

Starlight Glimmer, since I can relate to her so much and I've just liked her development in season 6. It used to be Twilight for the longest time. From when I became a brony back in October 2011 all the way to September 2016, Twilight had been my favorite pony. It was only after Every Little Thing She Does aired that I realized that Starlight had become my favorite pony.

• Like 2

You know think there is one mistake about this thread. We aren't sharing the fanfiction examples of our fav Ponies. Since well the whole point of this topic is:

The question is who is your favourite pony based more on fan fiction then the show . 

Exit Through Canterlot by TheBrianJ
Interesting use of Octavia beyond her love for music which I found interesting. Of course Vinyl is there but not as romance which is actually rare. 

Long Story Short, Things Went Down by Aragon
Features a wide selection of background ponies and not just Octavia. It's really messed up story and not for the weak but damn I like it. 

There are loads of other stories I could link and for you shipers out there well Octavia and Scratch get plenty of great romance stories. Seriously though hard to find a story where those two don't .

All of them except Starlight Glimmer, Trixie, and Discord

Ken Kaneki has my permission to satisfy his flesh-craving hunger by eating those 3. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

2 minutes ago, LostSanity said:

All of them except Starlight Glimmer, Trixie, and Discord

Ken Kaneki has my permission to satisfy his flesh-craving hunger by eating those 3. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

We get it, you hate them.

Why don't you go broadcast it on a billboard?

• Like 1

On 8.4.2017 at 8:05 AM, ranul said:

Well, my favorite Fluttershy gets what a character needs in the show and that's increasing, mostly positive character development. Now in season seven we'll even find out what career she strives for. People like Larson (she is so hard to write) are gone, so i'm very optimistic that things continue to go well for Fluttershy.

That's why Celestia is my favorite in fanfiction. Unfortunately in the show there are too many people in charge, who just don't know what to do with her, because she is too hard to write for some reason. There is not much more for Celestia to do than being the jobber for the current threat/villain, weeping about Luna and fulfilling the role of a narrator. 

In fanfiction the show writers are proven wrong and Celestia is able to get positive character development, getting things done for once and is not a laughing stock.

There are certain fanfics where Celestia gets treated even worse, but you just can ignore them.

• Like 1

Hands down, Princess Celestia for me.

One of the worst characters in the show, one of the best in fanfiction, where you can find authors that care about the character and don't hatte for whatever reason.

• Like 3

Fluttershy. She's the one who kept me watching past the first episode. I've had a lot of problems with social anxiety in my life, so Fluttershy has always been a very relatable character for me. It's for that same reason that I'm also fond of Marble Pie. I'm hoping that she and Fluttershy get an episode together at some point. Marble could learn a lot from her now that she's become more confident.

Some will probably look down upon me for this, but I've also taken quite a liking to Starlight Glimmer lately. I don't really have a good reason for it either. There's just something about her that I like but can't put my finger on.

On 4/8/2017 at 11:22 AM, Night said:

i like Vinyl, because I'm quite a fan of music centered ponies.

Same here, I like Vinyl Scratch and a lot of the fan centered content she is in.  That is also how I came across some of my more favorite remixes from the fandom as well, so props to Vinyl.

12 hours ago, Moriens said:

Same here, I like Vinyl Scratch and a lot of the fan centered content she is in.  That is also how I came across some of my more favorite remixes from the fandom as well, so props to Vinyl.

I agree, she's my favorite music themed pony.

Unless Hasbro decides to make a music pony centered around heavy metal

Rainbow Dash all the way. There's a huge tie for second place, but Rainbow Dash is number one. Unlike any other pony, I actually knew her (and honestly kinda admired her) well before I ever watched the show. She'll always be my favorite.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Netburst Celeron said:

Fluttershy. She's the one who kept me watching past the first episode. I've had a lot of problems with social anxiety in my life, so Fluttershy has always been a very relatable character for me. It's for that same reason that I'm also fond of Marble Pie. I'm hoping that she and Fluttershy get an episode together at some point. Marble could learn a lot from her now that she's become more confident.

Some will probably look down upon me for this, but I've also taken quite a liking to Starlight Glimmer lately. I don't really have a good reason for it either. There's just something about her that I like but can't put my finger on.

Too late. Already do. Screw that Fluttershy rip-off Marble Pie and that useless main character Starlight Glimmer! 

5 hours ago, Shadow Dash said:

Rainbow Dash all the way. There's a huge tie for second place, but Rainbow Dash is number one. Unlike any other pony, I actually knew her (and honestly kinda admired her) well before I ever watched the show. She'll always be my favorite.

Don't make me laugh. She's an arrogant childish jerk, and she's annoying.