Yukito

Versus Saxton Hale

Hey there, I noticed that FiG has some TF2 servers, but I haven't noticed them playing any Versus Saxton Hale. This is a really fun gamemode where it's one vs. everyone else, where the one is Saxton Hale and has a one-hit melee attack, as well as other abilites to give him an edge. There are also pony mods where you can turn Hale into various ponies for even more enjoyment and good times :D

There are plenty of servers already dedicated to this not reason to try to take players from the already clearly established servers

Depends really. Only real VSH I enjoy are the x10 servers

I have been looking at x10 plugins. I was considering making server three a rotational server between game modes and new maps.

So can we slow this down some? The vanilla servers should be given time to flourish before modded ones are brought in. I don't think anyone wants a repeat of PF2/Ponyville.net where the vanilla TF2 gameplay ends up neglected.

Also, there have been requests for a 24 slot server since there was only one server. A QuickPlay registered 24 slot server is easier to seed than something with 32 players and no QuickPlay.

Server three is more along the lines of testing and whimsy. Server one is in quickplay and has had 4 people connect to it in the past two days.

Hw1M8kD.png

I thought you said it was server two that was in quickplay. It's not a definite thing just by being in the quickplay pool. At around 8-12 connected players, QuickPlay will start dumping people into the server assuming it's on a stock map. Far easier to get 7 other people to join you and rtv to, say, Badwater or Upward than trying to get around 15 people to join you (seems to snowball quickly after that regardless of QP status).

I thought it was server two but there can only be one server tied to a steam account apparently. It was the in default server.cfg for both servers so which ever one came online first was the one that registered. Only server one is set to register now.

Stick to vanilla.

Introduce other gamemodes later on.

Kill VSH with fire. We don't need autistic cancer. (That's what Ponyville.net is for.)

Sorry if that's rude or aggressive, but it's straight-forward as can be. I had a bad day at work..

Can we finally get one of them to 24 slots while we're at it? 24 gets priority in QuickPlay. If Barnyard were in it at this very moment, QuickPlay would start shunting traffic to it rather than us stuck with a dying 5v5 match.

I don't get the obsession with 32 slots. The game is balanced for 24. You're just asking for overwhelming Engie spam with 16 people to a team.

Someone explain to me the difference between quickplay and...not, please?

Also, I don't think we need VSH / VSP, especially not right now. I'm all for an all new "MLP Heroes", though. I don't think that would overshadow vanilla if we do it right.

Edited by ultimateAI

You know that "Play Multiplayer" button or whatever it is that lets you pick a gamemode and then dumps you into a server? That's QuickPlay. Most new players use it instead of the server browser. Registering a server for QuickPlay puts it in the pool of servers the system uses. QP servers are assigned a "score" based on how well they fit Valve's rules. The higher the score, the higher priority in QP the server is (low enough scores can get the server banned from the master server). 

While the system is highly biased towards Valve's own servers, it is still useful for seeding efforts. Around 8-10 people in the server is enough to prompt QuickPlay to dump players in. Nearly full server = more people wanting to hop in. 

Kill VSH with fire. We don't need autistic cancer. (That's what Ponyville.net is for.)

Depends on what servers you play on really. I've played on VSH servers where everyone is pretty cool with each other. The x10 servers are really where the fun is though. Everyone usually has a blast playing on there. That's just what I have seen though. 

I wouldn't mind a VSH server personally, but its all up to what people want on here. If its what the people want, who are we to deny them?

I hold no grudge, but some important people here like User were trying to work with them regarding the traffic redirect that DragonLight decided to put in place, and apparently their staff just isn't very good. Other than that, there are some opinions that VSP just isn't as fun as it seems.

Raini hasn't even updated the main page since like 2013. She claims that she's so busy with college and things that she doesn't really have time to get things done. Now maybe she is right because college is a bitch and all, but still have one of the mods step up for you and get things done.

My real question is, why did Raini agree to take in Pony Fortress 2 refugees at all when she must have known many of us loved stock maps and near competitive play?