Sign in to follow this  
Error

Username/Nickname

Basically how did you get your nickname or your username?

My username Error or Errorman was based on when Ironman Movie released, I accident called it "Errorman" instead "Ironman". My classmates told me I should use that username/nickname.

Mine comes from a combination of things, I wanted something that reflected my play style in RPGs, and that somehow sounded like a fantasy name.

Being that in open world games I tend to explore everything, and games with choices I play with good karma decisions, I decided that "Light" would work as a first name reflecting my benevolent nature, a symbol of hope in dark times, the polar opposite of evil.
May have been influenced by Light Yagami from Death Note (Just the name part, not the whole "I am a god of death" part).

"Landstrider" comes from both Aragorns' nickname in The Lord Of The Rings and an Argonian jeweler in Riften, Skyrim, calling me that while doing quests for him. I liked the sound of that and figured as I like exploring places and discovering the land it would also work fine as a name.

And there you have it, Light Landstrider, adventurer, demon hunter and scholar trained in the arts of alchemy and tinkering, at your service.

I came up with it when I was 12. I was addicted to Golden Sun: The Lost Age at the time, and Chaos Lord is a class in that game. I just decided to stick with it.

Edited by ChaosLord121

Lariette Emeralds (old name): I like Emeralds, how they shine and their green color, the Lariette part was from a song called "Double Lariat" which used to be what I listened to all the time.

Azalea Floria: Azalea is my favorite flower (and, coincidentally, the name of the Nurse that took care of me for 4 months when I was hospitalized for that long) and Floria means Flower in French

Sophomore year in high school, 2008, I was bored in orchestra class. I got to talking with a few of my friends about names, and came up with Eduardo J Faustenberger, the last name being a portmanteau of Faust (I had been watching Shaman King) and the Burgermeister Meisterburger (from Santa Claus is Coming to Town). I eventually decided Eduardo J didn't exactly fit the last name (which I had come up with first), and changed the name to Baron Von Faustenberger. Not the title Baron, he's literally named Baron.

Well, the "Jarg" is because the letters are the initials of my full name IRL, and the 1994 it's because that's the year when I was born.

I know that this might not be the most original thing in the world but it's something.

Edited by Jarg1994

Well, its just something my sleep deprived brain thought of after 10 minutes of staring down the Character Name prompt when I first started playing Spiral Knights. After a while the name just stuck and I got used to people calling me Sky, so I switched over to it everywhere. It probably has something to do with the fact I love aviation and space.

My username represents my objective to be the greatest idiot of all time  I just wanted something nice with "Baka" in it. Around 8 AM after a sleepless night, in front of the character name prompt of Elsword, i had an illumination and this happened.

Floria means Flower in French

Not French. I've never seen that word before.

"The name Floria is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Floria is: Flower. Latin Meaning: The name Floria is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Floria is: Blooming."

My username represents my objective to be the greatest idiot of all time  I just wanted something nice with "Baka" in it. Around 8 AM after a sleepless night, in front of the character name prompt of Elsword, i had an illumination and this happened.

somebody told me it was french... i asked for suggestions for last names, and they came up with Floria

When Ponce de Leon came to the Americas, he named the peninsula to the East of what is now the Gulf of Mexico "Florida", because it had so many beautiful flowers. Granted, he was Spanish, but that's what this is making me think of.

(Source: Research project I did in 4th or 5th grade)

somebody told me it was french... i asked for suggestions for last names, and they came up with Floria

It's french indeed but it's a french name, it doesn't have a direct meaning. You were looking for "fleur".

French or not it's a wonderful name nether the less, and i'm sure we can all agree on that at least :)

Ssssh, you're interrupting my french skillz display (è3é)

• Like 1