Sign in to follow this  
Steamworks

Plugin Suggestions

Is SMAC not on the server, or is it just not announcing itself when you connect? If it's not on, getting it should help keep some hackers from staying around too long.

If Hightower is in rotation, you might want Time Limit Enforcer. People who remember PF2's summer of 2012 know the horrors of 8 hour Hightower stretches.

Airshot Bride just seems fun, especially if the usual Propane Nightmares is replaced with an eXtine "Huuge airshot".

Quake Sounds. It just needs to have the text default to off and maybe get a pony set added.

I don't think I noticed this one on the server despite, like, everyone having it. It should hopefully get a few people to actually hop from the server to the site. It's also nice to remind people to !nominate their favorite maps, !rtv off the bad ones, and !sausage for some scrambled eggs teams.

Map Rate will likely be more useful in the future, but it would be helpful to know the average rating of maps in rotation. I would just leave the auto-rate thing off and use the plugin from above to advise players to !maprate

AFK Manager Seems every server needs it eventually.

Edit:

And a non-plugin suggestion: Could we get a post in the map suggestions forum with a current list of maps in rotation?

Is SMAC not on the server, or is it just not announcing itself when you connect? If it's not on, getting it should help keep some hackers from staying around too long.

No it is not.

If Hightower is in rotation, you might want Time Limit Enforcer. People who remember PF2's summer of 2012 know the horrors of 8 hour Hightower stretches.

Borg is already rewriting a plugin he wrote to fix this, because with the dm_ponyville_b* maps this is also an issue.

Quake Sounds. It just needs to have the text default to off and maybe get a pony set added.

This, possibly not. I personally hate this plugin because it makes following the game harder based off sound.

I don't think I noticed this one on the server despite, like, everyone having it. It should hopefully get a few people to actually hop from the server to the site. It's also nice to remind people to !nominate their favorite maps, !rtv off the bad ones, and !sausage for some scrambled eggs teams.

Reminding people that commands are there is fine but not when it happens every 30 seconds or 5 minutes. Maybe doing what Borg apparently did with the radio plugin and make it have chance of possibly showing you every 5 minutes would be okay. And a thing to join the forum just looks pathetic and needy.

Map Rate will likely be more useful in the future, but it would be helpful to know the average rating of maps in rotation. I would just leave the auto-rate thing off and use the plugin from above to advise players to !maprate

The last time I tried this plugin it was very broke.

Quake Sounds can be shut off with the !quake command.

Why is it needy to have a periodic "Come visit our site at friendshipisgaming.com"? That's pretty standard for most community servers. Also, how is it different from the EQD/PVL branding shunted into the maps?

If you notice, the Map Rate plugin is an updated one. You may have tried the older abandoned one.

Why is it needy to have a periodic "Come visit our site at friendshipisgaming.com"? That's pretty standard for most community servers. Also, how is it different from the EQD/PVL branding shunted into the maps?.

I don't know maybe I am just put off by servers that push ads. But then again I run ad-block at at layer three so maybe I just really have an issue with ads in general.

Having a periodic "come visit our site at friendshipisgaming.com" or similar is essential, and literally every community server has it.

And it's in the chat. It's not like you can't easily ignore it. The 15 foot wide PVL banner outside spawn on, say, Lakeside is far more noticeable and jarring than a chat message.

Ture. I just really don't like ads. Maybe a !noadsformeplease command to not see them again in the future. As long as we don't start pushing for donations I am good. Nothing twists me worse then a "Plz donatz 4 perks and hugs!!1!", that is the single thing that will make me leave a server if it is my first time on it. Maybe after a certain number of hours played it would show but to a brand new player that is just a little much.

No but getting a donate ad in the first 5 minutes would really bother me. I just really do not like ads. If there was a way to turn them off all together using a command I would be completely fine with the plugin and having it shown to people who have not opted out or have not donated.

Donation info would probably go into the motd if anything. Then again, I don't see how periodic chat messages, literally the least obtrusive method possible, can be called ads. At worst you can just ignore them, and at best they scroll up during chat spam. It's not like they're flooding the chat box or happening every 30 seconds or something.

No-one, but see again the below.

Having a periodic "come visit our site at friendshipisgaming.com" or similar is essential, andliterally every community server has it.

Yes this is taken slightly out of context but it is true of 80%~ of pony servers, 50%~ of all community servers.

I just do not want the server to look like a pay to win kind of thing, which at a glance with a donation ad looks to be true. That is why I said

Ture. I just really don't like ads. Maybe a !noadsformeplease command to not see them again in the future. As long as we don't start pushing for donations I am good. Nothing twists me worse then a "Plz donatz 4 perks and hugs!!1!", that is the single thing that will make me leave a server if it is my first time on it.Maybe after a certain number of hours played it would show but to a brand new player that is just a little much.

I am fine with ads to promote the forum right off the bat (with in 5 minutes of joining), but if the ad for donating was delayed until the player had say, 15 hours, of play time it would be more compelling to see something at the start of a new map while stuck in spawn or something like "Hey! You have stuck around for a while. Like the server?", in a menu "1) Yes 2) No" for 1, "Thanks, you can donate if you really like the server and get some perks on the side! To do this type !donate in chat.", while 2 could show, "Would you like to make a suggestion that would make it better? If so type !suggestion to make a suggestion." Then have a chance that the donation ad will show every 5 minutes.

But this is off the top of my head while I am pretty tired and cranky, so don't read to much into it.

And with this I will let it die unless asked directly for my opinion on the topic further.

There are a few things I need to "advertise" those being the PVL and EQD banners inside the safe room. If you notice those banners got the TF2 look treatment to them so while yes they are big and easily noticed they are not eye sores and easy to escape as they are kept in the safe room. I will be adding a FiG banner as well, probably not that as big as the EQD banner (515x512) say (512x265) with the logo, text and URL most likely.

As far as plugins go, SMAC and afk manager are pending install, there will be a timelimit plugin, airshot bride and quake sounds will not be stand alone plugins and will be integrated into saysounds when I get the chance.

Is be in favor of a subtitle watermark in the corner that simply said "FriendshipIsGaming.com"

I would personally vote against this. That is something that is always there and pretty much sticks out. Maybe this, seeing as it could show a much better looking logo and only during round end.

You can advertise the server and forum if you so wish, however I would fell this would be better discussed outside the forum or in a staff area.