Sign in to follow this  
Jet Streak

Gone but not forgotten.

As recommended my english teacher I'm trying talk to more people to help get past shyness (Online counts hopefully.)

So here goes, does anyone have any old games or charaters that you miss?

Me personly, I miss Spyro.

I know that there are games like the legend of spyro and skylanders but I don't think compare to the originals.

So does anyone have characters or games they miss?

Hmm, it's hard to think of something I miss, as most of the games I played have new iterations of them at this day, if I had to dig deep I'd say I really miss a game for nintendo DS called

Solatorobo Red the Hunter

It was a fun little jrpg of sorts minus turn based combat (the combat was a simplistic Real Time Mech Fight), although a little discouraging for many as the world was one of anthropomorphic dogs and cats, and not everyone is into seeing essentially a Japanese anime-game of sorts involving fully clothed bipedal animals...that live in a flying world of floating islands above the destroyed earth of now extinct humans, while using airships, planes and mechs as a form of locomotion and combat. Only Japan could come up with such an incredible yet wacky world I must admit.

But the story was one memorable ride, a little roller coaster of emotions, from serious to comical parts to all out getting kicked in the feels, with an excellent soundtrack to back it up.
There was word at some point of a potential sequel for 3ds, if it's still in the works (which I highly doubt) it's far from being done as I have seen no news about it.

So I guess that would be my answer.

Jak and Daxter series and Sly Cooper pretty much sums up my childhood. They will be missed.

Edit: Jak and Daxter remains the only series in history where you can punch a hovercraft to make it explode without some over the top cinematic BS and not look stupid at the same time.

Edited by RadioactiveNuke

The very definition of gaming nostalgia for me is an old gem called Dark Legions. It was like chess where, instead of taking pieces just by moving onto the same space, the victor of two pieces battling was determined by a real-time duel. There were also powers you could use outside of the duels, such as the Wizard's ability to freeze a piece in place; the Seer's vision that revealed enemy illusions, traps, and phantoms; and the Summoner's ability to bring temporary units to help. Similar games include Archon and Wrath Unleashed, but Dark Legions is in my opinion by far the best game of its type.

Sadly, it released at the same time as the original WarCraft, and was overshadowed.

Crystal Caves, Commander Keen, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, and Chip's Challenge. (The alliteration is not intentional, but is rather odd.)

chips challenge was the bast back in grade school. 

• Like 1

Gordon Freeman. :I

gabening-intensifies.gif

Honestly, I really miss Evil Genius. It's a awesome game but sadly it's aged very poorly. I'd really love to see it expanded and in a new engine, sadly it won't get a worthy successor any time soon. 

Devil Crash AKA Devil's Crush AKA Dragon's Fury. The greatest pinball game I've ever played. I used to play this game every weekend whenever I went over my Uncle's house when I was younger. Just... It was so good.

The other game that I played virtually every weekend was Vectorman. For the time this game came out, the game is both really cool and brought me a ton of enjoyment during my childhood.

I still play through the original Spyro games every now and then, so I can't say that I miss them. I picked up the digital versions from Playstation Store, and I've got at least one of them in disc format. What with digital downloads and all the remastered trilogies floating around for newer systems (Sly Cooper, Crash Bandicoot, etc.), I've pretty much reacquired every bit of nostalgic gaming from my childhood. They're still good today!

Except Croc. I don't know why I ever enjoyed Croc.

Honestly? A lot of my favorite games are ones that have come out in more recent years like Freedom Planet, Armello and Undertale, but if I where to go by games forgotten by time I would say I always wanted Okage: Shadow King to make a comeback. It was SUUUUUPER flawed but it had a lot of charm as well, enough that I sought out another copy when I foolishly traded it away when I was a dumb kid and thought "Oh I can always buy this again later!" cuz I had no way of knowing how much the game market would change.

Another old game I remember really liking was Klonoa 2, I played the original as well but I think that series really deserves a resurgence, though I'm not so sure how well that would work out. Really wish I didn't trade that one away, been impossible to find a copy at a reasonable price, but I'm not even sure if it's as good as I remember it.

As for a game's universe I'd love to be reimmersed in? Probably my favorite game of all time, Final Fantasy IX. There's no possible sequel that could be (or should be) made and it's a fully complete experience that's totally self-contained, just wish it was something I could rediscover like when I first got it. Now THAT was a game I would never foolishly trade away, even as a dumb kid, thankfully. Especially seeing as I really like the manual that came with it and now it seems places like Gamestop throw away the packaging. I bought a copy of Silent Hill 2 just to save it from having its box and manual thrown out like garbage! I'm not even that big on horror games but GEEZ! Felt wrong to leave it there to be disposed of like it was meaningless.

Sorry, went on a bit of a tangent there. Take it easy!

this might sound odd I miss Theodore tugboat I wish they bring that show back 

and I wish they would make another f-zero game