Celli

Quake Champions

Quake Champions is iD software's newest upcoming first person shooter. It will be a return to the old arena style of multiplayer gameplay, with an added twist of varying champions with some interesting special abilities.

https://quake.bethesda.net/en/

The game looks fun as hell, and I can't wait for the full release. The game is going to be free to play, but you can pay a set price and get all the champions. The closed beta is going on and is released in random spurs. I was invited and have been having a lot of fun with it.

The game is PC exclusive, (sorry, console owners, Quake is at home here, I don't think it would fit on a console anyway) and touts 120Hz gameplay, just like the old games.

Anyone hyped for the game? Anyone get invited to the closed beta?

• Like 2

Well it is about time for a new Quake Arena. I had lots of fun with Quake 3 arena back in the old days. I just hope it will be a proper online shooter and not attempt to clone First Person Dota like Overwatch and others. Don't get me wrong, those games are fun, but that isn't Quake. Then again each Quake game barely resembled next one sooo....

Anyway most likely will not play it till I get a PC from this decade. Yet another game to be added to my list. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

I just hope it will be a proper online shooter and not attempt to clone First Person Dota like Overwatch and others.

Given the information provided, it's exactly like that. :mlp_facehoof:

Ever since the releases of Overwatch and Battleborn, everyone has been jumping on the FPS w/ Abilities train to try and cash in the craze. So far though outside of Overwatch, the only other game that is successful in the mechanics is Paladins, and that's only because it managed to spring board off of Battleborn, a game that has become heavily overshadowed at this point, which has me extremely pissed.

5 minutes ago, Toki Zensekai said:

...remember when Quake was setting standards? Like Mouse Aiming! Ah well guess i'll knock it off my list.

35 minutes ago, Toki Zensekai said:

Ever since the releases of Overwatch and Battleborn, everyone has been jumping on the FPS w/ Abilities train to try and cash in the craze. So far though outside of Overwatch, the only other game that is successful in the mechanics is Paladins, and that's only because it managed to spring board off of Battleborn, a game that has become heavily overshadowed at this point, which has me extremely pissed.

Oh, but it is not like that, though! It is still your typical arena shooter fare, just with a bit of added twist! The champions have different abilities, yes, but that's where the similarities between Overwatch and Battleborn end. Each champion does have slightly different speeds and health but the differences are nominal.

• Like 1

@Celli

I do actuallty, in fact today there's a new update for the closed beta and, good news, the NDA thing has been dropped for this one, so I guess there's going to be more activity in this thread. (Except we can't talk about the ones that were prior to the May 12th to May 21st Closed Beta event)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jarg1994 said:

@Celli

I do actuallty, in fact today there's a new update for the closed beta and, good news, the NDA thing has been dropped for this one, so I guess there's going to be more activity in this thread. (Except we can't talk about the ones that were prior to the May 12th to May 21st Closed Beta event)

Ooh, nice! I didn't think the NDA meant people couldn't discuss it elsewhere. And man, 9 GB patch. And this one's up for a week, so I imagine this means the closed beta is coming to a close soon?