Sign in to follow this  
LegendaryR'QA

It Appears that the forums are gaining some momentum

This does confuse me. Why is FiG gaining much more momentum and attention than Ponyville.net?

Because it's your fault, Toki. It was always your fault. awesomecheer_zpskvbeorwi.png

...Also, we're fun.

This does confuse me. Why is FiG gaining much more momentum and attention than Ponyville.net?

Go to Equestria Daily and look at the sidebar.

Also, a distinct lack of pure cancer servers.

• Like 1

Because this is more TF2 Centric and revolves more around the community instead of some silly mod.

Go to Equestria Daily and look at the sidebar.

Also, a distinct lack of pure cancer servers.

Because this is more TF2 Centric and revolves more around the community instead of some silly mod.

Gah, you guys are such elitists. Can't you guys take the time to unwind for once and play something not stock related?

• Like 2

This place does have a link on EqD but I think it also has to do with the admins here do actually seem to respond to feedback instead of "We're busy, check back in 5 months."

Side note: did Ponyville.net ever actually get a vanilla server going?

• Like 1

It is also possible that due to how recent this community was created that some people may be looking for other avenues to go down and they felt like trying this community and maybe even enjoy it here. Otherwise, I'd say the amount of advertising this group as gotten as well as it being more tf2-centric than other communities helps it out vastly.

• Like 4

It is also possible that due to how recent this community was created that some people may be looking for other avenues to go down and they felt like trying this community and maybe even enjoy it here. Otherwise, I'd say the amount of advertising this group as gotten as well as it being more tf2-centric than other communities helps it out vastly.

This is a respectable answer.

I followed the link on Equestria Daily when they first posted it. I didn't have any experience with forums, gaming or otherwise, and I didn't play TF2, but the few people who were here at the time seemed level-headed, so I stuck around. I'd guess there are a lot of people here who had a similar experience.

Yup. EqD got me here.

And when I think about it... I have never played with anyone from this forum. Never went on the TF2 servers. Im not that interested in TF2. And while I hoped there were also other games present here (at least the EqD post implied so), its okay here.

I like to have some people I can talk with about my favourite games, my favourite show, music, you name it... its just a little too bad that its all TF2.

This place does have a link on EqD but I think it also has to do with the admins here do actually seem to respond to feedback instead of "We're busy, check back in 5 months."

Yeah, my response is usually "I'm busy but it's on the list!" Never mind the fact that it will take me forever to actually get around to it, I'm trying!

• Like 1

I think a lot of people came here after reading their friends would come here or complaints about the other servers from people who didn't like how they were run. I, myself, took issue to a few examples of bad management here and decided to dial my own participation back.  Happens to any community, I suppose. 

The biggest draw, I think, is simply the advertising on a highly trafficked site combined with the presence of a few Internet pony celebrities. People want to come to a place that looks popular and they want a chance to interact with people they view as larger than life. And possibly also a chance to "get discovered" and get in the inner circle. 

Im going to be honest here, I am really not seeing enough traffic on the actual servers. Most of the time its a ghost town, with virtually no one playing. I think we need to start having more announcements on when we have events. Like lets get people playing on the weekdays instead of on the weekends. I've seen this a lot on other customs server in that if you make a small announcement, you will get a good amount of people to play. I mean you got a lot of people on EqD for sure, but if you don't make an announcement, no one is going to play on the server. 

• Like 2

Im going to be honest here, I am really not seeing enough traffic on the actual servers. Most of the time its a ghost town, with virtually no one playing. I think we need to start having more announcements on when we have events. Like lets get people playing on the weekdays instead of on the weekends. I've seen this a lot on other customs server in that if you make a small announcement, you will get a good amount of people to play. I mean you got a lot of people on EqD for sure, but if you don't make an announcement, no one is going to play on the server. 

I'm worried about this myself. Almost every time I check the server registrar on the side, it almost always seems the servers are empty, which proves disheartening, and I wanna actually play some more TF2 again, as I've been jonesing to pop on these servers but they're always ghost towns most of the time (I think I've only caught people on twice and managed to capitalize, and then the second time by the time I fired the game up and loaded the server, the pop crashed from 15 to 4), not to mention... I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but I'm not getting anywhere with The Lost on TBoI:R, so until Afterbirth comes out and buffs him, I don't think I'll be trying as hard for Real Platinum God, which means I'm gonna want to play more TF2...

• Like 1

To get a server going, you need a dedicated group willing to put up with the 2v2 matches and crap like that until the servers get going. It can snowball pretty quickly, especially if the efforts start around Steam prime time (starting around 5-7pm Eastern and ending around midnight/1am). The community just needs to find these individuals and beat them into doing it.

The biggest draw, I think, is simply the advertising on a highly trafficked site combined with the presence of a few Internet pony celebrities.

Celebrities? Do you have an example of a pony celebrity? I haven't seen anyone special here.

I'm worried about this myself. Almost every time I check the server registrar on the side, it almost always seems the servers are empty, which proves disheartening, and I wanna actually play some more TF2 again, as I've been jonesing to pop on these servers but they're always ghost towns most of the time (I think I've only caught people on twice and managed to capitalize, and then the second time by the time I fired the game up and loaded the server, the pop crashed from 15 to 4), not to mention...

Well, I thought this was a platform for all games, not just TF2. I dont mind events, but it would be great if not all events are TF2 themed. I actually joined this group in hope of finding people playing all sorts of games, not TF2 only. Then I could just used the Steam groups to find a server and add it to my favourites.

I'm sorry, but I'll reserve that judgement until Kkat stops by. ;)

Call me when you meet him. I need an autograph. (Digital signature would be fine too)

Celebrities? Do you have an example of a pony celebrity? I haven't seen anyone special here.

Mostly podcasters and EqD management. 

Mostly podcasters and EqD management. 

Seth is probably the most important guy you want on. I don't care about podcasters honestly since we have quite a lot of them, and most of them aren't really that good save for a small number. The people I want to see on are the musicians and artists, those will bring in people.