Sign in to follow this  
LegendaryR'QA

It Appears that the forums are gaining some momentum

We need to get those weekly game nights going again on a consistent basis.  It would be best if the events were all scheduled at once on the EQD page ahead of time for the next few weeks at least. 

If this is referring to me (I am so confused right now) then yes, she.

Kkat. As in the author of Fallout Equestria.

Unless you are Kkat in disguise.

She*

I think.

I wasn't aware of that. The problem with online names... They can be everything.

Ohhhh. My name's Kat, so I thought Borg just typo'd it. Carry on then.

And this is a very funny coincidence.

Also, what I just realized when I wanted to join on these recent events: The servers are located in the USA, and that means that players from Europe - like myself - will have a ping of 150 to 200 there. Which is a little too much for a shooter.

We need to get those weekly game nights going again on a consistent basis.  It would be best if the events were all scheduled at once on the EQD page ahead of time for the next few weeks at least. 

We need some on the weekdays as well, not just weekends. 

Also, what I just realized when I wanted to join on these recent events: The servers are located in the USA, and that means that players from Europe - like myself - will have a ping of 150 to 200 there. Which is a little too much for a shooter.

I feel you man. Us EU folks always have the short end of the stick when it comes to these things, don't we? :eyebrow:

I feel you man. Us EU folks always have the short end of the stick when it comes to these things, don't we? :eyebrow:

As well as us sun-hating pseudo-vampires here in 'Merica. :lunaew:

• Like 1

And you are also from EU? You must be my lost younger brother.

• Like 1

And you are also from EU? You must be my lost younger brother.

Spoooooooookyyyyy. Isn't it? 

Hey, wait a minute.. Why am I the younger one? :suspicious:

Spoooooooookyyyyy. Isn't it? 

Hey, wait a minute.. Why am I the younger one? :suspicious:

Because I think I know my date of birth, and you clearly published yours on your page. (A privacy nightmare!) Thus you are my younger brother.

Because he's older than you. That's usually how it works.

I don't know his age, hence I'm not making assumptions whether he is or not.

Because I think I know my date of birth, and you clearly published yours on your page. (A privacy nightmare!) Thus you are my younger brother.

Fair enough.

I don't know his age, hence I'm not making assumptions whether he is or not.

First rule of improvisational drama: don't contradict what other ponies say. Therefore, he's automatically correct until the plot twist.

• Like 1

First rule of improvisational drama: don't contradict what other ponies say. Therefore, he's automatically correct until the plot twist.

This is acceptable.

@ Skyrazer: Plot twist: I'm your older brother. The EVIL one!

The real problem is that no one is announcing events that often. I don't even think I saw one event get announced this week. We need more announcements to remind people that we have an actual MLP server that's not full of RPers with weird fetishes *coughponiponiponicough*. If Seth is in charge of the Equestria Daily steam group, he needs to allow the mod and server admins on here access to it so they can announce events. 

The real problem is that no one is announcing events that often. I don't even think I saw one event get announced this week. We need more announcements to remind people that we have an actual MLP server that's not full of RPers with weird fetishes *coughponiponiponicough*. If Seth is in charge of the Equestria Daily steam group, he needs to allow the mod and server admins on here access to it so they can announce events. 

Weird RPers with what now? Looks like I didnt miss anything important when the last announcement was made.

Anyway, I like the idea of the EqD steamgroup access. But keep in mind: TF2 isn't everything, and there are still fans in Europe.

Weird RPers with what now? Looks like I didnt miss anything important when the last announcement was made.

Anyway, I like the idea of the EqD steamgroup access. But keep in mind: TF2 isn't everything, and there are still fans in Europe.

PoniPoniPoni tends to be really weird. But really the point of all this is that we need one of the mods or admins on here to have access to the EQD steam group so they can make announcements on when to get on the servers. Honestly right now its been sort of a failure, i'm not going to sugar coat things. I'm just not happy with the current situation going on right now. 

Edited by Sloterdijk

Set up an official/endorsed seeding group specifically for daily/near daily events. The big groups can get events weekly/monthly or whatever while the seeding group gets lots of events and is only for those interested in kickstarting the server.

I will work on getting out events. I am trying to find the balance between too many and too few.

I say we should come up with some actual events rather than just play time. I have a couple of ideas but I haven't been able to get time to start them. All of this events could be streamed in some way whether it be through EqD or the FiG Twitch channel

Couple of ideas that I could help run.

Highlander Community Match - 1 night 2 teams Captains could be Borg and Vman or maybe Sethisto. Best 2 out of 3 of KotH, PL, and 5CP.

Arena Respawn Tournament- Could be a weekend but this is a 5v5 game mode that a little tournament could be run for. It is a very casual gametype so it could be fun for a lot of people.

There are also plenty of other tournaments and such that could be made someone just needs the time to run them.

• Like 1

EqD vs PVL! Highlander match could be really fun if big personalities from both sides are willing to participate.

As far as a tournament, I was going to wait and see what happens with matchmaking and then push for a summer 2016 Highlander tournament sponsored by FiG/EqD/PVL.

A huge charity stream weekend would be pretty sweet, too, but someone with a far better head for logistics of that would have to be in charge of that.