PixelGrip94

Things You Hate In Games You Love

21 minutes ago, Nightshroud said:

I know right.

or how bout the dream eater/pet simulator in triple d

Yeah, that was pretty bad too. Donald and Goofy were more useful than any of my friggin' Dream Eaters

• Like 2

or the tile system in 358/2days

Omachao in sa2 my god is he annoying gives pointless advice or shit that people can figure out by messing around with the controller.

Blighttown in Dark Souls 1. One of my favorite games of all time, but that area can go fuck itself. Seriously, on top of the horrible lag, and the enemies that attack you, it's easy to fall to your death. Not to mention the place is so claustrophobic.

donald in original kingdom hearts.....verry useless ! they need to buff him up on a update or something! he keeps dying more then goofy ! dont get me started on proud mode...

The Warden Eternal boss battles in Halo 5; all 7 of them. It doesn't even change- you melt him with rockets, scattershots, and splinter grenades, and he doesn't even use any different dialogue or ANYTHING. Just copypasta from earlier in the campaign, maybe add 2 or 3 more of him each battle...

Rayman 3 - All Knaaren levels - suddenly anxious levels in such a casual game (and when I was younger they were scawy ;-;)

the team battles in ultimate ninja storm 4 its cheap all team members share the same health so imagine your down to bout 10% health left yeah that sucks

the friendship system in dynasty warriors Gundam 3 for 1 thing it doesn't show you how much you and character has bonded except

by saying (name) has reached friendship level 2 

On 6/13/2017 at 10:06 AM, Nightshroud said:

the friendship system in dynasty warriors Gundam 3 for 1 thing it doesn't show you how much you and character has bonded except

by saying (name) has reached friendship level 2 

The friendship system in DWG2 was even worse, it could decrease to contempt for many pilots you encounter as enemies frequently. Still, really loved DWG2, and DWG3 was quite alright.

The enemy encounter rate in Skies of Arcadia Legends. It's one of my favorite games (nostalgia is a powerful force), but I wish you didn't get sucked into fights so often. I wanna just fly the skies in my pirate ship in peace sometimes, y'know?

Still in SoAL, Belleza's ship battle. I mean, yes, ship battles are awesome, and this (and the following battle against the first Gigas) was a decent enough intro to them (though I feel that it maybe doesn't work as well in hindsight, since most ship battle bosses were sorta puzzle bosses if I recall correctly... but it's been years since I lost my copy so I may be misremembering... still, she's followed by Gigas #1, who works better for that purpose if I recall correctly), but I hate that you only get the ability to attack with magic during ship battles after having that ability used against you by Belleza. At least Sacri still works before that point (I think, like I said it's been a while).

Moving away from SoAL, Splatoon's Special weapons requiring pushing a control stick down. It just feels weird, especially when I don't think the L trigger was used for anything and it could've gone there instead.

This probably applies to all games in some manner or another...

When something is harder then it should be.

Most obvious examples:

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

Pokemon Sun/Moon.

I say Persona 3 FES "The Answer" but I'm pretty sure that is supposed to be hard. Because the difficulty for it is automatically set on hard. So yeah.

3 hours ago, LostSanity said:

This probably applies to all games in some manner or another...

When something is harder then it should be.

Most obvious examples:

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

Pokemon Sun/Moon.

I say Persona 3 FES "The Answer" but I'm pretty sure that is supposed to be hard. Because the difficulty for it is automatically set on hard. So yeah.

Not sure how it applies to those games, but I have played some that might fit that criteria. From the top of my head:

No More Heroes 2 - The Shinobu levels. Every time to pull off a full combo, Shinobu does a taunt, leaving up wide open for attack, meaning if you're going to fight at full power, you're gonna get your ass kicked. Which wouldn't be too much of a problem if the levels were designed around this mechanic... and they aren't. As a result, it took me two hours to beat New Destroyman on the hardest difficulty.

Castlevania 3 - The final level. There's only one checkpoint at the midway point in the level, so if you die between there and the final Dracula fight, you have to go through the second half of the level again. Made worse due to the fact that the Japanese version, there's a checkpoint right before the Dracula fight, meaning that the American players have to needlessly travel through the second half of the level, which contains bone throwing skeletons and a pendulum pit with bats.

Ninja Gaiden (NES) - The final level. Basically the Castlevania 3 example on steroids. You have 3 checkpoints, but die at the final boss fight, instead of sending you back to the checkpoint before the boss, you have to start the level all over again, even if you still have some lives remaining. Not helped that said level is notorious for being a pain in the ass, even without the whole "start the level over again if you die at the boss" bit.

Metroid - If you choose to continue after you get a game over, you start out with 30 HP, which doesn't last long. If you want to survive, you're gonna have to spend a lot of time grinding for health.