PixelGrip94

This Post Is Overrated/Underrated

I enjoy hearing people's thoughts and opinions and why they feel they way they do about these things (provided the reasinine behind it makes sense). As a result, here's another opinion post I'm starting.

Here's how it works:

- Post a piece of media, be it TV series, game, movie, book, anything that you personally believe is overrated and why.

OR

- Post a piece of media that you believe is underrated and why.

Things to keep in mind:

- When you post something, please make it a point to give a legitimate reason why it is over or underrated. This is a place for people to share their opinions for the sake of sharing them.

- Please, please, please, PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD INTO A FIGHT BETWEEN TWO OPINIONS. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should not be bullied because their opinion does not match the status quo. In other words, KEEP IT CIVIL and if you don't agree with someone, either don't reply, or reply in the most courteous way possible.

I'll go first:

In my opinion, Borderlands (1 & 2) is overrated because while it may function well as a co-op game, it doesn't function well as a single player game due to the campaign difficulty not changing between single player or co-op, and that some problems that other games are criticized for, like the lack of a mini-map and hard-to-control vehicles, are ignored in the case of Borderlands.

Overrated

Miraculous Ladybug - It's not bad, but I don't think it's as good as people make it out to be. I did like it at first (though even then, I didn't think it was that great), but it just couldn't hold my attention. A lot of its fans seem obsessed with shipping the main protagonists (I'm sure there's more they like to it than that, but that's something I've seen a lot of), and I don't really care about shipping, so that could be part of it. I also didn't really find it that interesting after a few episodes.

I might add more stuff (whether I think it's overrated or underrated) later.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I might add more stuff (whether I think it's overrated or underrated) later.

Feel free to add whenever you get the urge. That being said, here's another overrated thing IMO.

Frozen. Didn't think it was terrible, but it's not as good as people make it out to be and had numerous problems. Songs were unmemorable (with the exception of Let It Go but only because kids wouldn't stop listening to it at my work), the "strong female characters" consist of a nervous wreck and a naive child, the rock trolls were almost entirely useless, and it makes fun of tropes from old Disney movies only to fall victim to the exact same tropes. Olaf was (ironically) the only thing I really liked in that movie and even he was obviously created for the sake of merchandising as he has 0 bearing on the plot.

teen titans go needs to be destroyed

Related image   that shows awful the humor is retarded it talks down to the audience cartoon network please cancel that rotten show!!!

5 hours ago, Nightshroud said:

teen titans go needs to be destroyed

Related image   that shows awful the humor is retarded it talks down to the audience cartoon network please cancel that rotten show!!!

That's something that's overrated/underrated? At least among older viewers, I'm pretty sure that's the popular opinion.

Overrated - I always found Killzone to be a really mediocre and generic shooter franchise that's really just really boring to play that Sony only made to compete with Halo and just couldn't do it, I don't know why Sony really likes to push it. I'm really glad Guerrilla decided to do something different with Horizon Zero Dawn which I actually thought was great 

Underrated - Crismon Skies, Microsoft has a real gem here and while I'm glad they're giving it another release on XBox One soon with BC, I really wish they'd give the series another go