Flying_Endeavor

Be Part of the Equestrian Dream (Comic Project)

Greetings of Peace and Joy from the United Nations Expeditionary Forces! 

Mares and Gentlecolts, 

I am trying to start up a comic story known as the EQUESTRIAN DREAM. I already have a small team of artists and writers in place, but our progress has been slow so far. And we are also limited by our own technical capabilities, or our artistic skill and talents. In other words, we would truly like the assistance of other more experienced artists to help push our project forward. We simply need volunteer vector artists, or people who know how to visualize various scenes and turn them into a digital masterpiece. Here are our first two artworks, to give you an idea of what we are going to tackle: 

Artwork #1 (http://the-equestrian-dream.deviantart.com/art/THE-EQUESTRIAN-DREAM-618219634)

the_equestrian_dream_by_the_equestrian_d<>

Artwork #2 (http://the-equestrian-dream.deviantart.com/art/THE-EQUESTRIAN-DREAM-TAKING-FLIGHT-677916889)

the_equestrian_dream___taking_flight_by_

These, are the types of artworks and projects that we would be handling for this comic. Please do not be intimidated by them, you would not be alone in this project. 

Also, as seen in the images, this is not a human story in Equestria. We would be making use of Canon Races for this story. 

Anyways, here is a brief description of the story: 

The recent magical ruckus in Equestria has attracted the attention of more than one foreign nation. What ensues in the coming weeks are some of the darkest days the land has ever witnessed as they get caught up in a violent conflict spanning half the globe. Now they must join forces with strangers or risk total annihilation. But are these "new friends" here to be Equestria's salvation... or will they lead Equestria further to its destruction. Only time would tell the outcome of such an event, when Military Might meets the Magic of Friendship. 

! More information regarding the story would be given to interested parties and individuals. !

We would strive not to stray too far away from MLP truly is, hence why we would also welcome various writers who are interested in this project to help make the story better. 

Brief Recap: 

We are looking for volunteer ARTISTS and volunteer WRITERS to help not only push the story forward, but to also enhance the story and make it better. 

Special emphasis on volunteer, for this is a non-profit endeavor. We'll just have to wait and see where this comic heads or where it would take us. 

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to read this composition. If interested, please leave a comment below. I am looking forward to having you in the team. 

United Nations Expeditionary Forces, signing-off. 

2 minutes ago, J. Brony said:

What exactly are you looking for in the writing department?  Can you be a little more specific on that point?

Well, individuals who could provide inputs on how various characters should interact, people who could help better establish the lore of the story and make it coincide with what is Canon in the show. Individuals who are capable of understanding the story and creating various scenarios to help it pan out better, without resorting to cheesy or lazy writing. 

Essentially that. 

Hypothetically speaking, assume someone met those qualifications, what would be the process for their contributions?  Do you have a website devoted to the project where they'd post their input?  Is this all done via Skype/Discord?  Can you walk me through a typical scenario in which a writer would receive their instructions and then send their work back to your staff?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J. Brony said:

Hypothetically speaking, assume someone met those qualifications, what would be the process for their contributions?  Do you have a website devoted to the project where they'd post their input?  Is this all done via Skype/Discord?  Can you walk me through a typical scenario in which a writer would receive their instructions and then send their work back to your staff?

That is an excellent question. Our main means of communication and coordination goes through our  Skype Channel which is dedicated for the project. We also have MS Word documents which would be updated given the input of various individuals within the group. We also have a unified account on Deviantart bearing the same name as the comic, where we would post our outputs such as artwork and such. Our artworks so far, such as those presented above, are collaborative efforts between the members of the group. Aside from having their names as well as their specific contributions listed on the description, they are also allowed to post the resources they've contributed in their own DA accounts. (Ex: Vectors and drawings) Their names are also posted and linked within the profile page of the Unified Account itself. Credit where credit is due after all.  

DA Account: 

http://the-equestrian-dream.deviantart.com/

Each member is given a copy of the starting plan of the story, as well as the general progression of it. Also, I would personally give a run down of the story to each new member, so they could better grasp it. As for contributions, any member could freely speak up within the Skype group and give their input and we all could debate whether it would be included or not. We are also open for suggestions and ideas on how to better manage not only the comic, but the team running it. Writers are free to draft up their own ideas based on his/her knowledge of the story (Preferably by use of MS Word) and upload it to the group for deliberation, and to make changes if necessary. 

For now however, we are short on artists. Further development of the story could occur further down the line, right now, we need people who could make the visuals possible, for this is a comic. For the artistic group, each member is assigned tasks based on his or her capability and willingness to contribute. The time limits are pretty relaxed, for I do not wish to over-stress any of the available artists within the project, given we all have real life commitments and that takes precedent over this project. That does complicate things when it comes to timely submissions. If you would look at the original DA pages of those two artworks, you would see the former was uploaded on the 28th of June, 2016, while the latter was uploaded just this 1st of May, 2017. Almost a year has gone by since our first artwork, which is unsustainable. Sure, we could produce the sort of pieces that are rarely done within the community, but it takes us so much time to do so. We have other artworks in the works currently, but as mentioned, it would take time to have it up. We aim to produce good to decent quality artworks for this comic, and that would take even more time to accomplish. 

Anyways, I hope these answered your questions. Feel free to clarify them if ever I didn't.

After 2 Years, I am finally able to get back on this site, and wow, MLP is in its final season. 

Anyways, bumping this thread back up to hopefully give this project another shot. :)