FiG as is Friendship is Gaming.

The ranks are fig related things.

I'm a little dumbfounded. How couldn't I realize that?

Okay, I get it. And the mascots name is a play on the abbreviation of the site. Okay. Still wouldn't think the name is perfect, but it now makes more sense to me, so thank you.

What does Fig look like as a unicorn?

Why does the mascot have to be female? Just asking. I don't know any reasonable argument against a stallion.

And for my opinion: Yes, a mascot is cool, but make the character interesting, not "only" the look. Its easy to make the look somewhat special (Red-black alicorn, anyone?), but the real work is making the character good. This also means that I won't support griffons, changelings, or... yaks.

And for EqD having two featherbrains - i mean... pegasi - I would support and earth pony just as much as an unicorn.

I'd support an Earth pony mascot, but maybe we should do a poll?

Also, is there any chance we could have both her and a gender-flipped version of her? I've got a picture in my head of the two of them on a banner, but currently lack the skills and tools required to make it real.

I like the name Fig, but if we're trying to make everybody happy, we should start coming up with name suggestions. 

We already have Videoludica,  Data Stream,  Crystal Control(ler),  Mane Quest,  Sidequest,  Turn Table,  Top Gunner,  Jewel Joystick,  Arcade Heart,  Flag Runner,  Bomb Charge,  Control Point,  Crocket [?],  Jo Doe,  Gravel Gunner,  and Pocket Rocket.

Here's mine (for her, and the theoretical him):

1. Figure One/Figure Two

2. Gigabyte/Terabyte/Petabyte

3. Stick Figure

4. Figure Ace

Edited by Storm Lantern
Spelling fix. I learned something today.

I'd support an Earth pony mascot, but maybe we should do a poll?

Also, is there any chance we could have both her and a gender-flipped version of her? I've got a picture in my head of the two of them on a banner, but currently lack the skills and tools required to make it real.

I like the name Fig, but if we're trying to make everybody happy, we should start coming up with name suggestions. 

We already have Videoludica,  Data Stream,  Crystal Control(ler),  Mane Quest,  Sidequest,  Turn Table,  Top Gunner,  Jewel Joystick,  Arcade Heart,  Flag Runner,  Bomb Charge,  Control Point,  Crocket [?],  Jo Doe,  Gravel Gunner,  and Pocket Rocket.

Here's mine (for her, and the theoretical him):

1. Figure One/Figure Two

2. Gigabyte/Terrabyte/Petabyte

3. Stick Figure

4. Figure Ace

Ooh, nicely done.

Earth is fine by me. Just - please - no more featherbrains. I mean pegasi. EqD already got two of them.

She and a R63 version? I can live with that. Or make two mascots (like EqD), but with different parts of gaming. Like one for community-multiplayer games, and one for indie games or something like that.

For the names: I like Mane Quest (clever wordplay), Turn Table (nice Alliteration), Arcade Heart (Sounds smooth), Control Point (Because of all the misconceptions: "Control Point has been taken!" - "... What?") and the Figure One/ Figure Two idea (Some typical gaming thing with "Player one" and "Player Two").

Also Terabyte is written with one "r", it has nothing to do with the latin word for earth.

Videoludica, Data Stream,  Crystal Control(ler),  Mane Quest,  Sidequest,  Turn Table,  Top Gunner,  Jewel Joystick,  Arcade Heart,  Flag Runner,  Bomb Charge,  Control Point,  Crocket [?],  Jo Doe,  Gravel Gunner, Pocket Rocket, Figure One/Figure Two, Gigabyte/Terabyte/Petabyte, Stick Figure, Figure Ace

To be honest, Gigabyte, Data Stream, Sidequest, and Arcade Heart sound more like appealing names for a forum that has no focus on a particular game genre.

TRY8LGU.jpg

Unicorn was mentioned before so I thought I'd do a little sketch. Horn fits nicely in the cleave of her bangs so it works fine. Still partial towards earth myself, but that's because I could have fun designing computer hardware and peripherals around the use of hooves, whereas the horn can just bypass that in drawings.

Also been pretty fond of caller her Fig, but I admit that it doesn't sound like a pony name, and would fit better as a nickname if anything.

And if I were to support a two pony deal (which I'd still be meh on), a twin bother actually sounds cool. Don't think I'd care for it to be another mare, feels a little redundant.

• Like 1

Not particularly impassioned in the unicorn-vs-nonunicorn issue. 

But I do rather like the art style in general. I'm struggling to come up with an adjective to describe the body-image which doesn't sound somehow derogatory. Chunky, muscular, stout... Nothing works... 

Not particularly impassioned in the unicorn-vs-nonunicorn issue. 

But I do rather like the art style in general. I'm struggling to come up with an adjective to describe the body-image which doesn't sound somehow derogatory. Chunky, muscular, stout... Nothing works... 

To be honest, that's just how I draw the ponies.

atg_day_2__the_wolf_chasing_the_bunny_by

Super curvy, round, and plump. Usually with huge cheeks/jaw and haunches.

They're just big marshmallows to me.

I do rather like the art style in general. I'm struggling to come up with an adjective to describe the body-image which doesn't sound somehow derogatory. Chunky, muscular, stout... Nothing works...

Built, stacked, fluffy (though that could be taken literally).

To be honest, that's just how I draw the ponies.

Super curvy, round, and plump.

TRY8LGU.jpg

Unicorn was mentioned before so I thought I'd do a little sketch. Horn fits nicely in the cleave of her bangs so it works fine. Still partial towards earth myself, but that's because I could have fun designing computer hardware and peripherals around the use of hooves, whereas the horn can just bypass that in drawings.

Also been pretty fond of caller her Fig, but I admit that it doesn't sound like a pony name, and would fit better as a nickname if anything.

And if I were to support a two pony deal (which I'd still be meh on), a twin bother actually sounds cool. Don't think I'd care for it to be another mare, feels a little redundant.

That picture is absoluetly adorable. D'aww.

And I support the idea of a male twin. But they both shouldn't have the same hobbies, that feels "a little redundant". He could be a cosplayer, or something like that... Anything that touches a different part of gaming besides hardware and games.

And I support the idea of a male twin. But they both shouldn't have the same hobbies, that feels "a little redundant". He could be a cosplayer, or something like that... Anything that touches a different part of gaming besides hardware and games.

I say the brother be a console gamer think it would cover those who play more so on Xbox or PS.

I say the brother be a console gamer think it would cover those who play more so on Xbox or PS.

Only "men" play on consoles.

Only "men" play on consoles.

Master mare race with stallion peasants. Oddly enough, it kind of fits the shows matriarchy.

Would work considering the dynamic of PC and console gamer exists. Could also use the hardcore and casual dynamic.

Or to expound upon that, the nerd and geek dynamic. The nerd is hardcore into games, programming, the mathematician that likes organizing information, the guild or raid leader, the game developer and PC gamer who enjoys building and understanding computing; whereas the geek is is more casual about games,
the charismatic personality, enjoying the social aspect of play, the one who would rather buy a premade computer or console and enjoy the experience, and might be considered the streamer or let's player that acts more as the face of gaming culture instead of the brains.

Personally, I still like the idea of just one mascot, because these aspects of personality aren't exclusive to one another, and doing so kind of flattens the character into an archetypal mold which is a little insulting and boring. Like my brother is pretty nerdy when it comes to understanding and working with computers, from hardware to software, but presents himself as more of a charismatic, sociable type. He works as a salesmen, so it kind of makes sense, but that's what I mean.

We don't really need two characters to represent gaming. There doesn't need to be the PC master mare race or console stallion peasants, there can just be a gamer who is invested in the culture as a whole, perfectly capable of representing it's many aspects. Especially when they're cutie mark is a controller with a heart behind it.

Again though, those are my thoughts. If we do two characters, making them distinct (such as an archetypal hardcore nerd and hipster geek) seems like the best way to give each of them aspects of gaming to represent; I just think it feels a bit insulting and, I don't know, boring character-wise.

Name ideas: Hard Drive, Key Board, Plug Play, Power House, Fusion Core, Electro-Dream, Shaky Platform, Virtual Fantasy, Score Keeper

Also, just realised:

FiGure 1/ FiGure 2

Very clever, Spirit Lantern.

That's all I got. Do note that since this is in the middle of the night, many of the above names are probably really bad.

Name ideas: Hard Drive, Key Board, Plug Play, Power House, Fusion Core, Electro-Dream, Shaky Platform, Virtual Fantasy, Score Keeper

Also, just realised:

FiGure 1/ FiGure 2

Very clever, Spirit Lantern.

That's all I got. Do note that since this is in the middle of the night, many of the above names are probably really bad.

I like Power House and Score Keeper. Plug Play is... um... I dont have a good feeling about that one, and Virtual Fantasy is a little too complex for my taste.

Plug play, all day...

aB3mPFD.gif ...too far?

But yeah, some of those names are cool, but I think it'd be a good idea to avoid ones that have a bit too much innuendo potential.

Edited by Zookz

aB3mPFD.gif ...too far?

But yeah, some of those names are cool, but I think it'd be a good idea to avoid ones that have a bit too much innuendo potential.

It literally screams to be... interpreted.

Also, I like your artwork. You have a DeviantArt account?

Yeah, I do, though I don't update it as often as I'd like. Usually I'm either working or doing artwork for Fallout Equestria with The Overmare Studios, most all of which I can't post for NDA reasons.

http://zookz25.deviantart.com/

This is the current favorite painting I've done:

trixie_s_vista_by_zookz25-d8yzxx9.png

As I said though, I don't update it often so that's kind of my downfall.

Yeah, I do, though I don't update it as often as I'd like. Usually I'm either working or doing artwork for Fallout Equestria with The Overmare Studios, most all of which I can't post for NDA reasons.

http://zookz25.deviantart.com/

This is the current favorite painting I've done:

As I said though, I don't update it often so that's kind of my downfall.

Oh, you are working for Overmare Studios? Well, that's awesome. I would ask you how the progress is, but NDAs are NDAs.

However, you got a new watcher, I really like your art.

TRY8LGU.jpg

That's damned cute. I also have grown found of calling her Fig. I just noticed how she has 4 colors in her mane and most ponies from the show don't have that.