friendship_is_gaming_mascot_by_zookz25-d

So why haven't I been seeing any pony mascots for this forum? Especially when it has the perfect icon for a cutie mark. No idea about a name for her, obvious things like Joystick seem to already be taken by rule 64 Button Mash.

So, this thread will be for any mascot ideas for this forum. I remember when MMO Champion had their little mascot in the corner of the site, and I missed it when it was taken away. Let's bring back cute little gaming mascots! Would enjoy seeing a gaming pony up at the top of the site. :3

Also, I was out drinking when I started drawing this, so I didn't notice how similar she looked to Celestia while intoxicated. :P

• Like 1

I do rather like this artwork. nice job. 

Still trying to figure out the Rule 64 reference. Closest I've come is from the US Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Title VIII, Provisional and Final Remedies:

Rule 64. Seizing a Person or Property

(a) Remedies Under State Law—In General. At the commencement of and throughout an action, every remedy is available that, under the law of the state where the court is located, provides for seizing a person or property to secure satisfaction of the potential judgment. But a federal statute governs to the extent it applies.

(b) Specific Kinds of Remedies. The remedies available under this rule include the following—however designated and regardless of whether state procedure requires an independent action:

• arrest;

• attachment;

• garnishment;

• replevin;

• sequestration; and

• other corresponding or equivalent remedies.

The relevance of this eludes me, but I haven't given up searching. 

reQclaX.jpg

• Like 2

Ah, yeah, off by one number. Meant the gender swap.

Any name ideas are still welcome. Might do another doodle of her at some point, maybe draw a few emote-style faces for replies.

Hmm, trying to come up with a name is quite difficult, although I have a couple that are trying to make way in my head:

Videoludica  -> from the italian word "Videoludico", that generally means something video game related

Data Stream -> If we want to consider we will have streamers on the forums at some point.

Still trying to come up with something else because these are still some quickly thought up stuff.

Those are pretty cool. You know, we can just call her Fig/Figz as well, being short for Figabyte. Okay, that's kind of dumb, but I like Fig.

Did a few more sketches:

y8meOUD.png

This is actually the color I wanted for the hair (just didn't have the colored pencils for it in the first sketch)

Not actually a huge fan of the white coat, but I wanted it to match the site and I couldn't think of a better color to represent the PC. (white also sort of works to represent Nintendo) 

Oh well.

9rymNSc.png

Edited by Zookz

Rule 63 refers to when a character is portrayed as the opposite gender. So a "Rule 63 Button Mash" would just be female Button Mash.

Also I like the mascot design, but for some reason she comes off as really muscle-y for me.

Edited by RadioactiveNuke

That's most likely just me. I tend to define more than I really should for the ponies (or most things, really), so female characters that are meant to look less defined and more soft, well, don't look as such.

If you're speaking personality-wise, that would be whatever the community would want of her, really. Again, I tend to lean and be more bias towards rough than soft.

If I actually watched gaming streams and were designing the personality for her, I'd say creating her to have a personality that is somewhat similar to how female streamers tend to act (or how well known ones do) would work pretty well. Again though, I'd say the community should come up with the personality much like background ponies in the show get their personalities. :)

Edited by Zookz

NVen9fF.gif

Ah, yeah, I should of looked a bit more for a thread.

Seems they like the idea for a unicorn. Only reason I didn't make Fig a unicorn is that the white coat with headphones starts looking like Vinyl Scratch, and a horn would push that more. Not to say that she needs headphones, but big, lit-up-fancy-mic-headphones along with stylish RGB keyboard and mouse is classic over-the-top gaming gear, and I feel she should have it. :P I actually have a relatively new RGB mouse along with a 10-year old Dell keyboard I've had since the second computer I ever got. It's a weird contrast.

Also, while I've never been a huge fan of multiple mascots (pretty much means you have to always show both otherwise there's a weird disparity where one feels more associated with whatever they're representing), I don't really care much about what we use in the end, as long as one is an adorable female pony. :3

Edited by Zookz

Also, while I've never been a huge fan of multiple mascots (pretty much means you have to always show both otherwise there's a weird disparity where one feels more associated with whatever they're representing), I don't really care much about what we use in the end, as long as one is an adorable female pony. :3

Why does the mascot have to be female? Just asking. I don't know any reasonable argument against a stallion.

And for my opinion: Yes, a mascot is cool, but make the character interesting, not "only" the look. Its easy to make the look somewhat special (Red-black alicorn, anyone?), but the real work is making the character good. This also means that I won't support griffons, changelings, or... yaks.

And for EqD having two featherbrains - i mean... pegasi - I would support and earth pony just as much as an unicorn.

My two bits.

I was pretty sad when EQD went with two pegasi instead of one mascot or three (one of each race). As interesting as Rocket Tier sounds, he feels tacked on and less of a mascot compared to Spotlight looking at his design. Though I don't think I can ever associate EQD with any other mascot other than Trixie, so that's more of my problem.

As for the female part, this is just meant to be my contribution. I made this thread with the idea that people could contribute their own ideas to a design, not so I would just make one for the site. I'm not much of a writer, so coming up with a background for her isn't really my foray. Sure, I try to instill a personality through their design, but that doesn't mean I have any details. Just a general jist that people can associate personality to, getting an idea of who she is by how she presents herself. Much like any background pony in the show, really.

So if you didn't get the "why female over male" part, it's because this is just my design, and having a female mascot is my bias or preference (for the adorable :3). I'd implore others to show their own ideas.

Have a muddy paint doodle for a muddy mood pony.

LVKNuUY.png

Ha, I wish I could contribute, but lacking the skill to draw anything means that my opinion is all that I have to offer. So there is just me telling you all the things I dislike, simply because I wouldnt be able express what I like - at least not with a drawing.

With that being said:

Nice work on all that artwork!

GAtFazu.gif 3DbHVOZ.png 0SV9hg8.gif ejxDzKu.png

:applejargh: :glare: plz.gif twi-smug.png

Fig'ed some emotes because I was bored. Don't actually know how these things are meant to be made, but meh.

And thanks. People can still contribute by coming up with a personality if they want. I'm just doing this for fun.

Edited by Zookz

GAtFazu.gif 3DbHVOZ.png 0SV9hg8.gif ejxDzKu.png

:applejargh: :glare: plz.gif twi-smug.png

Fig'ed some emotes because I was bored. Don't actually know how these things are meant to be made, but meh.

And thanks. People can still contribute by coming up with a personality if they want. I'm just doing this for fun.

Those emotes are great! Good job.

Now we just need some kind of poll to determine the name, because we cant add emotes without knowing the pony's name.

Love to see more of your work.

I actually gave a lot of input to Sethisto which is why EQD has two mascots. @Zookz what does Fig look like as a unicorn?

So you are the reason my friend didn't win!

Nah, just kidding. Are we now accepting Fig as a name? I'm not too happy with it, to be honest.

Edit: I also don't know why the forum ranks are based on a fruit. Can someone explain?

Edited by Alpha268