8 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I've read & heard that the bunny suit episode got so many complaints that they stopped airing the episode & got rid of Iggy altogether.

I'm pretty sure that Iggy had a few cameos in subsequent episodes. Either way, yeah, I've never seen him play a major role again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@ChB

There was an episode called "Principal Simmons" in Season 5, though. ;)

I remember that episode! It was really good. I think I once wanted to be a principal, and the episode taught me to be careful what I wish for. 

• Like 1

@ChB

I think being a principal would be a lot more difficult then it looks. (As Mr. Simmons found out in the episode.)

I also noticed something,

I know they're completley different shows but, Hey Arnold! focused on Eugene (A side character.) in the second episode of the series

whereas MLP:FiM took SEVEN YEARS to begin focusing on the problems of characters not related to The Mane 6.

I'm including the CMC's in my example.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@ChB

I think being a principal would be a lot more difficult then it looks. (As Mr. Simmons found out in the episode.)

I also noticed something,

I know they're completley different shows but, Hey Arnold! focused on Eugene (A side character.) in the second episode of the series

whereas MLP:FiM took SEVEN YEARS to begin focusing on the problems of characters not related to The Mane 6. (I'm including the CMC's in my example.)

What do you mean? Aren't you forgetting Luna Eclipsed, Amending Fences, every Spike episode, and the EG series? 

Back on topic, I think one of the best things about Hey Arnold! is that unlike most other cartoons in the 90s, it focused on a theme that most little kids would be hesitant to talk about, yet would find entertaining to watch: Romantic Love. At least for me, I watched Hey Arnold! at an age where I was too afraid to admit it when I had a crush on someone, and the show gave me numerous people to relate to and/or sympathize with. I love Helga and all her moments talking about Arnold. That, and Arnold's past relationships with Ruth and Lila. 

• Like 1

@ChB

I don't know where my mind was on that first part. :oops:

Anyway, 

I agree with you about the best parts about Hey Arnold! being the relatable characters & the topic of romantic love.

When, I watched Hey Arnold! as a kid I thought Helga's love for Arnold was funny but, there were times where her poetry creeped me out a little.

Like, in the episode "Helga's Parrot" for example.

Also, as much as I like Arnold & Helga together I don't know how compatible they would be outside of one of Helga's fantasy scenario's.

The two characters I ship are Arnold & Lila, I mean, look at how happy Arnold is.

tumblr_lnoatp8Dgj1ql0sq0o1_500.jpg

• Like 1

@Sparklefan1234 As much as it pains me to admit it, I agree that they might not be the most compatible couple. They don't share too many interests, to my knowledge. That said, my headcanon tells me that they MUST be together. If they don't, all of Helga's moments will be for nothing. I'm sure you understand that sentiment. 

Lila is my third favorite young woman character, after Helga and Phoebe. Her voice is sweet and soft, which reminds me of Fluttershy. One of my favorite episodes that included Lila was "School Play"

• Like 1

I watch Hey Arnold! on NickSplat every Thursday night. It's a good show and I'm looking forward to The Jungle Movie.

Speaking of The jungle Movie, Craig Bartlett says that a comic teaser is coming later today.

• Like 2

Like, an opposits attract type of situation? 

Lila is my second favorite girl character after Helga & it's interesting how Lila is poor but,  has a cheerful personality & a loving father,

while Helga is well off but, is neglected by her family & feels like she has to be mean in order to get attention.

"School Play" was good because, after Helga went on one of her tangent's to Lila about why she wanted to

kiss Arnold in Romeo & Juliet so badly, Lila says "I kinda had a funny feeling you liked him." 

• Like 1

Like, an opposits attract type of situation?  

No, but because the most recurring plot in the entire series is Helga's crush on Arnold. Her crush is the very reason she is a major character in the show, and much of Arnold's plots involved having other crushes that didn't work out. Even the opening theme song is implicitly centered around Helga's crush on Arnold. If Arnold and Helga never get together, then IMO, that would be a big "Screw You!" to the central plot of the entire series. It would be like if the ending of the series "How I Met your Mother" was that Ted never got married and the kids were adopted. That said, if Lila and Arnold end up together, I will be okay with that. I hope you don't take this as an attack on your ship; I don't intend it to be.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Lila is my second favorite girl character after Helga & it's interesting how Lila is poor but,  has a cheerful personality & a loving father,

while Helga is well off but, is neglected by her family & feels like she has to be mean in order to get attention.

Good observation. Now, I think that Lila is a mix of Fluttershy and Applejack, and that Helga has a Diamond Tiara background. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ChB said:

I hope you don't take this as an attack on your ship; I don't intend it to be.

I don't & you made a good observation about the theme song being centered around Helga's crush on Arnold &

Helga being like Diamond Tiara is something I never picked up on. :)

• Like 1

@ChB

I do like that, thank you.

Also, I think that Phoebe is playing dumb since I'm sure she can see Lila & Arnold from where she's standing

but, she doesn't want to hurt Helga's feelings.

• Like 1

@ChB

Lila's shirt does look like Lyra Heartstrings mane & tail color. (I got their names mixed up the first time I typed this.) :P

Another thing I like about Hey Arnold! is the music because, it reminds me of The Peanuts holiday specials.

• Like 2

yeah that's  it Arnold betrays iggy that's the name of the episode

youre right the music does remind me of merry Christmas Charlie brown

• Like 2