Sign in to follow this  
Steamworks

S5 Episode 16 - Discussion

Where to watch:
(Some of the pages have the episode title in them already. If you can't bear to even know that, you should probably avoid them until it's time for the episode.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/3km1kr/mlpfim_season_5_episode_streams_part_2/

(Discovery Family is having a huge pony marathon from 10am Eastern through 9:30pm Eastern. Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?, Power Ponies, Rarity Investigates, the new episode, Equestria Girls, Rainbow Rocks, The Runaway Rainbow, The Princess Promenade (Lauren Faust took a lot from this one when she went to make FiM), Equestria Girls, Rainbow Rocks, and ending with the premiere of The Friendship Games.)

DailyMotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37ulqe

I really hope in the Season Finale Twilight finally takes a sledgehammer to that map. "Tell ME where I can and can't go, dammit!! I'll see the Griffin Kingdom if I want to because I'm a strong independent princess that don't need any destiny!!"

Then they introduce "Charity," and all became clear. This must be the fifth installment of the "Diamond In The Rough" series!! The map simply didn't want Twilight to have a mindgasm and/or call her lawyers. Of course, this still begs the question of where "Applesack" was. awesomecheer_zpskvbeorwi.png

New York has 7 000 000 people, my town has 6000

3(6000) =/= 7000000 Rarity...

Crime of Fashion, get it? Cuz it sounds like Crime of Passion?...

"Moved away"!!!?!?! dammit we were this close!

The bench breaking when she put the hat on it legit made me Laugh out Loud

I am liking these recent episodes' end credit tracks, and hope they keep this up. While the track at the end of this episode wasn't as good as the jazzy muted trumpets from "Rarity Investigates," this was still a good track to hear at the end of the show.

I was honestly hoping for them to call out the name of the neighborhood to be in to be something like Bucklyn (Brooklyn) or something like that.

Or that's my inner Fallout: Equestria geek shining through, lol.

They did say the name of the neighborhood around 7:10 into the episode.

Twily's a princess. She should just go wherever she wants even if the map doesn't call anyone.

AJ's reaction to Rarity's callback to Rarity Takes Manehattan is great. 

Oh hey, Charlie Brown pone. Rarity kind of ruined it with her "Good grief" right after he passed.

Coco's grown so much since she was just an underling last time we saw her. I saw her more as a support type rather than a major mover and doer.

Newspony is cute. I wish we could see more ponies with outfits like his and more elaborate manes like his. I almost want to give Steamworks there a similar mane.

I love that background music while AJ's cleaning up the park. I wish more of the BG music stood out like that these days. 

On a side note, AJ just digging in and trying to power through everything is a lot like how I feel these days. Lots of stuff is piling up on top of me lately, and I don't have much choice put to plow through it.

Why did they beat up on AJ's hat so much? At least we now know it's not  a treasured gift from her parents like some people portray it.

You'd think AJ would be far more into the whole community aspect of it. She's big into family, and community is kind of the family you choose rather than the family you're given.