Leonbrony17

Your opinions about the Sonic The Hedgehog Movie trailer.

Alright.

I felt a need to make this topic because while watching that trailer i had so many question marks flying around my head and so many swear words coming out of my mouth and a need to hear other people opinions about it.

Well...

Here it is.

What do you think about it?

Worst movie 2019 winner?

• Like 1

Well for starters i'm glad sonic is getting a redesign because his design is very uncomfortable (it's mainly his eyes that bother me but the design overall is to uncanny valley for me) and as for the story it'self i just hope that if its bad its so bad that it's good instead of just being a boring mess. the trailer is :nnghaloo:  interesting i guess, kinda gives me 4kids dub of sonic x vibes with the whole "sonics gotta save America!" vibe i'm getting.

• Like 1

The whole movie should be a 2D side-scroller, just like the last good Sonic game.

However, I understand how this would be a challenge for Carey. Most of his roles have been one-dimensional and he'd really have to step up his game to match the depth of such a film.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, baltoist said:

I never thought there was anything wrong with it to begin with. *sigh* Sonic fans.....

You know what would be funny?

If they would release two versions when the movie comes out on bluray. One with the old design and one with the new design. Or maybe a fan can edit the movie and try to put in the old design just to see how bad it would have been.

That would be kinda interesting to see.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:34 AM, Leonbrony17 said:

You know what would be funny?

If they would release two versions when the movie comes out on bluray. One with the old design and one with the new design. Or maybe a fan can edit the movie and try to put in the old design just to see how bad it would have been.

That would be kinda interesting to see.

Or have a gag version of the original trailer as bonus material for the BlueFast Blu-Ray. Except replace the original horror-show Sonic model with a man in a terrible Sonic costume, playing it straight.

Yes, the new trailer is much better. Not only is the Sonic model obviously improved, but Gangsta's Paradise had zero thematic connection with the content of the old trailer or, presumably, the entire movie. I think someone just included it because they wanted to rather than out of any illusion that it was appropriate. With the revelation that Ace Venturobotnik is after Sonic's "power," I think a good trailer could be made with Kanye's West's Power as the soundtrack.

I still honestly don't think a good, original story will be told in the movie but I'm contemplating buying a ticket just to reward them for actually revising the assets. It is too bad, though, that they bumped the release from the prime-time November slot to the "dump month" of February, which pretty much ensures it will be a box office flop regardless.

• Like 1

Soo, the Sonic The Hedgehog Movie is INSANLY sucessfull and fans say it's actually a really good, well put together movie?

I feel like most of the fans only praise the movie as much as they do because the people who made the movie A. listened to the backlash and redesigned Sonic after the first trailer (which is really old news by now), which made countless people go like "For them redesigning Sonic alone, i will give them my money and go watch the movie in theaters", and B. the director and the actors beeing nice to the fans and thanking them for the support instead of insulting them as toxic, sexist, homophobic and mysagonist because "movies entertaining secondary, movies pushing political agenda primary goal" like it is usually nowadays with sadly too many movies and not because it's actually a high quality, like 8/10, 9/10 movie.

Which is really sad because, THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE WITH EVERY MOVIE! THAT SHOULD BE THE NORM! Making movies to entertain people. Making the highest quality product for the consumers to enjoy. Making the fans happy with a good product. NOT shoving political agendas into our faces and say stuff like "White men shouldn't watch our movie. It's not for them" and insult us for disagreeing with and disliking the movie and then going like "Movie failed because not enough people saw it. You white men we told not to watch the movie are the ones to blame".

It's sad what times Hollywood is living in, man.

I always saw, and always will see "Making the best possible movie for people to enjoy" as the standart and i will always judge movies by their own standarts and nothing else.

I still expect the movie to be pretty mediocre, but if it is actually much better, the countless fans praising it are right and i am wrong, then all respect to the people who made the movie as good as it is.

If anyone who has seen the movie wants to post their review here, please, feel free to do so.

I might even post a review of it here too. After i've seen it probably months from now.