DoodleDot

Why do people say applejack is a background pony?

Ok i haven't been apart of this fandom for long but i have learnt quite a few things. one of these things is that many think applejack is a background pony for a couple of reasons, and the reasons i have seen are as follows:

"applejack is a background pony because she doesn't add much to the story" 

"applejack hasn't grown as much as the other mane six and therefore is a background pony"

"applejack hasn't completed any major goals and therefore a background pony"

I understand that many also say she is a background pony as a meme but i am only talking about the people who seem to call her a background pony unironically. 

now do i think she is a background pony? no. why? because she has play as big of a role in the story as other mane six ponies (such as pinkie pie and fluttershy) and yes i fully understand she has not had any character growth (i think the ending to episode 15 of season 2 shows this very well) but nether has pinkie pie but no one calls her a background pony for that.

what about the fact she hasn't completed any goals or evolved into an alicorn you may ask, well i know i have already mentioned pinkie pie but that's because pinkie pie (for 95% of the show) is pure comic relief and therefore hasn't completed any major goals, but she isn't the only member of the main six to not complete any major goals since nether has fluttershy (yes she did build a animal sanctuary in one episode but that was bought up and forgotten as fast as the breezies) and was twilight becoming an alicorn really a big goal she completed or some reward celestia just decided to give her?

i would love to see what you think of all of this. do you think applejack is a background pony or not? and if not what do you think of her in general?

personally i quite like her since she is my second fave pony but i do agree that her personality does have a lack of flaws (i mean aside from being stubborn what flaws does she have?) and wish they gave her some flaws that none of the other mane six have. 

• Like 1

First off, i think this topic belongs into the "Friendship is Magic" section, where you can post opinions and discussion about the show and characters, and not in the fan club section.

Second, obviously some members of the mane 6 get more spotlight and developement than others and Applejack and Pinkie Pie really seem to be the most static of all of them. But as somebody who hasn't seen a big chunk of episodes, all i can say for now is i'm also a bit confused by people saying that Applejack is a background pony.

• Like 1

ah crap i'm sorry i was going to post their but i wasn't sure if this topic would fit better here or there. i will keep that in mind if i make another forum post.

also i can see why you're confused because i was at first (though is some ways still am). 

• Like 1