PinkiePie97

Season 9, Episode 7: She's All Yak

Title: She's All Yak

Synopsis: When Sandbar asks Yona to a "pony dance," Yona becomes convinced she must ponify herself to be a good friend, so she goes to Rarity and her friends for a makeover in appearance and personality.

Airs: Today at 11:30 A.M. on Discovery Family

i enjoyed this episode, before watching i wasn't a big yona fan (in fact i'm still not to big on the young six) but i started to like her a bit more here. as for the story it was quite predictable but still a good watch also i think the episode have many screenshot worthy moments. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WaterPulse said:

Kind of wish this was a Season 8 episode, but, other than that, I thought it was good.

true maybe i would of liked season 8 (and the young six) more if this was an episode in that season since i didn't really care for yona until this episode. 

This episode to me, opened the door (more so than ever) for interspecies relationships to occur.in the show. I mean one of the messages (among the two given) was that it shouldn't matter what species (race), ethic, or cultural background you come from, that if you truly care (Love) someone, or in this case , somepony/someyak, for who they really are, then that's all that should matter.

And the symbolism of the shooting star in the background, kind of, if not teases the fact that something "MORE" will happen between these two later on.

This also opens the door for other interspecies relationships to happen, like let's say, Spike and Rarity, which by now (IMO) has been all, but officially confirmed.  Don't believe me, check out "Best Gift Ever" and when Spike sings to Rarity, she gets stars/sparks in her eyes (better ex./compassion, the "Lady and The Tramp spaghetti scene)

So yeah this episode imho opened, if not KNOCKED the door down for this to happen.

Your Thoughts?

• Like 1

Alright. Episode 7.

Before i start watching i wanna say that i don't like Yona.

"What can i do for you, Yona?" I love the face Rarity makes while saying that. Can't find a picture of it though, sadly.

Oh my god, Rarity, you're so entertaining to watch. xD

"Bleh, earth tones. Isn't that too earthy?" You better not say that in front of EARTH ponies, Rarity. Or Maud.

When Rarity started singing it feels like i never heard a more noticable change from speaking voice actor to singing voice actor than in that moment. And it kinda breaks the immersion in an awkward way.

"Too Twilight" Is there anything wrong with beeing too Twilight, Rarity? Be glad Twilight wasn't there at that moment. xD

Can't Yona just ask the best dancer of them all? Twilight.

Twilight_dances_S2E9.gif

The time for that banner to fall down was awkwardly convenient.

"Sandbar name two ponies worse than Yona." "Cozy Glow and King Sombra."

Okay first off, Yona you're not a pony. And second.

maxresdefault.jpg

aba2d9dc8dbf2d4270e55d7c9b0a676d.jpg

Did Twilight just say "Congratulations youtube" ? xD

Why does the last music Spike plays while Yona tries to teach everypone her "dance" sounds like some nintendo boss music?

Is there really another pOsIbLe ship on the way? F*ck ships imo.

Alright. Ähhh pretty okay episode. I would say 7/10.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2019 at 4:25 AM, bwrosas said:

This episode to me, opened the door (more so than ever) for interspecies relationships to occur.in the show. I mean one of the messages (among the two given) was that it shouldn't matter what species (race), ethic, or cultural background you come from, that if you truly care (Love) someone, or in this case , somepony/someyak, for who they really are, then that's all that should matter.

yeah this episode did have an interesting undertone of accepting interracial relationships which i think is pretty nice for a kids show. :pwease:

And the symbolism of the shooting star in the background, kind of, if not teases the fact that something "MORE" will happen between these two later on.

yeah will last time we swore shooting starts it was to symbolize AJ's parents being dead so maybe it's to symbolize that sombra is dead? or something more important. :ponder:

This also opens the door for other interspecies relationships to happen, like let's say, Spike and Rarity, which by now (IMO) has been all, but officially confirmed.  Don't believe me, check out "Best Gift Ever" and when Spike sings to Rarity, she gets stars/sparks in her eyes (better ex./compassion, the "Lady and The Tramp spaghetti scene)

So yeah this episode imho opened, if not KNOCKED the door down for this to happen.

Your Thoughts?

Well as someone who likes to ship characters myself i personally think it's for the best that the show keeps away from putting the main characters (and important side characters) in to romantic relationships because if they where to it could ruin the show for some shippers (because their ship is ruined) and for non-shippers (because they would properly find it annoying), plus i think its more fun this way since if you reach hard enough you could come up with all kinds of fun shipping stories and even strange OTP content. 

8 hours ago, leonbrony17 said:

Alright. Episode 7.

Before i start watching i wanna say that i don't like Yona.

lol TBH i don't really like her much ether but she is my fave of the young six (ironically sandbar is my least fave of the young six). :pinkieshrug:

"Bleh, earth tones. Isn't that too earthy?" You better not say that in front of EARTH ponies, Rarity. Or Maud.

i don't know why but i love this line. 

When Rarity started singing it feels like i never heard a more noticable change from speaking voice actor to singing voice actor than in that moment. And it kinda breaks the immersion in an awkward way.

yeah this is a good point though i personally didn't find it too awkward because this song was quite fun and catchy (most of rarities are) IMO.

Can't Yona just ask the best dancer of them all? Twilight.

yeah i low key wish it wasn't just fluttershy and rainbowdash showing her how the dance, like we could of got a yeehaw dance from applejack.  

"Sandbar name two ponies worse than Yona." "Cozy Glow and King Sombra."

Okay first off, Yona you're not a pony. And second.

yeah it was weird for her to say pony but i guess its to show (if it wasn't clear enough) that she was trying to be a pony. and second these two ponies were clearly picked to try and not piss off the fandom, i mean if he said queen chrysalis i'm sure many more people would dislike sandbar more than they do. 

Why does the last music Spike plays while Yona tries to teach everypone her "dance" sounds like some nintendo boss music?

:ajlol: honestly this is the best thing to come out of the episode, i love this quote. 

s there really another pOsIbLe ship on the way? F*ck ships imo.

i hope not, i want the show to leave ships to the fans IMO. 

• Like 1

Today I watched two great episodes. This one and Frenemies.

'She's All Yak' is 'Common Ground' done right. In retrospect, I feel bad for Quibble Pants, and I don't know if this was an active decision, but putting this after Common Ground was a sound decision. Different from Quibble Pants, Yona feels much less like a parody of a stereotype and more like a person that really wants to fit in on a drastically different culture. The help she received from the ponies was good, considering what she asked and didn't seem like setting up jokes for her to be the butt: they happened naturally, because the thing was going to fail. Everyone saw it from the start, everyone saw when it was setup, and when it happened, it was done with the right amount of comedy. Sandbar was perfect. And the only complaint I have was that they gave her the trophy... It was unneeded and heavy-handed. Then again, this happens all the time in MLP.

I'm also glad Twilight found something she can dance. Missed a joke there, episode.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 11:52 PM, leonbrony17 said:

Oh my god, Rarity, you're so entertaining to watch. xD

Rarity steals the scene whenever she appears. I think it's a combination of her dramatic character and the outstanding work Tabitha St. Germain does with her. She and Tara Strong are godlike in their jobs.

• Like 1