Shadow Dash

Has being a brony affected your sleep patterns?

I've been wondering for a while whether or not being a brony tends to result in less sleep. For me, it's a resounding yes. I've always had insomnia, so I've gotten used to Luna's domain, but it's gotten worse since I joined the fandom. I've gone from falling asleep around one in the morning to three or four, including one time where I went 3 days without sleeping. It's mainly self-induced because night is the only time I can watch the show without my parents catching me, but I'm interested in if there's a trend.

• Like 2

No real changes for me, but I'm just a casual fan of the show.  If I were involved in community projects or something like that, probably would effect me more.

• Like 1

I am kind of like @Cinder Vel here

I often dont have that much time on my hands and then at 10 PM, when i need to sleep, i go on the internet because i really want to be there and then i might have a semi-good time there for the last 1 and a half hours and then it's already 12. Well, and then i wake up the next morning not wanting to live.

• Like 4

Is it supposed to?

If you're thinking something is affecting your sleep, it may not be that something but in some way you. Of course from time to time people may pull an all-nighter to binge watch something on Netflix or Hulu.

Of course, Binge watching anything is pretty bad; less for health reasons and more for story and content retention. You might get through something faster but packing in so much all at once doesn't leave time for anything to settle in. Arguably, you're not really enjoying it per-say at this point.

Not really.

My sleep pattern's been the same, even after MLP

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

I'm nocturnal now, there's that.

I am the night!

im afraid you're gonna have to take a ticket and get in line, ma'am.

• Like 3

Uh, not really. My schedule naturally drifts to a night one whenever I don't have any reason to be awake during the day. Though it has taken a much more stable and day-focused phase during the semester.

• Like 1

No not at all. I'm one of those people that has to have the television on to go to sleep at night too. I can't be left alone with my thoughts in the dark, I'll never get to sleep that way. I must have something on in the background, but it can't be just anything. It can't be regular television, because the commercials are distracting. It can't be MLP, because I'll get interested and want to watch or listen, and not get to sleep. I have to put something on that I've seen a million times and is just comforting enough to lull me to sleep. 

I always watch TV late at night anyway, so no big deal here. I sleep during the day or early evening and it changes according to my work schedule.So, work may screw up my sleep, but not MLP. 

Now this is an interesting question. :ponder: Being a fan of the show hasn't changed my sleeping habits really, it's just the 'being a bit obsessed with the internet' thing that often keeps me up at night. But at the same time some of the time I've spent on the internet when I should be sleeping has been spent on pony sites so maybe the show actually has affected my sleeping a bit.

On 5/6/2017 at 7:52 AM, Sylveon said:

Not really.

My sleep pattern's been the same, even after MLP

Same! Although I pretty much always had too much energy to sleep :giddy:

@Apple Bloom you already know why i can't sleep....but me coming to this forum helped some....before i joined this forum (i joined after i remembered this show exists....long story) i watched some stupid YouTube videos because i couldn't sleep and i was bored....but nowadays i listen to brony music or watch mlp:fim....listening to music helps me at least...i recommend you try it, if you haven't emote.VinylYesss.png